Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Re: "SONICWATCH," official thread

Guys, can't we keep the bashing to Seattle? Here's some motivation:

OKC doesn't have a team yet, and if it won't this season, you will have Mr. Starbucks to blame, not Tulsa, not the BOK Center, etc.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Big Red Ron's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Guys, can't we keep the bashing to Seattle? Here's some motivation:

OKC doesn't have a team yet, and if it won't this season, you will have Mr. Starbucks to blame, not Tulsa, not the BOK Center, etc.
    Oh, I know. Tulsa is like a gnat on the big dog's... It's just bothers me to hear "trees and hills" folks whine about OKC and that somehow we wont support our team.

I think we have a great chance to have them for 2009.
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,
    a thousand victories. - Sun Tzu (500 B.C.)

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Crimsontothecore's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Ron View Post
    The Ford center is old and was purchased on the cheap. In case you forgot, we just passed an initiative to upgrade it...

I like how you used an artists rendering for your arena. Here's our's. Will your's be done before our $122 million upgrades?

http://newsok.com/article/3212197/1204732053

Well, artists rendering is necessary since it's not yet completed. Rest assured it will look the same when it opens at the end of the summer.

vCash

You obviously know nothing of the situation here, when the Hornets actively lobbied to stay in OKC. Shinn never wanted to go back. He knew it was the right thing because Stern told him he was going back. Why? Stern knew the ownership group owned a team in Seattle and it was likely coming here.

Tulsa building an arena is a joke. Tulsa is a dying city, OKC is growing faster than most. "OKC is the most recession proof city in America," per Forbes.

You are simply jealous, I don't blame you. Tulsa has thought of themselves as superior to OKC for a long time. It simply isn't true and that has been proved time and time again. Population (OKC), average income (OKC), crime rate (Tulsa), murder rate (Tulsa), etc...
    First of all, My original statement was that OKC begged to get the Hornets after the hurricane. That statement is absolutely true. You somehow got off on how Shinn didn't want to leave. Keep up or take notes.

Not only was Tulsa recently voted the 4th most livable city in America, but your facts are untrue.

These stats are from CNNMoney.com
    Average household income: Tulsa-$49,120
    OKC- $48,162

Personal/Property crime incidents (per 1,000 pop.)
    Tulsa- 185
    OKC- 237
    Also, Tulsa has more residents who attended college. Sales tax is lower in Tulsa. Commute time is less in Tulsa.

By the way, I don't live in Tulsa but having been to both cities countless times during my life, I much prefer Tulsa.
    Do yourself a favor and get your facts straight the next time you try to make a point.

P.S. Tulsa's arena is a joke? Why exactly? Do I sense jealousy?

vCash

Tulsa is in steep decline bud. Your numbers are dated and there are more murders per capita in Tulsa than anywhere in Oklahoma. Also, OKC has almost half a million more residents when you include both Tulsa and OKC's greater metro areas.

Also, in case you missed it OKC was named "America's most recession proof city" by Forbes.

Not to mention that Devon Energy Corp. is pursuing plans to build a new "iconic” downtown corporate headquarters — one that would be the tallest building in Oklahoma City.

http://newsok.com/article/3237534

Tulsa's arena will be nice, it's a joke that they built it. There's nothing to go in it but a third rate hockey team and an AF2 team.
    Last edited by Big Red Ron; 5/31/2008 at 08:31 PM.
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsontothecore View Post
    First of all, My original statement was that OKC begged to get the Hornets after the hurricane. That statement is absolutely true.
    It's not "absolutely true" We had a facility ready to go and political and business leaders able to make it happen. It wasn't like there was a lot of competition. Shreveport or OKC, hmmm...tough choice there.

You are obviously misinformed on many levels.
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,

vCash

Tulsa is in steep decline bud. Your numbers are dated and there are more murders per capita in Tulsa than anywhere in Oklahoma. Also, OKC has almost half a million more residents when you include both Tulsa and OKC's greater metro areas.

Also, in case you missed it OKC was named "America's most recession proof city" by Forbes.

Not to mention that Devon Energy Corp. is pursuing plans to build a new "iconic” downtown corporate headquarters — one that would be the tallest building in Oklahoma City.

http://newsok.com/article/3237534

Tulsa's arena will be nice, it's a joke that they built it. There's nothing to go in it but a third rate hockey team and an AF2 team.
    Gee, I wonder how OKC could rank as "America's most recession proof city" and yet still not make the cut as one of the most livable? Tulsa comes in at #4 in spite of all those murders. Doesn't make much sense does it? Care to explain that?

Congratulations on the upcoming "tallest building in OKC". Did you know Tulsa has the two tallest buildings in the state?

vCash

It's not "absolutely true" We had a facility ready to go and political and business leaders able to make it happen. It wasn't like there was a lot of competition. Shreveport or OKC, hmmm...tough choice there.

You are obviously misinformed on many levels.
    Ok, let me rephrase it. OKC's political and business leaders begged to get the Hornets.

vCash

Gee, I wonder how OKC could rank as "America's most recession proof city" and yet still not make the cut as one of the most livable? Tulsa comes in at #4 in spite of all those murders. Doesn't make much sense does it? Care to explain that?

Congratulations on the upcoming "tallest building in OKC". Did you know Tulsa has the two tallest buildings in the state?
    Well since the recession proof thing was by Forbes and this year and your livable thing was done by something I've never heard of and I have no idea when, I would say whatever.

I wouldn't necessarily brag about the tallest building in Oklahoma when it's an eye sore and quite old.

Tulsa is yesterday, OKC is now and the future.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by Big Red Ron; 5/31/2008 at 10:52 PM.
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,

vCash

http://www.forbes.com/2008/04/29/cit...ealestate.html

Nationally, home prices are falling, unemployment is on the rise and the economy is expected to grow slowly--or even contract--in the first half of the year.

But some cities are doing just fine.

Take Oklahoma City, Okla. With falling unemployment, one of the country's strongest housing markets, and solid growth in agriculture, energy and manufacturing, it looks best positioned among the nation's largest metropolitan areas to ride out the current crisis.
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,

vCash

Ok, let me rephrase it. OKC's political and business leaders begged to get the Hornets.
    No need to beg when you clearly were the best/only viable option.
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,

vCash

vCash

Well since the recession proof thing was by Forbes and this year and your livable thing was done by something I've never heard of and I have no idea when, I would say whatever.

I wouldn't necessarily brag about the tallest building in Oklahoma when it's an eye sore and quite old.

Enjoy.
    Well, if YOU'VE never heard of it then it couldn't possibly be legitimate.
    Eye sore and quite old? I'm assuming your talking about the BOK tower because the CitiPlex towers in south Tulsa are breathtaking.

vCash

No need to beg when you clearly were the best/only viable option.
    Simply the low bidder. a bargain basement price.

vCash

Yeah, I heard that they might just give up on Tulsa and bull doze it all down and plant some corn. It will be easy since they don't have paved roads anyway.

vCash

Well, if YOU'VE never heard of it then it couldn't possibly be legitimate.
    Eye sore and quite old? I'm assuming your talking about the BOK tower because the CitiPlex towers in south Tulsa are breathtaking.
    Who published it there cool guy? Got a link for your claim?
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,

vCash

Guys, quit yer whinin'. It's time for another update on SONICWATCH. Today's topics include the draft and a model for making the Sonics a better team in whatever market.

NewsOK: Copy the Spurs
    NewsOK: Pick diamond-in-the-rough
    Sorry, Aladdin's not in this year's draft
    HoopsWorld: Bayless still wants to play for the Sonics.
    News-Tribune: Prospects grab Sonics attention

Not much new on SONICWATCH front. We are moving ever-closer to the draft, so this is likely the main focus... that we hear about. More than likely, the owners are setting up for the lawsuit trial beginning and this probably means we're going to draft a lemon. Sorry.

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

a week with no Starbucks..I m holding up well..draggin a little bit but I can make it. Don't see what any of this has to do with what the team is called, where its at, or anything else....

Besides errbody knows OKC and Tulsa are just trying to keep up with McAlester...check out our drive in

Bazinga

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

And we have this

Bazinga

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stoops the eternal pimp View Post
    And we have this

heh
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,