Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

OU Blake Griffin going pro

after next season. On the front page of CBSsportsline for top prospects for next year's draft, rated as the #1 prospect. WOW.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegebas...story/10879792

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Re: Blake Griffin going pro

tee hee :weak smile:

That's crazy he stayed another year; I love OU but I'm not sure if I could pass up a certain multimillion dollar contract and the high life to stay in Norman.

Any poke fan or other degenerate who wants to rag on the Griffins clearly doesn't recognize someone with integrity and conviction. Putting off something like that to spend more time on the court with his brother? Whatever you can say about him Griffin is one principled dude.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tommieharris91's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by piusbovis View Post
    That's crazy he stayed another year; I love OU but I'm not sure if I could pass up a certain multimillion dollar contract and the high life to stay in Norman.

Any poke fan or other degenerate who wants to rag on the Griffins clearly doesn't recognize someone with integrity and conviction. Putting off something like that to spend more time on the court with his brother? Whatever you can say about him Griffin is one principled dude.
    Ohh come on. He's staying in Norman because we're paying him.
    "If your dream ain't bigger than you, there's a problem with your dream." -Deion Sanders

vCash

bros before doughs.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 BillyBall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tommieharris91 View Post
    Ohh come on. He's staying in Norman because we're paying him.
    80%, or 8 of 10, are being paid off. Its a given.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Big Red Ron's Avatar
    vCash

I hope our Sonics lose every game next season.
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,
    a thousand victories. - Sun Tzu (500 B.C.)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sooner59's Avatar
    vCash

They sure wont make the playoffs, thats a given. They obviously drafted thinking of the long term and not a quick fix. Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, Blake Griffin.....add in some foreign guys and maybe a trade for another solid inside guy and the Sonics would be fun to watch in a few years.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerus's Avatar
    vCash

It is not fair to criticize Blake for staying in college an extra year and playing bball with his brother. I respect him for that decision...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Big Red Ron's Avatar
    vCash

Thumbs up Re: Blake Griffin going pro

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerus View Post
    It is not fair to criticize Blake for staying in college an extra year and playing bball with his brother. I respect him for that decision...
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,
    a thousand victories. - Sun Tzu (500 B.C.)

vCash

He's coming for you

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerus View Post
    It also isn't fair when his decision to stay looks like it will make him go from a top 10 pick to the #1 pick. That looks like a smart decision to me. What are you looking for when you jump in the draft early? Fame and money. You are gonna get more money as the #1 pick and a lot more fame. An All-American season and a good NCAA Tournament run could make him famous as a college player and not just an NBA player. He also could end up being the rookie of the year.

vCash

So what happens if WW rips it up this year? Two OU 1st rounders?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by kbsooner View Post
    So what happens if WW rips it up this year? Two OU 1st rounders?
    There are very good reasons to hold out for higher draft status. Most leave early for the money, so let's just focus on that:

1- Leaving early does not mean money now. Miss State had a junior that jumped early to go undrafted.

2- Getting drafted does not guarantee money now. Second round picks, by the end, are more of a formality than team actually thinking you can play on their squad next season. D-League or worse, here you come!

3- Getting drafted high guarantees more money. Higher first round picks have the higher guaranteed contracts than mid and lower first rounders. All part of the sliding scale.

4- Incredibly high picks get the endorsements. NBA rookie deals are not where the real money's at. A $5 mil-per-season Nike/Adidas contract is pretty much guaranteed for the players that go 1-2, however. A flashy guard like WW might get that type of money so long as he goes in the top 5.

5- You only get drafted once (I know there are ways out of this, but for the most part, only once). Higher draft picks are more important to a team than lower draft picks and have a better chance of making a roster by default. No matter where you go, there is no do-over, your basketball card will always label you as the "undrafted," or the "second round, pick 60" you were that night you waited in the green room with misinformation.

Blake Griffin waiting a year makes him go from a guaranteed first rounder to a guaranteed lottery pick. Goooo, Blake!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Another ESPN article on our boy Blake. Sweetness...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nbadraft/...2=stateChanged

the_ouskull
    Skull=the most underrated poster in SoonerFans.com history. -- gdc, 09/05

skull makes people want to go sit in the corner and hang their heads in shame when he responds to their posts. -- birddog, 01/09

skull makes you feel like you are the dumbest motherf*cker on the planet... -- soonerinabilene, 08/09

My staff is getting tired of me making them read your posts. -- birddog, 10/09

As is pretty much always the case, I agree with Skull. -- A Sooner in Texas, 11/09

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 r5TPsooner's Avatar
    vCash

I just don't get it. He's a solid player but not a #1 pick in the draft.
    "The true genius shudders at incompleteness and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should Be."
    -Edgar Allan Poe

I said Biiiiiiiitch-- goingoneight's Avatar
    vCash

This thread just totally ruined Poke fan's day.

We playin on the moon bitch, don't call me
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Ron View Post
    I hope our Sonics lose every game next season.
    Eep, that's almost too great to pass up.

Westbrook, Green, Durant and Big Blake. Most athletic team in the league. Oh man, the Ford would be rocking during those home games.

vCash

Um, you guys do realize that the NBA has a draft lottery, so even if Seattle goes 0-82 next year they could still miss out on the #1 pick?

What am I talking about? This is Soonerfans.com. Of course you guys don't know that.
    "If you don't become an actor you'll never be a factor" - Lupe Fiasco

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tommieharris91's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bri View Post
    Um, you guys do realize that the NBA has a draft lottery, so even if Seattle goes 0-82 next year they could still miss out on the #1 pick?

What am I talking about? This is Soonerfans.com. Of course you guys don't know that.
    You're implying the draft lottery isn't rigged.
    "If your dream ain't bigger than you, there's a problem with your dream." -Deion Sanders