Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TCU in Norman

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

TCU in Norman

Why is this @ home instead of Ft. Worth. It was obviously not a home and home series. What am I missing? I'm glad its in Norman although that didn't help last time.

vCash

Re: TCU in Norman

Shhhhhhh!

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

Its no big thing..OU signed a 1 game deal with TCU then and now so they don't owe them anything like OU and ND signed in 99...
    Bazinga

Administrator

vCash

If I remember correctly, OU has never beaten TCU in Norman. Weird.
    We are here to pistol whip, shoe whip, imprison and torture. We are Phil, Beano, Norm, Dean, David Earl a.k.a. Deacon plus a bunch of ruthless mods. GADOCADWI

Quote Originally Posted by David Earl View Post
    That's probably gonna change. If OU doesn't make TCU look like Southwest Missouri State this year I'll be shocked.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Actually I think OU beat TCU in Norman in the 50's or something like that.

EDIT: After checking soonerstats.com... OU last beat them in Norman in 1954. Interesting stat in the series: the away team is 8-2 if you count the game in OKC as an OU home game.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

OU should never play the Horned Frogs. It rips my heart in two to have to root against the F-Dub's hometown team. ... but if they pull another '05 on us, I might snap.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Please. Lord, don't let Stoops underestimate TCU again...or Cincinnati, for that matter.

If one of these two beats us...it'll be bad days in the press for Stoops and his 2000 national title.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JLEW1818's Avatar
    vCash

Dalton is not a bad quarterback, but not as good as that Sam guy. Look for the Red head to throw 2 picks that game. 1 of those picks to a guy with the last name...... FRANKS.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Blitzkrieg's Avatar
    I have all the characteristics of a human being- flesh, blood,
    vCash

Cincy is a bit scary. Good defense, if I remember correctly. 3 losses by a combined 16 points.

Autoerotic asphyxiation is my anti-drug.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Yeah I think Cincy will be our biggest non-conference test. Even more so than UW at UW.
    Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    I may be wrong but it seems as if we may have gone for a fake PAT once since I've been at Baylor. Although I may have just been drunk and playing Xbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    Back off of Bob (Barry, Sr.). He's drank more beer, pissed more blood and banged more quiff than all of you numnut's put together.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by poke4christ View Post
    That's probably gonna change. If OU doesn't make TCU look like Southwest Missouri State this year I'll be shocked.
    Hey! That's Missouri State University to you sir!
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

vCash

Cincy just lost their QB. I'm not as worried as I am about TCU.

This is the first game of a new home and home I believe. The '05 game was part of a previous deal.

I look for my Frogs to put up a good fight. At least in the first half. We lost too many key players from last years team to have any reasonable shot at an upset. Our strength next year will be out O line and LB's. However due to the incompetence that is our O line coach we always start off the season slow in the running game.

Dalton is capable of being a solid QB but last year he was very inconsistent. Maybe another off season will help him in that respect.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by CincySooner View Post
    Actually I think OU beat TCU in Norman in the 50's or something like that.

EDIT: After checking soonerstats.com... OU last beat them in Norman in 1954. Interesting stat in the series: the away team is 8-2 if you count the game in OKC as an OU home game.
    The game is mentioned in the book the Undefeated. The game was in Norman, and was being officiated by TCU alumni (Southwest conference didn't have a rule about non-alumni working games, so they sent alumni of the schools to ooc games). OU goes up with very little time left and TCU took the ball all the way down the field. On the last play of the game, TCU threw a pass into the endzone and the official signaled touchdown. However, the TCU player handed the ball to the ref and told him that he trapped it. After the officials met, they turned down the touchdown. TCU was in the top 10 that year when they came to Norman too.

But other than that, I think we're 0-5 in Norman and we're 5-0 at Fort Worth.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU_Sooners75's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUstud View Post
    Yeah I think Cincy will be our biggest non-conference test. Even more so than UW at UW.
    Cincy will most likely be a tough game for us, but like other teams, they have to replace some starters.

Quote Originally Posted by bornnbredou View Post

and before you tear into me remember, BOOMER SOONER!

Skip Bayless, is that you?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member colleyvillesooner's Avatar
    Out back...in the hot tub, you know, hanging out
    vCash

We go to TCU in 2012.
    Sometimes I think I drink alot, then I see, like, the Motley Crüe behind the music, and realize I'm a huge *****.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Blitzkrieg's Avatar
    I have all the characteristics of a human being- flesh, blood,
    vCash

I always wonder had Paul Thompason hit Travis Wilson on wide open pass play on the first series against TCU how things might have gone. Oh well, Bomar happens.

Autoerotic asphyxiation is my anti-drug.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUTrumpet View Post
    The game is mentioned in the book the Undefeated. The game was in Norman, and was being officiated by TCU alumni (Southwest conference didn't have a rule about non-alumni working games, so they sent alumni of the schools to ooc games). OU goes up with very little time left and TCU took the ball all the way down the field. On the last play of the game, TCU threw a pass into the endzone and the official signaled touchdown. However, the TCU player handed the ball to the ref and told him that he trapped it. After the officials met, they turned down the touchdown. TCU was in the top 10 that year when they came to Norman too.

But other than that, I think we're 0-5 in Norman and we're 5-0 at Fort Worth.
    Great post. I was thinking the same thing. That game was pretty early in the streak. I'm glad that guy was honest.

Just checked the stats. The 1954 TCU game was 11 games into the streak.

vCash

that so wouldn't happen today