Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mmm... ...ribs.

vCash

Not-the-Sonics announce ticket prices

Linky
    Ticket prices for OKC's NBA team announced

By Mike Baldwin
    Staff Writer

Oklahoma City NBA season tickets will be more expensive than Hornet tickets but the majority of tickets will be among the most affordable in the league.

The team announced ticket prices Thursday afternoon. Premium lower level tickets will range from $75 to $250 a game.

Unlike most arenas in the league, the lower level of the 19,275-seat Ford Center also will include 3,500 tickets at $50 per game or less, which is half the seats on that level.

Three-quarters of upper level tickets will cost $20 or less. Named Loud City when the Hornets played two seasons at the Ford Center, the upper level will feature 3,400 seats at $10 a ticket.

“With more than 11,000 seats in the arena at $50 or less, we think the pricing is fair and reasonable for individuals and families to enjoy the world-class entertainment the NBA offers,” said team spokesman Dan Mahoney.

This week the team will begin contacting the 18,000 people who put in season ticket requests. Emails and phone calls are scheduled to begin the next few days. Plans are underway to schedule Ford Center appointments for fans to select their seats beginning Sept. 8.

Fans who called or signed up to join the ticket request list between July 2-18 should begin receiving emails this week informing them of the process, followed by phone calls from sales representatives.

The order in which fans will be contacted, and the assignment of appointment times, has been randomly selected by a computer program.

“We want to provide everyone who registered an equal and random opportunity, depending on availability,” Mahoney said. “The response has been tremendous. We are excited to start communicating to fans this week that the ticket process is off and running.”

The NBA requires teams to make available at least 500 $10 seats per game. Oklahoma City will offer nearly seven times that many $10 tickets.

Seats will be set aside for single game tickets, which will be made available closer to the start of the season. The team will also will offer various multi-game packages and allocate seats for group sales.

The Oklahoma City team launches its inaugural 41 home-game regular season in the Ford Center Oct. 29 against the Milwaukee Bucks.
    Well, crap.

Mmm... ...ribs.

vCash

Re: Not-the-Sonics announce ticket prices

Here's a map breaking down the prices.

The 4 seats I had for the Hornets went from a little over $40 per game to $50 per game. Of course, we didn't see a full season here with the Hornets either season. A full 41 game complement will also raise prices.

My Hornets seats (if I can get them, or get close) would now cost around $2050 for the season rather than $1500. That's still about $150 less for the season that I was figuring it would be, so... ...BONUS!!
    Well, crap.

Mmm... ...ribs.

vCash

A TON of lower bowl seating for $40, $45 and $50. Thousands and thousands of bleeders for $10 and $20. It's a really attractive seating plan, VERY similar to the Hornets. I'm pleased.
    Well, crap.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jimminy Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedJed View Post
    Here's a map breaking down the prices.

The 4 seats I had for the Hornets went from a little over $40 per game to $50 per game. Of course, we didn't see a full season here with the Hornets either season. A full 41 game complement will also raise prices.

My Hornets seats (if I can get them, or get close) would now cost around $2050 for the season rather than $1500. That's still about $150 less for the season that I was figuring it would be, so... ...BONUS!!
    I thought they'd jump up more than that, especially for where our seats were. I was happy when I saw the seating chart.

Mmm... ...ribs.

vCash

Yeah, the problem is the method of seat selection. No consideration whatsoever for Hornets season ticket holders, which I understand but don't like, for obvious reasons. No chance I'll get my old seats.

Random selection with a computer program? Guh.

And the biggest problem is that they have enough season ticket interest to sell the arena several times over. I large number of willing people won't even get the chance to buy season tickets, at all. Here's hoping it's not one of us.
    Well, crap.

Yacht Rocker

vCash

I don't understand OR like that. What the crap? Not reward the ones who supported the NBA for two seasons? Is this indicative of the way they really feel about the fans?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Paperclip's Avatar
    vCash

I heard Mr. Bennett say on the radio that they don't know who the previous ticket holders were. Those were Hornets customers and teams don't share customer information.

Mmm... ...ribs.

vCash

Tru dat. George Shinn and Clay had a pretty acrimonious relationship at the end, and I think Shinn didn't want to help out any. Plus, they still market to OKC Hornets fans, and I think they want to preserve that relationship as much as possible.

The ticket holder list is strictly proprietary. Even the Ford Center didn't have a list of who owned what seat. That's why Hornets ticket people worked the ticket windows and ticket holder services locations on game night, and not SMG personnel.

Basically, the OKC NBA team would only have people's word to go on as to whether they were ticket holders. I will definitely take in my ticket books with my name printed on them, but I doubt it will get me any type of preferential treatment in securing my old seats.
    Well, crap.

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

So how much are tickets to the games in Tulsa going to cost?
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

Mmm... ...ribs.

vCash

Tulsa did in fact get a pre-season game, which hasn't generated a lot of talk to date. I think that's good news, but would have loved to see Tulsa get another pre-season game or two. I think with the OKC NBA owners now owning the Tulsa D-league franchise, you'll see more of that next season. Nice opportunity for synergy there.
    Well, crap.

vCash

What's even better is Tulsans will get to see the Not Sonics in a State of the Art Facility instead of the dump that is Ford Center.

Oh yeah that's right...

Tulsa > OKC

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

How much for tickets not next to people who use corporate buzzwords like "synergy?"
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

Mmm... ...ribs.

vCash

I expect a more robust product from you when you post. Something with more comedy continuity, and which is spek-ready out of the box. I'd like to see you take a more proactive approach to your posting, so that you can enhance the overall user experience for consumers like myself. If you step up your posting style, it will be a win-win situation for all of us. Please check my calendar so that we can set up a follow-up meeting to discuss your need to further innovate and develop your domain expertise.
    Well, crap.

Mmm... ...ribs.

vCash

Your user base wants and expects more from you, Froze.
    Well, crap.

Mmm... ...ribs.

vCash

Please fill out a trouble ticket.
    Well, crap.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Boarder View Post
    I don't understand OR like that. What the crap? Not reward the ones who supported the NBA for two seasons? Is this indicative of the way they really feel about the fans?
    FWIW, I heard Bennett talking about this and the reason is that info is property of the hornets and they havent nor do they have to release the info to any other team. We had no control over that

Now that I read the rest of the thread I see that someone else already answered this, my fault!
    Last edited by Collier11; 8/14/2008 at 09:36 PM. Reason: dont pay attention
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

vCash

nm

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Paperclip View Post
    Thanks for reading the thread before replying.
    NM
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

vCash

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU4LIFE's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Boarder View Post
    Same as sitting through the seasons of the John Blake era and the saxeT game, no consideration given there either.

Dollar bills.
    I taste terrific.