Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Dear Anti-Child Immunizers and other tinfoil hat wearers...

For your kids' sake, and the sake of society, please read this Time article.

Also, please note, despite the fact there is no mercury preservative in childhood vaccines, nor has there been for several years, the rate of autism diagnoses has not declined in the United States.

In the seven years since the cleaned-up vaccines were introduced, new cases of autism continue to climb, reaching a rate of 1 in every 150 8-year-olds today. That trend suggests that other factors, including heightened awareness of the condition and possible genetic anomalies or environmental exposures, are behind the climbing rates. What's more, in the decade since Wakefield's watershed paper, 10 of its 13 authors have retracted their hypothesis, admitting that the study did not produce solid enough evidence to support a connection between the measles virus in the MMR vaccine and autism.
    and check this out,

Some parents have taken to cherry-picking vaccines, leaving out only the shots they believe their children don't need—such as those for chicken pox and hepatitis B—and keeping up with what they see as the life-or-death ones.

But that can be a high-stakes game, as Kelly Lacek, a Pennsylvania mother of three, learned. She stopped vaccinating her 2-month-old son Matthew when her chiropractor raised questions about mercury in the shots. Three years later, she came home to find the little boy feverish and gasping for breath. Emergency-room doctors couldn't find the cause—until one experienced physician finally asked the right question. "He took one look at Matthew and asked me if he was fully vaccinated," says Lacek. "I said no."

It turned out Matthew had been infected with Hib, a virus that causes meningitis, swelling of the airway and, in severe cases, swelling of the brain tissue. After relying on a breathing tube for several days, Matthew recovered without any neurological effects, and a grateful Lacek immediately got him and his siblings up to date on their immunizations. "I am angry that people are promoting not getting vaccinated and messing with people's lives like that," she now says.
    http://www.time.com/time/health/arti...808438,00.html
    Last edited by Okla-homey; 5/29/2008 at 06:51 AM.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Dio's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Dear Anti-Child Immunizers and other tinfoil hat wearers...

Time also says I should drive a Prius, support socialized medicine, and vote for Messiah Obama. Out.
    "ESPN and Texas are now one and the same." -Stewart Mandel

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 DrZaius's Avatar
    vCash

Parents are dumb......I would rather take my chances with the shots than my chance with death.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Harry Beanbag's Avatar
    vCash

Yeah, people aren't really thinking it through. We brought this up to our boy's pediatrician just to get his take on the subject, and I believe he would strangle Jenny McCarthy with his bare hands if given the opportunity.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member achiro's Avatar
    vCash

Wow, you just can't let this go. It could easily be argued that your "we're all gonna die without vaccines" fear mongering is a kool-aid drinking, tin foil hat wearing stance.
    The idea that parents that choose not to vaccinate are somehow "dumb" is ignorant at best. Do you seriously think that the parents don't research it before making such a huge decision??? The article mentions hib, one of the few studies actually done on it showed that of those that caught hib in a year, over half HAD BEEN VACCINATED!...

I'm pretty much done on this subject. We've hashed it out before, I've given you contacts to talk to and websites to research the "other side" which I assume you haven't pursued. It is much easier to continue your uneducated ignorant rants full of insults and bashes than it is to actually look into it objectively and seek out the information available to you. When you take the time to educate yourself on both sides of the subject I will be more than happy to talk to you about it but until then you might want to know that tin foil is on sale at your local grocery store.

BTW, I have NEVER told anyone not to vaccinate. When asked in my office, I give info both for and against and tell the person to research it, educate themselves and then make the decision. BTW, Time magazine isn't on my list of refered materials.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Tulsa_Fireman's Avatar
    vCash

But that can be a high-stakes game, as Kelly Lacek, a Pennsylvania mother of three, learned. She stopped vaccinating her 2-month-old son Matthew when her chiropractor raised questions about mercury in the shots.
    'Nuff said.

Stick to poppin' backs.
    People don't know what it is to be a champion.

Oklahoma INVENTED it.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member achiro's Avatar
    vCash

nevermind

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

This can't possibly end well. Mods?
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post

I'm pretty much done on this subject. We've hashed it out before, I've given you contacts to talk to and websites to research the "other side" which I assume you haven't pursued. It is much easier to continue your uneducated ignorant rants full of insults and bashes than it is to actually look into it objectively and seek out the information available to you. When you take the time to educate yourself on both sides of the subject I will be more than happy to talk to you about it but until then you might want to know that tin foil is on sale at your local grocery store.
    I, too, am done with this topic, but take issue with what you said above. I see it as uneducated and ignorant to NOT vaccinate. But, I respect your opinion, as I'm sure you didn't come by it without a lot of thought and research, just as I have done. We just aren't going to agree on this.

Administrator
    vCash

What I see is some EDUCATED ignorant rants from both sides.

And for the record, I don't believe in flu shots. EVAR.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner_Havok's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean View Post
    Flue shots = waste of money.

Childhood immunization = FTW

But I don't care, I gots my shots when I was wee, gots my collar tags to prove it

If'en they get sick, I should still be good, right Doc?
    If I am right, then religious fundamentalists will not go to Heaven, because there is no Heaven. If THEY are right, then they will not go to Heaven, because they are hypocrites.

-Isaac Asimov

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mjcpr's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by NormanPride View Post
    This can't possibly end well. Mods?
    Why was I not notified NP was hall monitor this week?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

For the record, as long as the health of innocent children and our society at large is in jeopardy by agenda-totin' anti-immunizers, I will nevar "let this go."

This anti-vaccination viewpoint must be consigned to history's ashheap of bogosity right next to the belief in witches, bleeding to rid the body of harmful "humours" and fear of flouridated water.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mjcpr View Post
    Why was I not notified NP was hall monitor this week?

Because we set up a sting to catch you when you go on your post-lunch "pee break".
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 frankensooner's Avatar
    vCash

Poor Pat. Don't bother him on his pee break, I understand he is "pee shy".

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner_Havok's Avatar
    vCash

If I am right, then religious fundamentalists will not go to Heaven, because there is no Heaven. If THEY are right, then they will not go to Heaven, because they are hypocrites.

-Isaac Asimov

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Taxman71's Avatar
    vCash

Just so you know, Tom Cruise doesn't believe in immunizations either.....do you want to be THAT company?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tbl's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean View Post
    Absolutely. My wife chooses to get them for her and our kids, and guess who never gets the flu?

vCash

why do chiropractors hate children?
    Whenever a boy comes you should always have something baking.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OKC-SLC's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    The article mentions hib, one of the few studies actually done on it showed that of those that caught hib in a year, over half HAD BEEN VACCINATED!...
    Like OUDoc, you and I simply aren't going to agree on this. But I'd love to see this 'reference'.

And your statement, "one of the few studies actually done on it..."? WTF are you talking about? A PubMed search on the term "hemophilus influenza" returns 16591 hits.