Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Nice Moment At The Obama Rally in Bristol Today

My report:

So I took off at lunch and went over to Virginia HS to see BO.
    Linkage

It was energetic, felt like walking into a rock concert. He handled a few Q&As and yeah they were mostly softballs. But he did call on a couple of the crazier looking people and it was obvious to me that they weren't planted in the crowd. One guy was really twitchy and BO ended up calling on him for a question.

Touching moment when a 95 year old black man gave Obama a cool carved walking stick as a gift. I was proud of the crowd who seemed to be largely pro-veteran and mostly anti-Iraq war. You know, I really don't know anyone that's against hunting down Osama, and finally we are starting to realize that it's a separate deal from Iraq.

Some of Obama's new material was out and, frankly, it's pretty good. His pay-as-you-go idea is more along the lines of Bill Clinton and when talking about universal healthcare he said that some tough decisions would be made and that one plan really can't cover everything. He joked that if you get liposuction, you will be paying for it yourself.

His spiel about alternative energies went over well in coal country, partly because he included a bit about "clean coal" research. I'll prolly think of more later.

I remain hopeful that whether JM or BO is elected, we can heal some as a country from the 16 years of divisiveness where roughly 49% of the country really couldn't stand the president.

Yeah, I'd go see McCain if he came too and I really think that either candidate will be a huge improvement over GWB.

Optimistically,

-Rogue
    Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill
    You go Boy trying to follow your logic here Is like chasin a chicken .

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Chuck Bao's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Nice Moment At The Obama Rally in Bristol Today

I like that report, Rogue. That's a good read.

I agree that for the first time in a very long time, we have two good candidates that can lead the country out of the divisive era of politics and the morass of the Bush administration.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner_Havok's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Bao View Post
    I like that report, Rogue. That's a good read.

I agree that for the first time in a very long time, we have two good candidates that can lead the country out of the divisive era of politics and the morass of the Bush administration.
    Heh, exact opposite of what Rush Limbaugh was saying this morning. So, they both must be alright if Rush hates em both
    If I am right, then religious fundamentalists will not go to Heaven, because there is no Heaven. If THEY are right, then they will not go to Heaven, because they are hypocrites.

-Isaac Asimov

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Harry Beanbag's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    I remain hopeful that whether JM or BO is elected, we can heal some as a country from the 16 years of divisiveness where roughly 49% of the country really couldn't stand the president.

That would be nice, but unfortunately, I think there is a large percentage of the population, and Washington for that matter, that don't remember it ever being different.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner_Havok's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    That would be nice, but unfortunately, I think there is a large percentage of the population, and Washington for that matter, that don't remember it ever being different.
    I am one of the ones that doesn't remember it ever being different. I do hope that the next POTUS will bring this country together, be it McCain or Obama.
    If I am right, then religious fundamentalists will not go to Heaven, because there is no Heaven. If THEY are right, then they will not go to Heaven, because they are hypocrites.

-Isaac Asimov

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

Obama - #1 liberal voting record in the Senate
    McCain - McNasty

It ain't gettin' any better.....
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Big Red Ron's Avatar
    vCash

I'll bet anyone here $100 that obama does worse than Kerry. Just peem me. I've looked at some internal polls and Barrack loses the same states Kerry did, doesn't win any that Kerry lost and loses Colorado, Ohio and Wisconsin.

Beat. Down.
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,
    a thousand victories. - Sun Tzu (500 B.C.)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Ron View Post
    I'll bet anyone here $100 that obama does worse than Kerry. Just peem me. I've looked at some internal polls and Barrack loses the same states Kerry did, doesn't win any that Kerry lost and loses Colorado, Ohio and Wisconsin.

Beat. Down.
    I agree 100%
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SouthFortySooner's Avatar
    vCash

...you people would have got the wiggies had someone typed, " it was such a touching moment when the little white man gave John". We'll hear this sort of thing over and over and... but its OK. Why?
    " Ok children put your hands on your heart... and face Norman."

vCash

uh oh, not "you people" again

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner_Havok View Post
    Heh, exact opposite of what Rush Limbaugh was saying this morning. So, they both must be alright if Rush hates em both
    i'm not overly excited about either one, really, but the fact that the staunch Bush people hate both of them makes me happy

well that and that it's not Hilary

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I'm thinking about rooting for Obama (doesn't matter who I vote for--thanks Oklahoma electoral system) simply for the entertainment value it will provide around here if he wins. Call it schadenfraude.

It's like choosing between oSu (pubz) or UT (libz). I can't stand either one, but it's more fun to watch aggy squirm because I don't get to see whorn fans all year round.
    I'm not happy until you're not happy.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SouthFortySooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    uh oh, not "you people" again

...you know who you are. I don't think Rogue wanted us to read any more into it than innocence. Its just, he can be black when its "touching" but not when as a minority all the hills will be higher and why would I want to vote for someone with an extrordinary struggle ahead,... black.
    " Ok children put your hands on your heart... and face Norman."

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

That's really how bad it has become then, isn't it? I agree... either candidate is a vast improvement over Dubya.

And I don't think either even scratches the surface of being a true leader for our nation.

Our only real hope is that whoever wins will surprise all of us, and pick this nation up by its bootstraps and start kicking ***.

I sincerely doubt it will happen, though. Our nation has gone soft and gutless. French-like, I would say....

"How did you find me?"

"I'm the man."

Thrill as Bob Stoops turns the knobs and adjusts the dials of his latest killing machine...

-Dr. Saturday

vCash

Touching moment when a 95 year old black man gave Obama a cool carved walking stick as a gift.
    OK, here's more of the context. BO said he would call on people in a "boy/girl/boy/girl" rotation so he wasn't accused of showing favoritism. The man's daughter actually got called on and said that she was here with her 95 y.o. Daddy who has waited 67 years for this moment and he brought a gift that he wanted BO to have. It was sweet. The feller walked slowly up to the front and BO was gracious. Asked him what he ate to live so long and look so young, asked what kind of wood the stick was made from, and then carried it around with him for a bit. Then he called on another lady because the daughter was "frontin" for her Dad.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonerboy_odanorth View Post
    That's really how bad it has become then, isn't it? I agree... either candidate is a vast improvement over Dubya.

And I don't think either even scratches the surface of being a true leader for our nation.

Our only real hope is that whoever wins will surprise all of us, and pick this nation up by its bootstraps and start kicking ***.

I sincerely doubt it will happen, though. Our nation has gone soft and gutless. French-like, I would say....
    My money's on the old guy. He has vast leadership experience. You don't rise to command a multi-squadron carrier air wing because you can give nice speeches. You get that gig because people, both above and below you, trust your judgment.

BHO on the other hand, has never led anything of consequence. And he is awesome on the stump -- as long as the teleprompter is working.

Just wait til those guys go head-to-head without a script.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Okla-homey View Post
    Heh, if they go head to head without a script.

I'd love to see a real debate, but seeing that I can't recall the last time I've seen a presidential "debate" that's actually worthy of the label... well, I'm just not holding my breath.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Okla-homey View Post
    I think it's funny that supporters of both sides are saying the same thing, "Just wait until they debate!" Both side thinks the their candidate is going to trounce the others. It will be interesting, I know that.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Ron View Post

Beat. Down.
    wtf is an "internal poll"?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Taxman71's Avatar
    vCash

Anyone who would run for office is not worth voting for.