Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Actual letter to the Oklahoman

This one is a doozy. It showed up yesterday.

Only one God
    Regarding "Tulsa rocker breaks ‘American Idol' record” (news story, May 22): Just take me to Bricktown Ballpark and release the hungry lions on me. I refuse to prostrate myself before Carrie Underwood and, now, David Cook because they're being called "gods.” I won't pay homage to them and pray to them or worship and revere them. They are mere humans and not worthy of being worshiped. There's only one God and He abhors Idols and other false gods.

Richard Reames, Oklahoma City
    At first I thought "Surely this has to be satirical, there's no chance it isn't, is there?" And the unsettling conclusion was that it's probably legitimate. It's like reading the back pages from the 13th century around here sometimes.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member crawfish's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Actual letter to the Oklahoman

Now I'm embarassed for prostrating myself in front of Carrie Underwood.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner_Havok's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by PhilTLL View Post

At first I thought "Surely this has to be satirical, there's no chance it isn't, is there?" And the unsettling conclusion was that it's probably legitimate. It's like reading the back pages from the 13th century around here sometimes.
    If I am right, then religious fundamentalists will not go to Heaven, because there is no Heaven. If THEY are right, then they will not go to Heaven, because they are hypocrites.

-Isaac Asimov

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Tulsa_Fireman's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by crawfish View Post
    Now I'm embarassed for prostrating myself in front of Carrie Underwood.
    Is that what they're calling it now? "Prostrating"?
    People don't know what it is to be a champion.

Oklahoma INVENTED it.

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

I feel embarrassed for my prostate now
    Bazinga

vCash

My mama always said prostrating would make you go blind.

Oklahoma INVENTED it.

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

You sure that one wasn't written by the Oklahoman editorial staff?

Not as a fake, but as their actual opinion?
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

You see guys, this is what happens when you post drunk, then someone adds your real name and sends it to Letters to the Editor.

Now, NO MORE DRUNK POSTING.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

At first I thought "Surely this has to be satirical, there's no chance it isn't, is there?" And the unsettling conclusion was that it's probably legitimate.
    It seems like sarcasm to me. The real fundies have no idea what American Idol is other than something that will doom the entire country to an eternity of sulfur and brimstone. And they might be right.
    I'm not happy until you're not happy.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    You see guys, this is what happens when you post drunk, then someone adds your real name and sends it to Letters to the Editor.

Now, NO MORE DRUNK POSTING.

Yes Mamm
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

So it's okay for Carrie Underwood to give me that happy feeling in my pants?

Oklahoma INVENTED it.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

As long as you don't prostate.
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.

vCash

"Richard Reames"

Heh.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OKC-SLC's Avatar
    vCash

Just to be clear. After a year of mostly positive experience, in which I had decided to become an Elite Sponsor, I started the Hollis Board, I had a 46,000 spek rating based on real spek not betting over two season and 1500 posts, in the last four weeks I can see this board is a place I don't want to be or patronize. There are two other boards which I believe have at least equivalent football knowledge without the abusive environment. I am taking my business elsewhere.

Richard Reames
    President & CEO
    GrayBox Services Ltd. &
    eState Auction House Ltd.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 reevie's Avatar
    vCash

I can't believe the editors would actually print that. Unless of course that is the highlight of the letters they have for the day, then sheez.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner_Havok's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by reevie View Post
    I can't believe the editors would actually print that. Unless of course that is the highlight of the letters they have for the day, then sheez.
    Nah, can't be. My dad sent them a letter saying the only reason he subscribes to their ****ty little rag is so he can get the local news. That being the case he would appreciate it if they could send all the sections of the paper to the house, not just two copies of section A, B, & C
    If I am right, then religious fundamentalists will not go to Heaven, because there is no Heaven. If THEY are right, then they will not go to Heaven, because they are hypocrites.

-Isaac Asimov

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OKC-SLC View Post
    Just to be clear. After a year of mostly positive experience, in which I had decided to become an subscriber, but in the last four weeks I can see this newspaper is a medium I don't want to read or patronize. There are two other papers which I believe have at least equivalent football knowledge without the abusive Jenni Carlson. I am taking my business elsewhere.

Richard Reames
    President & CEO
    GrayBox Services Ltd. &
    eState Auction House Ltd.
    ... you know, that post could easily be turned into a letter to the Oklahoman as shown above

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 reevie's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner_Havok View Post
    Nah, can't be. My dad sent them a letter saying the only reason he subscribes to their ****ty little rag is so he can get the local news. That being the case he would appreciate it if they could send all the sections of the paper to the house, not just two copies of section A, B, & C
    I subscribe just to get the Sunday paper for the ads. But now they give the thing to me every day. If anyone wants a free paper, come pick it up from yard I cause I'm not reading them, just leave the Sunday paper for me please.

vCash

I subscribed to the Oklahoman for a year up there. I called to tell them I cancelled and got it free another 3 years.

It's actually not a bag rag as far as local rags go. Easier to be picky for stories and sources on the Internet. Not always convenient to take your laptop into the crapper, though.

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 12 View Post
    I subscribed to the Oklahoman for a year up there. I called to tell them I cancelled and got it free another 3 years.

It's actually not a bag rag as far as local rags go. Easier to be picky for stories and sources on the Internet. Not always convenient to take your laptop into the crapper, though.
    For a local rag? Sure, not that bad. For the primary newspaper of a major metropolitan area? Terrible.

Comparatively, the Anchorage Daily News, Seattle Post-Intelligencer, and Des Moines Register beat the Daily Oklahoman all to hell and back. I'm not expecting the Oklahoman to compete with the LA Times or the Herald-Trib or anything, but jeez.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)