Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2008

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

Euro 2008

welp, i can't ever remember an italian side losing by three goals as long as i've been alive. have they ever?

vCash

Re: Euro 2008

No idea the last time they gave up 3 in a loss, but they looked like what they are: Old and slow. They had a couple of chances, but they pretty much got worked.

I'm still not sure about RVN's goal. They're justifying that the Italian that was out of bounds was ruled as being active, therefore there's two people between him and the goal. He didn't leave the field deliberately, so I don't think it should've counted. Oh well, such is life.

So far, some very boring games so far. Very disappointing, hope it picks up.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

in any competition that counted, no they have not. RVN was offsides, but I didn't find it difficult to cheer for the Netherlands, since that ***** Robben wasn't playing. Once he's in the lineup, I'll probably hope for Holland to lose every match they play from that point on.

France was a major disappointment, but Romania isn't chopped liver. It'll be interesting to see how Spain plays today, they have huge expectations.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 BillyBall's Avatar
    vCash

Im sure the Austrians love having more Romanians in their country, half of the gypsies wont leave after the tournament.

vCash

I love this commercial
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Scott D View Post
    RVN was offsides
    Did you see FIFA's response? What a load of crap that was.

It'll be interesting to see how Spain plays today, they have huge expectations.
    Pretty damn convincing. Gonna have to watch that one tonight.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

The rulebook says two different things regarding the RVN goal, so flip a coin. It didn't matter a whole lot anyway. The Netherlands were on form and Italy wasn't. The Dutch were young and fast; the Azzurri were old and slow. **** Italy.
    at this point in the process, I can only assume it was a typo and they meant to say "cram"...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Did you see FIFA's response? What a load of crap that was.

Pretty damn convincing. Gonna have to watch that one tonight.
    this is gonna get Grapevine to respond, but I'll say it anyway.

RVN's goal being allowed was akin to the player had control of puck, puck was in crease first, player was in crease after puck, goal allowed. FIFA just unspecified a specific rule.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Euro 2008 predictions? (posted after the start of the tourney, but conceived pre-tourney)

A
    Portugal
    Czech Rep.

B
    Germany
    Croatia

C
    Italy
    France

D
    Spain
    Sweden
    Last edited by Bone; 6/11/2008 at 02:59 PM.

vCash

so you expect Holland to lose to both France and Romania after giving Italy it's worst beatdown ever?

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

so you expect Holland to lose to both France and Romania after giving Italy it's worst beatdown ever?
    Those predictions were made before the start of the tourney so I have to stick to them. Anything is still possible, but it doesn't look good for Italy.

vCash

Oh, I think Italy will get through to the next round. It's France that I think is going to duplicate their 2006 World Cup performance and come up blank. Ribery isn't Zidane, and clearly they can't accomplish much without Zidane.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tommieharris91's Avatar
    vCash

I don't think Henry played vs Romania.
    "If your dream ain't bigger than you, there's a problem with your dream." -Deion Sanders

vCash

Oh, I think Italy will get through to the next round. It's France that I think is going to duplicate their 2006 World Cup performance and come up blank. Ribery isn't Zidane, and clearly they can't accomplish much without Zidane.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by tommieharris91 View Post
    I don't think Henry played vs Romania.
    You are correct.

How much of a disappointment was Greece? That's what they get for playing not to lose instead of playing to win.

Turkey/Switzerland was a pretty entertaining game. So's the Czech/Portugal game from what I've seen so far.

vCash

Since it's official that Scolari's going to be the Chelsea coach, he needs to STFU regarding Renaldo and his future at Man Utd. I'd be telling him to leave too if I knew I was going to have to face him 2-3-4-5 times a year.

vCash

And 24 minutes in Croatia up on Germany 1-0. Croatians have carried most of the play so far.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

****ers.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

2-0 Croatia over Germany 72 min in. Woot.

vCash

Germany looked flat as hell. After their showing against Austria, I figured Croatia to be done.

Wonder what the excuse will be if Germany doesn't make it out of pool play.

vCash

I'm thinking Bastian Schweinsteiger has already given them their built in excuse with his straight red card today.