Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OklahomaRed's Avatar
    vCash

How many of you take a "statin"

I found this article very interesting?

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/medi...php?startid=22
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
    Theodore Roosevelt

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 r5TPsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: How many of you take a "statin"

Just a beta blocker for migraines. When I was finishing my CE a few weeks ago there was a study that showed that most if not all Americans would benefit from taking a statin.
    "The true genius shudders at incompleteness and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should Be."
    -Edgar Allan Poe

vCash

Article does a pretty good job of talking about relative risk factors and number needed to treat. They keep pushing the bottom number lower and lower, but this article sheds a pretty good light on things. You have to remember that the pharmaceutical industry in the U.S. is still a big pusher on the political spectrum, and the media and government are bought in hook, line, and sinker.

This article is attempting to distinguish between appropriate use, and simply using prophylactically, which it points towards discouraging the use of it in the "water supply".
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
    Theodore Roosevelt

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mjcpr's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OklahomaRed View Post
    This article is attempting to distinguish between appropriate use, and simply using prophylactically, which it points towards discouraging the use of it in the "water supply".
    I tried to use a Bayer aspirin prophylactically once and it didn't work worth a damn.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mjcpr View Post
    I tried to use a Bayer aspirin prophylactically once and it didn't work worth a damn.
    Heh. Try holding it between your knees?
    Theodore Roosevelt