Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Sooner Starter
    vCash

CHASE DANIELS......THE LEGEND.....REALLY?

Just read the 'Big XII Roundup' article in the San Antonio Express News where Chase Daniels talks about his 'legend'. Really? He also likes to refer to himself in the 'third person' and claims he is the best quarterback in the Bix XII with Colt McCoy being the second best in the Big XII. Really?

Is this guy just a bit full of himself, or does he have a right to be? Is he really that good? I don't remember any championships he's won ('cept Big XII North if you can count that).

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Re: CHASE DANIELS......THE LEGEND.....REALLY?

Link??
    Anger is a gift.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonerfanlv View Post
    Link??
    Here ya go.

Considering recent Mizzou football, he might be a little legendary to those that care about MU. I mean, think of our guys that a lot of people nationally don't give much credit to - Q, for example.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Angry Re: CHASE DANIELS......THE LEGEND.....REALLY?

MI'ZZ CHASE DANNY IS A OVERRATED BOOOGER EATING MORON. ANY QB WOULD LOOK GOOD PLAYING IN THE NORTH COME ON. THIS YEAR WILL PROVE WHO THE BEST QB IN THE BIG 12 IS. WELL NOT COLT NOT BOOGER EATER AND HE DON'T PLAY FOR KANSAS. THE KID IS FROM OKC COME ON ILL GIVE YOU ONE GUESS HIS NAME RIMES WITH BAM SADFORD!!!!! BOOOMER SOOOONER BABY

CHASE DANNY = MI'ZZ STORIED PROGRAM DATING ALL THE WAY BACK TO SEPTEMBER LOL
    Last edited by rondog79; 8/13/2008 at 11:08 AM.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Let him enjoy his 15 minutes. Last season was a high water mark for him and their program. This season is likely to be a let down and there is no way in hell he makes the NFL.
    So, for Chase, life =this season + maybe a coupla years in the CFL and, if he's lucky, he takes his savings, borrows a bit and can open a pizza joint in Rolla.

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

Stoops Re: CHASE DANIELS......THE LEGEND.....REALLY?

Quote Originally Posted by rondog79 View Post
    MI'ZZ CHASE DANNY IS A OVERRATED BOOOGER EATING MORON. ANY QB WOULD LOOK GOO PLAYING IN THE NORTH COME ON. THIS YEAR WILL PROVE WHO THE BEST QB IN THE BIG 12 IS. WELL NOT COLT NOT BOOGER EATER AND HE DON'T PLAY FOR KANSAS. THE KID IS FROM OKC COME ON ILL GIVE YOU ONE GUESS HIS NAME RIMES WITH BAM SADFORD!!!!! BOOOMER SOOOONER BABY

CHASE DANNY = MI'ZZ STORIED PROGRAM DATING ALL THE WAY BACK TO SEPTEMBER LOL

Amen Brother

vCash

I was having problems with the link earlier, so for those of you that missed it:

Quote Originally Posted by booger ego trip
    Chase Daniel's story is supposed to be a tale of the underdog.

The problem is, Daniel doesn't play the role very well.

This cool, strong, self-assured kid with the Howitzer arm and Hollywood smile? The guy who attracts admirers everywhere he goes, and unabashedly claims to be the best quarterback in the Big 12, and even refers to himself in the third person?

This is not exactly the stuff of David and his slingshot. And this is not how the Little Engine That Could is expected to sound.

“If you look at the legend of Chase Daniel when it comes back (in) three or four years,” the senior Missouri quarterback said, “it's not going to be based on my yards, it's not going to be based on my touchdowns or interceptions. It's going to be based on wins.”

It's not every day that a college player talks about his own “legend,” particularly when he still has a year left to play and he hasn't won a championship yet. But Daniel isn't an everyday kind of player.

He set all kinds of high-school passing records at Southlake Carroll, but he wasn't deemed an elite college prospect. Some thought he was simply a product of Carroll's wide-open system, and others deemed him too short (he's listed at 6 feet) to be an effective Division I passer. The recruiting gurus at Rivals.com left him off their list of the nation's best prospects, and in-state powers like Texas and Texas A&M only gave him cursory attention.

So he ended up accepting a scholarship to Missouri, a program that had been lingering in mediocrity for decades. At the time, most figured a couple of decent seasons and a minor bowl victory or two would be about as much as Daniel and Co. could realistically expect.

But there they were in December in the Alamodome, playing in the Big 12 championship game with national title hopes still intact. The Tigers lost to Oklahoma in that game, but Daniel wound up as a Heisman Trophy finalist, and he enters his senior season as the glamour player on what is being hailed as a Top 5 team.

“We're the hunted now,” Daniel said.

Like in his high school days, Daniel is part of an innovative offense that racks up yards and points by spreading the ball all over the field. And like in his high school days, defenses are learning that underrating Daniel — who set school single-season records for total offense (4,559 yards), passing yards (4,306) and touchdown passes (33) last year — can be costly.

“It's an offense that's very creative in terms of there's a lot of things you can do with it,” Tigers coach Gary Pinkel said. “But you still build it on personnel and still build it on Chase distributing the ball to other people.”

On Oct. 18, Daniel will get a chance to distribute the ball against Texas, but he insists he hasn't circled that date on his calendar.

Daniel said he holds no grudges against the Longhorns for choosing Colt McCoy over him and even said he considers McCoy to be the second-best quarterback in the conference.

“I wasn't their guy,” he said. “It was a business decision.”

As for his newfound bravado, which the Tigers say is spreading throughout their team?

“It's not a cockiness,” Daniel said. “It's a confidence.”

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 r5TPsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by fossil View Post
    Just read the 'Big XII Roundup' article in the San Antonio Express News where Chase Daniels talks about his 'legend'. Really? He also likes to refer to himself in the 'third person' and claims he is the best quarterback in the Bix XII with Colt McCoy being the second best in the Big XII. Really?

Is this guy just a bit full of himself, or does he have a right to be? Is he really that good? I don't remember any championships he's won ('cept Big XII North if you can count that).

I mean really, does this truly surprise anybody given his attitude, mannerisms, and actions last year in just two games against the Sooners.

The only thing going for Chase this year besides hooplah, is the fact that his bitchmaster (Curtis Lofton) left for the NFL early.
    "The true genius shudders at incompleteness and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should Be."
    -Edgar Allan Poe

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

“It's not a cockiness,” Daniel said. “It's a confidence.”
    He was so confident against OU he spent a lot of the time on the turf...
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 r5TPsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    He was so confident against OU he spent a lot of the time on the turf...
    Almost as much times as he spent eating his boogers on the sideline.
    "The true genius shudders at incompleteness and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should Be."
    -Edgar Allan Poe

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 AZSOONER's Avatar
    vCash

Wow, just wow.

Well, Soonerinabilene took a legendary crap last nite. Maybe the San Antonio newspaper would like to write an article about that. Soonerinabilene wouldnt mind. Its not a cockiness about Soonerinabilene's crap. Its a confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by OU4LIFE View Post

I'm almost positive i'm not gay, and I'm 100% not a poke fan.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Chase
    If you look at the legend of Chase Daniel when it comes back (in) three or four years, it's not going to be based on my yards, it's not going to be based on my touchdowns or interceptions. It's going to be based on wins.
    And loses.

As in, Chase Daniel loses the No. 1 ranking in the country.

Chase Daniel loses the Big 12 championship.

Chase Daniel loses both by losing both OU games.

Chase Daniel has a terrible case of the dropsies... the name dropsies. He must be trying to push the "Chase Daniel brand" or whatever so he doesn't finish anywhere but the top for Heisman and such.

Of course... to win the Heisman, you can't be a loser.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonerfanlv View Post
    Link??
    Sorry Soonerfanlv. I'm barely able to sign on and post on this board. I don't know how to include the link. Wish I was computer literate enough to be able to do that.

vCash

What a tool.
    (Chase, not fossil, although fossil could be a tool, I don't know yet. )

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUDoc View Post
    What a tool.
    Who? Me, or Chase Daniels?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUDoc View Post
    What a tool.
    (Chase, not fossil, although fossil could be a tool, I don't know yet. )
    A fossilized tool?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Big Red Ron's Avatar
    vCash

I happened by an EA show this weekend about the Elite 11 QB camp. It was basically about how Daniels was there to help coach. Anyway, he's the first guy I've ever heard talk about(without being asked BTW) how he finished really high in the Heisman race last year and that he was the favorite to win this year.

I mean, almost every Heisman front runner I've ever seen, A) Never brings it up without being asked, and B) talks about his team and how their focused on Championships, etc...

It was very odd indeed.
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,
    a thousand victories. - Sun Tzu (500 B.C.)

vCash

On ESPN College Football Live they just hyped up Daniels saying he will win the heisman and the national championship. Also said the best team they will play is Texas. What about the Big 12 Championship game??????

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Big Red Ron's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SOONERnTx View Post
    On ESPN College Football Live they just hyped up Daniels saying he will win the heisman and the national championship. Also said the best team they will play is Texas. What about the Big 12 Championship game??????
    If they don't beat Texass then they won't play in it, or they think they'll play texass again. lol, don't sweat it.
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,
    a thousand victories. - Sun Tzu (500 B.C.)