Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Soonermagik's Avatar
    vCash

Can anyone suggest a good driver?

I'm leaning towards callaway's big bertha 460.

Does anyone have any experience with taylor made drivers?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 LilSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Can anyone suggest a good driver?

I can't hit for **** with my big bertha driver. I hit a lot better with a smaller head.
    "Yea, and the shins of the wicked were smote."-Lil 22:18

and behold I looked in the sky, and saw a rider on a pale horse, the rider's name was death, and Lil Sooner followed after,....Revalations

vCash

vCash

I need one for Game days
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Lott's Bandana's Avatar
    vCash

Give the Cleveland Hi-Bore a look. It draws much better than Morgan Freeman....

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 r5TPsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Taylormade Burner.
    "The true genius shudders at incompleteness and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should Be."
    -Edgar Allan Poe

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jimminy Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

Ping G-10 hit pretty good for me. I haven't sprung for it yet, but I've hit it at the range and the store a few times. Oooh, me likey!

I hit a Burner, a Bertha, and a Cleveland at the range. None of them were as right of a fit for my particular swing as the Ping G-10. That,imo, is the best driver to come out in a long, long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by OU4LIFE View Post

I'm almost positive i'm not gay, and I'm 100% not a poke fan.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 r5TPsooner's Avatar
    vCash

I use a Taylormade r5 TP. I love the damn thing and the face is about .5 degrees open.
    "The true genius shudders at incompleteness and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should Be."
    -Edgar Allan Poe

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Soonermagik's Avatar
    vCash

Okay, it looks like I will be headed to golf galaxy to try some of the suggested clubs.

r5tpsooner, you must really love that thing since it is your screen name.

Thanks guys!!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 PrideTrombone's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by r5TPsooner View Post
    Taylormade Burner.
    Seconded.
    "Great advice, kid. Way to step up to the plate and knock it out of the park for Team Fail." - bri

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU-HSV's Avatar
    vCash

I've got a T-Rex driver. I bought it from an old coworker a few years ago..I could never hit w/my crappy small driver I had before. I can tear into them more often w/my T-Rex than I ever could before. And get some hella distance. I guess it all depends on how serious you are about golf..and how much jack you wanna throw down for it.

I think mine is the 442...but I couldn't tell ya for sure til I got off my lazy azz and opened my golf bag up to see what it is.

http://www.mggolf.com/clubs.asp?ru=r&v=&shopping=&f=c

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Tulsa_Fireman's Avatar
    vCash

So what's the verdict on squarehead drivers for those... uhhh... directionally challenged like myself?

I've heard they help a ton with squaring up the clubface at address and striking the ball well, but sacrifice some ability to shape a shot. The only shot shaping I'm doing is in the shape of a banana, so A) is what I'm hearing true, and B) will it help?

Speaking of squaring up the clubface, for some insane reason without an alignment aid from address I'm right of the target. In my stance, to me, it looks like I'm dead money. Write this one off to just sucking, or will that squared head straighten up my crooked eyeballs?
    People don't know what it is to be a champion.

Oklahoma INVENTED it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa_Fireman View Post
    So what's the verdict on squarehead drivers for those... uhhh... directionally challenged like myself?

I've heard they help a ton with squaring up the clubface at address and striking the ball well, but sacrifice some ability to shape a shot. The only shot shaping I'm doing is in the shape of a banana, so A) is what I'm hearing true, and B) will it help?

Speaking of squaring up the clubface, for some insane reason without an alignment aid from address I'm right of the target. In my stance, to me, it looks like I'm dead money. Write this one off to just sucking, or will that squared head straighten up my crooked eyeballs?
    That could just be how open you have your club. You can line up straight as an arrow, but if your club is either opened too much or closed in, you wont hit it where you are aiming.
    Quote Originally Posted by OU4LIFE View Post

I'm almost positive i'm not gay, and I'm 100% not a poke fan.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa_Fireman View Post
    Also, you have to remember your club head is quite a ways from your feet. Your feet being lined up to the hole means your club head is actually lined up quite a bit right. You need to get behind the ball, pick a line with an object close to your ball, and line up the club face with that line before setting your feet.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member RacerX's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bri View Post

vCash

vCash

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU4LIFE's Avatar
    vCash

Best Driver = endless debate.

They are all good. All driver heads, regardless of size or shape must conform to the legal COR set by the USGA. So...damned near all of them are pushing that number. Spend your time asking about the shaft, that's what really important. Getting the right launch numbers is paramount, and you can get that by trying different shafts in the same head. So pick a driver head that looks good to you, and then start tweaking different shafts on a launch monitor.

Square head drivers = straighter. NO QUESTION. However, if the face of that driver is open or closed at impact, it doesn't matter what shape of driver you are hitting. What the square heads do, is make a driver more forgiving. That means hits on the heel and toe both tend to go straighter. So basically you can miss it all over the clubface and still get decent results.

just remember that the shaft is the 'engine' of the club, crappy engine, crappy results.
    I taste terrific.

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

Its all in the hips
    Bazinga