vCash

Re: Here's your choices for our NBA team name

How about Wyld Stallyns?

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

More on it here:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...e=lukas/080709

I like Thunderbirds for its Native ties. It is also a cool name.

Outlaws has too many potentials for trouble when the players become outlaws (as the link described)

Barons is meh and a certain baseball team MJ played on a few years back already has that name.

Oilers is associated with losing (thanks Houston)... and got dumped a decade ago for that very reason... that and the Tennessee thing.

Thunderbirds are go!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Partial Qualifier's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OU-HSV View Post
    The only name I halfway like on that list is Thunder
    same here.

Quote Originally Posted by kbsooner View Post
    How about the OKC Energy
    I liked that suggestion best of all the "Implied plural" names...

You KNOW what the national perception of "Thunderbirds" is....

this, if you're over 40:

or this, if you're under 40 :

Last edited by Partial Qualifier; 7/11/2008 at 11:34 AM.

vCash

Anything but Barons would be nice. For pete's sake they should try not to make OKC sound like a bunch of yuppie doucebags. That's all we ask. Sports teams should carry some kind of intimidating connotation not overly try to be "sophisticated (ghey)". Could they go ahead and name this stupid thing already so I can come to terms with its retarded name and move on.
    405>580>1-900>918

vCash

Energy is also stolen from the d-league ranks.
    405>580>1-900>918

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerKnight's Avatar
    vCash

I like Thunder!

vCash

The Okla-Homies

vCash

Ummm, is there a reason that the ONLY new listing in the US Trademark Office database filed by the new owners is for the Oklahoma City Supersonics?

Word Mark: OKLAHOMA CITY SUPERSONICS

Goods and Services: IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment and educational services in the nature of ongoing television and radio programs in the field of basketball and rendering live basketball games and basketball exhibitions; the production and distribution of radio and television shows featuring basketball games, basketball events and programs in the field of basketball; conducting and arranging basketball clinics and camps, coaches clinics and camps, dance team clinics and camps and basketball games; entertainment services in the nature of personal appearances by a costumed mascot or dance team at basketball games and exhibitions, clinics, camps, promotions, and other basketball-related events, special events and parties; fan club services; entertainment services, namely providing a website featuring multimedia material in the nature of television highlights, interactive television highlights, video recordings, video stream recordings, interactive video highlight selections, radio programs, radio highlights, and audio recordings in the field of basketball; providing news and information in the nature of statistics and trivia in the field of basketball; on-line non-downloadable games, namely, computer games, video games, interactive video games, action skill games, arcade games, adults' and children's party games, board games, puzzles, and trivia games; electronic publishing services, namely, publication of magazines, guides, newsletters, coloring books, and game schedules of others on-line through the Internet, all in the field of basketball; providing an online computer database in the field of basketball

Standard Characters Claimed:

Mark Drawing Code: (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK

Serial Number: 77516594

Filing Date: July 8, 2008

Current Filing Basis: 1B

Original Filing Basis: 1B

Owner: (APPLICANT) The Professional Basketball Club, LLC LTD LIAB CO OKLAHOMA 351 Elliot Ave., West Seattle WASHINGTON 98119

Attorney of Record: Anil V. George

Prior Registrations: 1084317;1831387;2799123;AND OTHERS (I checked and yes, these are the original Seattle SuperSonics marks)

Type of Mark: SERVICE MARK

Register: PRINCIPAL

Live/Dead Indicator: LIVE

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Thunder is lame. Thunderbirds is cool in theory, but it would sound horrible as the name of a sports franchise. Pretty much every name suggested is not that great at best, so we should just be called "Oklahoma City" and leave it at that.
    at this point in the process, I can only assume it was a typo and they meant to say "cram"...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Half a Hundred's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by silverwheels View Post
    Thunder is lame. Thunderbirds is cool in theory, but it would sound horrible as the name of a sports franchise. Pretty much every name suggested is not that great at best, so we should just be called "Oklahoma City" and leave it at that.
    Not to mention the dance squad would obviously have to be the "Pink Ladies"

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by mfosterftw View Post
    Ummm, is there a reason that the ONLY new listing in the US Trademark Office database filed by the new owners is for the Oklahoma City Supersonics?

Word Mark: OKLAHOMA CITY SUPERSONICS

Goods and Services: IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment and educational services in the nature of ongoing television and radio programs in the field of basketball and rendering live basketball games and basketball exhibitions; the production and distribution of radio and television shows featuring basketball games, basketball events and programs in the field of basketball; conducting and arranging basketball clinics and camps, coaches clinics and camps, dance team clinics and camps and basketball games; entertainment services in the nature of personal appearances by a costumed mascot or dance team at basketball games and exhibitions, clinics, camps, promotions, and other basketball-related events, special events and parties; fan club services; entertainment services, namely providing a website featuring multimedia material in the nature of television highlights, interactive television highlights, video recordings, video stream recordings, interactive video highlight selections, radio programs, radio highlights, and audio recordings in the field of basketball; providing news and information in the nature of statistics and trivia in the field of basketball; on-line non-downloadable games, namely, computer games, video games, interactive video games, action skill games, arcade games, adults' and children's party games, board games, puzzles, and trivia games; electronic publishing services, namely, publication of magazines, guides, newsletters, coloring books, and game schedules of others on-line through the Internet, all in the field of basketball; providing an online computer database in the field of basketball

Standard Characters Claimed:

Mark Drawing Code: (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK

Serial Number: 77516594

Filing Date: July 8, 2008

Current Filing Basis: 1B

Original Filing Basis: 1B

Owner: (APPLICANT) The Professional Basketball Club, LLC LTD LIAB CO OKLAHOMA 351 Elliot Ave., West Seattle WASHINGTON 98119

Attorney of Record: Anil V. George

Prior Registrations: 1084317;1831387;2799123;AND OTHERS (I checked and yes, these are the original Seattle SuperSonics marks)

Type of Mark: SERVICE MARK

Register: PRINCIPAL

Live/Dead Indicator: LIVE
    'Cause if they don't register the trademark then someone else can print up some shirts with the name.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bri View Post
    How about Wyld Stallyns?
    Excellent.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

NBA team name?

When do they announce the new name or have they?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ash's Avatar
    vCash

Re: NBA team name?

If you tell me where to get a Boomer Sooner ringtone, I'll tell you when they announce the name.

vCash

No they haven't. Hopefully it will be sometime this week.

vCash

Oklahoma Wrath!
    Like my old grand daddy used to say, "The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect."

2006 Oklahoma Sooners
    2007 Oklahoma Sooners
    2008 Oklahoma Sooners

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

The Oklahoma City Ebony All-Ninja Day Assassins

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

I actually heard a rumor that is was going to be the Thunder, we will find out this week for sure according to Dean the Dream
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

vCash

I was about to make a smartass comment but then decided to just answer him.

BTW, wrong forum.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

If it's not

The Land Thieves

or

The Dirt Burglars

There is no justice.

In Pacem Requiescat --- October 5, 2003 - October 18, 2010.