Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Sooner Rookie
    vCash

Barack Hussein Obama II

In The Audacity of Hope, Obama writes that he "was not raised in a religious household." He describes his mother, raised by non-religious parents, as detached from religion, yet "in many ways the most spiritually awakened person that I have ever known." He describes his Kenyan father as "raised a Muslim," but a "confirmed atheist" by the time his parents met, and his Indonesian stepfather as "a man who saw religion as not particularly useful." In the book, Obama explains how, through working with black churches as a community organizer while in his twenties, he came to understand "the power of the African-American religious tradition to spur social change."

Kenyan father, Dunham married Lolo Soetoro, and the family moved to Soetoro's home country of Indonesia in 1967, where Obama attended local schools.

All this enables him to run for President??What about Arnold?

Only the dead have seen the end of war.
    Plato

vCash

Re: Barack Hussein Obama II

BO was born in Hawaii. Therefore, a natural born American.
    Just like W was born in Kennebunkport.
    Arnold, not so much.

Thanks for playing.

vCash

i still think that's a dumb law, it might have made sense at the time

Arnold is as American as i am at this point

vCash

What would make more sense? Having lived in the US, US terrirtories, or military bases for a certain amount of time? 10 years?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Chuck Bao's Avatar
    vCash

There was a really, really fluff piece in AsiaWeek (before respected as an Asian version of NewsWeek, now just a Sunday newspaper edition insert) with Obama on the cover.

Their whole point is that this will be the first time that both US president candidates will have their own personal perspective on Southeast Asia.

I think it could have been a great article but the writer flubbed it.

The story could have been that while Obama spent some of his formative childhood years in Indonesia is more trade protectionist and McCain who suffered through a Vietnamese POW prison is more free trade.

I support Obama, but I have to say that staying at the Hanoi Hilton must have been a pretty rough place. I've visited there a couple years ago and they even had a sign celebrating the fact that McCain spent time there.

So, the Vietnamese are probably supporting McCain. The Indonesians are supporting Obama. Everyone else is a bit mixed here, I think, but leaning more to McCain and free trade. On the other hand, there are those who like the brown-skin dude and America being blind to that sort of thing.

Okay, that is neither here nor there.

Besides that, I love Arnold. Conan the Barbarian is one of my all time favorite movies. All I can think about with all that stupid Marvel Comic movie crap, we need more Conan movies.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Emphasis on the Hussein, eh? Why not just be like Ann Coulter and say B. Hussein Obama for added emphasis?

This is silly. B-iraq O-blah blah is not going to get elected. Even if he is Muslim (and I am not saying he is), he would probably be like the ones I know and talk to that cherish the opportunity to show the good side to their religion and cringe everytime a terrorist attacks and pray to God (or Allah) that it wasn't one of them who did it. Even if he did have a foreign-citizen parent, citizenship is granted to everyone born in the U.S., regardless of who the parents are and where they're from. Even if this law is to be changed (and a certain state rep from Moore, Okla. wants this to happen), there is no chance in heck that it will be enforced for those already citizens of the U.S. Even if he is black, even if he is liberally liberal, even if he's the most gifted orator of our time and has donations following as freely as his charm, he's NOT GOING TO GET ELECTED.

... unless he chooses the correct running mate. Bob Dole would have probably beaten Bill Clinton if Colin Powell agreed to be his veep.

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    BO was born in Hawaii. Therefore, a natural born American.
    Just like W was born in Kennebunkport.
    Arnold, not so much.

Thanks for playing.
    Being born in Hawaii doesn't give you amercian citizenship.
    when your father is of Kenyan citizen,not where your born,but who born you.

i like to play as we all do...

CHICAGO)(February 8, 2007) Chicago-based Internet journalist, broadcaster and critic Andy Martin will hold a news conference Friday, February 9th at 11:00 A.M. to announce that U. S. Senator Barack Obama is a citizen of Kenya and became a citizen of Kenya under the Independence Constitution of Kenya in 1963. Obama has never renounced his Kenyan citizenship. He is also a U. S. Citizen.

“For our ‘Obama Week’ leading up to Barry O’s announcement on Saturday that he feels qualified to lead the free world, ContrarianCommentary.com unleashed a worldwide team of constitutional law experts to delve into Kenyan law and the question of Obama’s citizenship. They were also participating in our CIA-style psychological profile of Obama that will be released Saturday in Chicago. And what we discovered was amazing, a political blockbuster,” says Executive Editor Andy Martin.

“Under the Independence Constitution of Kenya, Obama became a Kenyan citizen on December 12, 1963. He has never renounced his Kenyan citizenship. On his senate web site, Obama tap dances around his own dual nationality when discussing his father. Obama obviously knows, because his father told him, that he also held/holds Kenyan nationality.

“Once again, we find Barry O concealing fascinating information about his identity. There is nothing unusual about dual nationality. Indeed, ancient Roman Law doctrines of jus sanguini and jus soli come into play, because both Kenya and the U. S. recognize dual nationality. Once again, the issue is not ‘legality.’ The issue is the cover-up; Obama’s concealment of his own identity. From us, and most of all from himself.

“I find it amusing that Channel 2 in Chicago is (Thursday night) running a series on ‘Do we know the real Barack Obama?’ when they don’t really know, because 2’s news is produced by the same old hacks that take spoon-feeding from Obama & Co.

“Friday we will blow Obama out of the water with disclosure of his lifelong deceit and concealment. Obama’s attempts to portray his father as an ignorant ‘goat herd,’ moreover, were part of his attempts at ‘identity theft’ against his own father, designed to create an imaginary picture of Barack Sr. It is inconceivable that Obama’s father was ignorant of Kenyan law, since he served as a government official and held a Ph.D. from Harvard. And it is inconceivable that Obama Sr. never told his son that he was a Kenyan national. Why has ‘junior’ hidden this information for decades?” Martin will demand Friday.

“The American people, when deciding who to support for president, have a right to know if their ‘president’ is also a citizen of Kenya and owes dual loyalty to Kenya because he has never renounced his Kenyan citizenship.

“Further, I defy Obama or any of his flacks to defeat or deny the historical constitutional facts on which our blockbuster disclosures are based. We have nailed Barry O with his own hidden truths once again.”

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Floyd View Post
    when your father is of Kenyan citizen,not where your born,but who born you.
    You actually couldn't be more wrong. Try reading the Constitution sometime instead of worshiping people who wipe their *** with it.

14th Amendment: All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside.

Hawai'i has been part of the United States since 1896 and a state since 1959.

Barack Obama was born in 1961, which was after both of these events. He is a United States citizen and has been so since birth.

Where do you come up with this bull****?
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Chuck Bao's Avatar
    vCash

Mike, given PF's newly discovered revelations, you might not be a US citizen either.

You don't have any dual citizenship that you don't know about, do you?

On that regard, I'm curious why dual citizenship would mean that one is null and void and, by definition, if that still means one has dual citizenship.

I'm going to have to think about that some more.

Brewmaster

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Bob Dole would have probably beaten Bill Clinton if Colin Powell agreed to be his veep.
    Bob Dole would have won if the candidate had been Elizabeth Dole and not Bob.
    ... that's not food.

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rich View Post
    You actually couldn't be more wrong. Try reading the Constitution sometime instead of worshiping people who wipe their *** with it.

14th Amendment: All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside.

Hawai'i has been part of the United States since 1896 and a state since 1959.

Barack Obama was born in 1961, which was after both of these events. He is a United States citizen and has been so since birth.

Where do you come up with this bull****?
    Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Emphasis on the Hussein, eh? Why not just be like Ann Coulter and say B. Hussein Obama for added emphasis?

This is silly. B-iraq O-blah blah is not going to get elected. Even if he is Muslim (and I am not saying he is), he would probably be like the ones I know and talk to that cherish the opportunity to show the good side to their religion and cringe everytime a terrorist attacks and pray to God (or Allah) that it wasn't one of them who did it. Even if he did have a foreign-citizen parent, citizenship is granted to everyone born in the U.S., regardless of who the parents are and where they're from. Even if this law is to be changed (and a certain state rep from Moore, Okla. wants this to happen), there is no chance in heck that it will be enforced for those already citizens of the U.S. Even if he is black, even if he is liberally liberal, even if he's the most gifted orator of our time and has donations following as freely as his charm, he's NOT GOING TO GET ELECTED.

... unless he chooses the correct running mate. Bob Dole would have probably beaten Bill Clinton if Colin Powell agreed to be his veep.

Emphasis on the Hussein, eh?
    Actually the emphasis on II.

Mr. Rich that is wonderful news to hear.
    When Barack Hussein Obama II loses his bid to become President of the
    United States,his political bid to make history can still come true.
    He can still run for President of Kenya with his duel citizenship.

That is history in the making,running for President of two countries.
    I don't think he can have that million dollar house in Kenya,probably be
    burned to the ground.Especially with all the violence over there.

I don't worship other people,I do worship the first of my ten commandments.
    I'm sure people realize what they are.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
    Plato

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I laughed.
    Boomer Sooner

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonerscuba View Post
    I laughed.

You been underwater to long,,time to come up and take a breath.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

And the dumb get dumber.

You've heard of the TV show Hawaii 5-0, right? Or maybe not because I think you're actually 12 years old. Or maybe a slow 15-year-old. Anyway, the "5-0" is for 50, because Hawaii was the 50th state. Of the United States.
    I'm not happy until you're not happy.

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by mdklatt View Post
    And the dumb get dumber.

You've heard of the TV show Hawaii 5-0, right? Or maybe not because I think you're actually 12 years old. Or maybe a slow 15-year-old. Anyway, the "5-0" is for 50, because Hawaii was the 50th state. Of the United States.
    if a german couple on vacation in hawaii,they have a baby,auto amercian
    citizenship?what b/s is that.The father has all the rights to the child as kenyan
    as in obamas case,,,or this duel crap you have here.

sounds like a dog chasing its own tail.
    BTW-how many presidents have this so called duel citizenship??

Duel citizenship this what you get,,,,

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

if a german couple on vacation in hawaii,they have a baby,auto amercian
    citizenship?
    Yes. Even though most Americans can't find Iraq on a map, I thought the past several years of demagoguery against illegal aliens meant that everybody knew that you get automatic citizenship if you're born here.
    I'm not happy until you're not happy.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

If you are born in the United States, you are an American citizen.

Its been that way since 1868 (XIV Amendment). It doesn't matter where your parents hail from, or even whether they are here legally or not...much to the chagrin of the the anti-messican lobby. They call our fellow American citizens "anchor babies."

Thus, if BHO was indeed born in Hawaii in 1963, he's as American as anybody else.

Now, not to go all tinfoil hat-ty or anything, but there is a rumor making its way around the blogosphere that BHO is unable to produce a birth certificate. Apparently ascribed to the fact only three years after statehood, Hawaii had not established a "vital statistics" bureacracy and thus some people fell through the cracks.

Personally, I poo-poo that because evidently the man has a US passport and you can't get those based on a note from your mother saying you were born here. But its out there nevertheless.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

vCash

How dare a natural born American claim he is entitled to all of the rights granted in the US Consitution.

PF, it's totally cool and understandable if you dislike Obama's politics. However, claiming he doesn't have rights because of where his father is from is perhaps the single most un-American thought I can think.
    Boomer Sooner

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Okla-homey View Post
    Now, not to go all tinfoil hat-ty or anything, but there is a rumor making its way around the blogosphere that BHO is unable to produce a birth certificate. Apparently ascribed to the fact only three years after statehood, Hawaii had not established a "vital statistics" bureacracy and thus some people fell through the cracks.
    You mean the one readily available on his website?

http://my.barackobama.com/page/invite/birthcert
    Boomer Sooner

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Well, to be fair to Homey, he DID say he didn't believe the rumor.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)