SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Yay! the wife unit finally prevailed...

over our PCP and talked him into an allergist referral! And yes, our inshorance does not permit self-referrals. Thus, until he melted, it was no allergist for Mrs. Homey...although, we prolly could have paid for it oursleves, but we're cheap.

I'm hoping she can take that round of shots and get off all these dad-gum antihistimines she pounds on a daily basis for about the last forever years.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

Brewmaster

vCash

Re: Yay! the wife unit finally prevailed...

When I took them the "round of shots" lasted three years. But I was much better afterward. Now I only need an antihistamine once a day, as opposed to twice a day plus inhaled steroids to control the asthma, plus nasal spray, etc.
    ... that's not food.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I did the shots as a kid. No idea how long it lasted, it felt like eternity. All I know is that after each round of shots they gave me a grape sucker.

And the taste of artificial grape still, to this day, tastes like the most hideous medicine on earth. Pretty sure I liked it fine before the shots.

Shame those jerks didn't give me french fries after each round of shots. Who knows how much healthier I might be now

Brewmaster

vCash

Yeah you usually start off a shot in each arm once a week. Then you go to one shot in one arm once a week, then they cut it to every other week, and by then after that you're done. At least that's what they did to me.
    ... that's not food.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member proud gonzo's Avatar
    vCash

That's how mine are going, too. If your allergies are REALLY bad, sometimes it's more shots than that. But chances are if your allergies were that bad, you'd have probably gotten the shots or died long before now.
    "I'm a mother****ing party all by myself."

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GottaHavePride View Post
    Yeah you usually start off a shot in each arm once a week. Then you go to one shot in one arm once a week, then they cut it to every other week, and by then after that you're done. At least that's what they did to me.
    we're hoping that it'll be down to one or two shots a month fairly quickly. She's not really bothered by anything but pollen and mold spores. as far as she knows anyway.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Okla-homey View Post
    over our PCP and talked him into an allergist referral!
    Well there's your problem right there. She's probably allergic to horse tranquilizers.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)