Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

Will Obama pick Hillary after all?

Obama hasn't been able to build a lead against a weak opponent that has only marginal support from his base. The summer political doldrums are upon us and the olympics are about to steal the media spotlight for the weeks leading up to the convention. HRC could seal Obamas quest to become potus and give the dems a shot at locking up the white house for 16 years. The vp choices that have been floated aren't that interesting. I predict BHO does some serious posturing and floats plenty of red herrings before he walks onto the stage of the convention and announces his VP selection. The crowd simtaneously reaches climax, BHO sells his soul to the devil and the republicans collectively **** their pants.

Thoughts?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SanJoaquinSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Will Obama pick Hillary after all?

I've read the idea of Senator Clinton on the ticket has passed, with no likely chance.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Let's put it this way. The Donks are likely going to die of a self-inflicted wound (again). They have a bizarre pattern of too often choosing a guy that simply can't be abided in fly-over country. Like Dana Garvey says, its almost as if they nominated an unknown named Charles Manson Hitler. And this cult of personality thing appears to be having some unintended consequences in terms of stirring up people's resentment.

You can't win the WH by carrying CA and the NE US. That was the thing about WJC, aside from the fact he was a stupendous politician, the guy resonated with Jim Bob and Mary Sue because he had something in common with them. IOW, he didn't have to concede the hillbilly vote.

If the DNC nominated a moderate, they probably could have walked away with this thing, just as they could have beaten W last time with someone who wasn't a senator from Massachusetts who looks like Herman Munster and who has a wierd wife from Upper Slobovia.

I'm now of the opinion, based on JSM's feckless campaigning, if HRC had won, and chosen BHO as her VP, they probably would have won too. As it stands, nadda. 'Twer it not so, BHO would have opened up a commanding lead by now.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

vCash

that's my point.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
    that's my point.
    Not with BHO at the top of the ticket.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tommieharris91's Avatar
    vCash

It would make my decision easy.
    "If your dream ain't bigger than you, there's a problem with your dream." -Deion Sanders

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Sorry, Hill-dawg, but you are not the next VP (and because Barack will have angered many religion/gun clinging enemies, will not be made the next president after the inevitable assassination attempt).

My guess is that he will recruit a governor from an important swing state like Virginia or Indiana. Both have been listed as possibilities. New York, where Chill Hill is now listed as a resident (we all know better), will be Democratic no matter what, so Clinary Hillham Rodinton will have nothing to offer, other than baggage.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Okla-homey View Post
    Not with BHO at the top of the ticket.
    Sorry , I was talking to sjs, didnt see your post.
    Last edited by JohnnyMack; 8/3/2008 at 05:30 PM.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Harry Beanbag's Avatar
    vCash

The true Clinton haters will say that Barack would be signing his own death warrant if he chooses Hillary.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 r5TPsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Obama hasn't been able to build a lead against a weak opponent that has only marginal support from his base. The summer political doldrums are upon us and the olympics are about to steal the media spotlight for the weeks leading up to the convention. HRC could seal Obamas quest to become potus and give the dems a shot at locking up the white house for 16 years. The vp choices that have been floated aren't that interesting. I predict BHO does some serious posturing and floats plenty of red herrings before he walks onto the stage of the convention and announces his VP selection. The crowd simtaneously reaches climax, BHO sells his soul to the devil and the republicans collectively **** their pants.

Thoughts?
    He's unable to build a lead because he doesn't stand for anything.
    "The true genius shudders at incompleteness and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should Be."
    -Edgar Allan Poe

vCash

How many Obama voters would defect to McCain?

How many McCain voters would defect to Obama?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by r5TPsooner View Post
    Wrong subject Einstein.

vCash

How many Obama voters would defect to McCain?

How many McCain voters would defect to Obama?
    There will Be a Few who Defect from BHO
    I dont see any JSM Supporters going the other way.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 r5TPsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Wrong subject Einstein.
    So you agree that Obama stands for nothing. You're actually smarter than I thought you were.
    "The true genius shudders at incompleteness and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should Be."
    -Edgar Allan Poe

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by r5TPsooner View Post
    With all due respect r5, that sounds like hollow political rhetoric. Obama's positions for the most part are there if you are listening. Now you can disagree with them, but he does stand for things.

As far as why Obama hasn't been able to pull away from a weak opponent like McCain is simple.............racism.
    Last edited by soonersn20xx; 8/3/2008 at 10:06 PM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonersn20xx View Post
    With all due respect r5, that sounds like hallow political rhetoric. Obama's positions for the most part are there if you are listening. Now you can disagree with them, but he does stand for things.

As far as why Obama hasn't been able to pull away from a weak opponent like McCain is simple.............racism.
    Racism Has Nothing to do with it
    Brack has blown a 9 point pole lead in 2 weeks or so
    I predict he will continue the slide.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerus's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Racism Has Nothing to do with it
    Brack has blown a 9 point pole lead in 2 weeks or so
    I predict he will continue the slide.
    I concur...

vCash

With all due respect r5, that sounds like hallow political rhetoric. Obama's positions for the most part are there if you are listening. Now you can disagree with them, but he does stand for things.

Would you then so enlighten us o' wise one?

The more I think about that the more it make me laugh: "he does stand for things." Things? He stands for "things" As opposed to what? Non-things?
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

You mean those polls? I don't pay any attention to them, I don't think they are accurate and might even be manipulated to push a psychological perception by their results.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerus's Avatar
    vCash

You mean those polls? I don't pay any attention to them, I don't think they are accurate and might even be manipulated to push a psychological perception by their results.
    BAWHAHAHAHAHA...