why McCain? other than the fact that he's not a Democrat, and not Obama

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sooner_born_1960's Avatar
    vCash

Re: To the McCain supporters...

Because Bush can't run again.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

He's the "not Obama" candidate. He's not a complete leftist.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Because I believe what he says when he says something.

Because he is a veteran.

Because I agree with what he says most of the time.

Because there will never be a dull press conference or presidential address during his entire term and his teleprompter will never be necessary

Because I don't feel like I know enough about Obama's values to vote for him.

Because after W, I feel like experience is very important to run for president.

Because I don't agree with Obama's ideas of universal healthcare and liberal voting record during a brief time in the Senate.

Because even though I wouldn't vote for Bush again if I could, I don't think McCain is Bush.

Because I resent how Democrats are portraying McCain as a sequel to Bush, when they tried their best to avoid the same tag on Gore compared to Clinton.

Because deep down, I wish that we had different nominees to choose from, but will choose the candidate I disagree with less and the one I am more familiar with.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member XingTheRubicon's Avatar
    vCash

Because an inexperienced commie should be a back-up goalie.
    Last edited by XingTheRubicon; 6/18/2008 at 02:28 PM.

....and now please direct your attention to the field and J. Clayton Feaver will lead us in a moment of prayer...

"......please protect these young men from injury and for one and all to exhibit good sportsmanship.....IN JESUS NAME WE PRAY AMEN

-J Clayton Feaver

Enjoy

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    you know, for completeness sake

why McCain? other than the fact that he's not a Democrat, and not Obama
    I've been asking this same question since 2000.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tbl's Avatar
    vCash

For me, there is no "other than the fact". That's my reason. I've voted Libertarian in the last two elections and I believe this will be my first vote on the Republican ticket.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tbl View Post
    For me, there is no "other than the fact". That's my reason. I've voted Libertarian in the last two elections and I believe this will be my first vote on the Republican ticket.
    I'm doing the complete opposite of that. I have always voted Republican and will now vote Libertarian.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Because I believe what he says when he says something.
    What he says now or what he was saying in 2000? Because those are two completely different things in most cases.
    I'm not happy until you're not happy.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I'm no McCain fan, but I'll vote for him over Obama for one reason, and one reason only--the war on radical Islamofascism. McCain will continue to prosecute it, and I don't trust Obama to do it.

vCash

Who was it that said "I'de rather have a third-rate fireman than a first-rate arsonist"? Tough to argue with that, Sic-Em!
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Honestly,

1) Because he is a moderate who tips right. Like me, and most of the people I know and care about. I don't like extremists either L or R.

2) He has extensive military experience in which he had considerable responsiblilty. Command of a carrier air wing is a very big deal.

3) He kept faith with his comrades and this country under unspeakably horrible conditions in Hanoi.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jimminy Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

He's a pimp.

vCash

Obviously because Rambo's not running.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by mdklatt View Post
    What he says now or what he was saying in 2000? Because those are two completely different things in most cases.
    For the record, I can still change my vote, but if the election were today, that's how I would vote and why I would vote that way.

People's minds can change in eight years. In 2000, I was mostly a Badger fan, but today, I am mostly a Sooner fan... but pray everyday that the two teams never meet up.

I would attribute changing the message to changing opinions. I know it is a thin line, like the difference between "lying" and "not telling the truth," but there is still a difference.

01-20-09

End of an error!

vCash

For the record, I can still change my vote, but if the election were today, that's how I would vote and why I would vote that way.

People's minds can change in eight years. In 2000, I was mostly a Badger fan, but today, I am mostly a Sooner fan... but pray everyday that the two teams never meet up.

I would attribute changing the message to changing opinions. I know it is a thin line, like the difference between "lying" and "not telling the truth," but there is still a difference.
    What can I say to convince you to vote for Barr? Whatever it is can we assume that I already said it and you've already agreed to vote for him?

vCash

People's minds can change in eight years.
    I guess it's just a coincidence that all of McCain's new positions happen to align with the Republican base. I would have voted for McCain 2000 (minus the rageaholic factor), but not McCain 2008. It's possible that McCain 2008 is an election ploy and McCain 2000 is still the real McCain, but that's just another reason to not vote for him.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

If you don't like McCain's position on the issues, just wait a while and he'll flip flop for you.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    What can I say to convince you to vote for Barr?
    Vote Bob Barr - The Other Black Candidate

He's going to be on the ballot in Oklahoma? Vote for him, vote for McCain, vote for Obama, vote for Ralph Nader. Doesn't matter in this state.