Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Lemme get this Democrat thing straight!

Obama wins only one primary since February. He also lost in Fla and Michigan, but those states don't count...yet. The only states he has won are those with a high number of black voters. Blacks make up what, 15% of the population? It stands to reason that Hillary would do better in the general election than Obama....Yet, the DEMOCRATS WANT TO HURRY UP AND NAME OBAMA AS THEIR CANDIDATE?!?!? Dems, splain this please.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Gandalf_The_Grey's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Lemme get this Democrat thing straight!

They really should limit you to 5 new threads a month

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf_The_Grey View Post
    They really should limit you to 5 new threads a month
    very enlightening!
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Since he can't count to four (the actual number of primaries Obama has won since February) why would you think he could count to five?
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

By the way, those four primaries?

March 4-Vermont-HUGE black population there, you know.
    March 8-Wyoming-another state noted for their large black population
    March 11-Mississippi
    May 6-North Carolina

Obama also won a caucus in Texas during this time period, which has a dual caucus and primary system. As a result of his win in the Texas caucus and good showing in the primary, Obama received more delegates from Texas than Clinton.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rich View Post
    Since he can't count to four (the actual number of primaries Obama has won since February) why would you think he could count to five?
    Apologies if I'm wrong on that number. What about the rest of the items? Look, I'm not saying a democrat won't win the presidency. I just can't understand why the democrat party and the pundits think Obama has a better chance than Hillary, with all the things that have been happening in recent weeks.

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

What other points? You claimed that Obama has only won one primary since February. That was false. You claimed that Obama has only won in states with high proportions of black voters. That's also false. Being that both assumptions you made to make your argument are provably false, there's really not much else to dismiss there.

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

Here's some other states that Obama has won, by the way:

Alaska
    Idaho
    Iowa
    Colorado
    Connecticut
    Delaware
    Kansas
    North Dakota
    Utah
    Nebraska
    Hawaii
    Wisconsin

Now, I don't know about you, but none of these states scream "large black population" to me.

You can debate how many of these states are likely to be in play come Election Day, of course, but I do know for a fact that Obama trails McCain by only a couple of points in Alaska-a state that hasn't gone Democratic since Johnson. Clinton, on the other hand, trails McCain by double digits.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rich View Post
    What other points? You claimed that Obama has only won one primary since February. That was false. You claimed that Obama has only won in states with high proportions of black voters. That's also false. Being that both assumptions you made to make your argument are provably false, there's really not much else to dismiss there.
    I guess you think Obama would do better than Hillary. Now you can answer my original question of why you think he would do better in the general election.(I didn't elaborate on the most important stuff, the Rev Wright and Obama's association with the domestic terrorists, the Weathermen) The media has poo-poohed those associations, but the cat's out of the bag, for the populace to ponder, thanks to Hillary.

Don't worry, Mike, one of your leftists will win the presidency, since McCain is so weak, and Barr is now in the race. I just think Hillary would be "better" than Obama on national defense. The other stuff, it's a push.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 def_lazer_fc's Avatar
    vCash

im not sure what RLIMC is trying to get out of this thread, especially since the thread starter was nothing but BS he didn't bother to actually fact check.
    i make my guitar weep, but my champagne cry

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

You didn't ask that question. You asked why, given two points which were proven false, Democrats wanted Obama to win the nomination. Since your two points were false, there was no question to answer.

However, since you've now asked a question that doesn't depend on falsehoods being true, I'll answer it.

I think he'd do better in the general election because I think there's a much larger proportion of the population that would vote for anyone but Hillary than are particularly upset by the Reverend Wright hullaballoo.

I think he'd do better in the general election because at last count, he was leading in the popular vote over Clinton.

I think he'd do better in the general election because he's won more pledged delegates (1599 to 1440) and more primaries and caucuses (32 vs. 16) than Clinton.

I think he'd do better in the general election because he's shown himself to be a better fundraiser than Clinton with a much lower average donation size.

You really think Barr is going to poll enough numbers anywhere to pull Electoral votes from McCain?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 def_lazer_fc's Avatar
    vCash

nice post, but you didn't address ANY of rush limbaugh's non-thought out talking points in that.
    i make my guitar weep, but my champagne cry

vCash

There's lots of time left for major changes, and I'm counting on Lady Hillary to tell us more about Obama.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Gandalf_The_Grey's Avatar
    vCash

Did you know that Obama is the #3 man in Al Qaeda and if he has his way all women will have to wear burquas(except Ann Coulter who has an Adam's Apple_

vCash

Did you know that Obama is the #3 man in Al Qaeda and if he has his way all women will have to wear burquas(except Ann Coulter who has an Adam's Apple_
    You forgot that After the lection . His Old lady will be required to wear a tow sack Over her head
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member VeeJay's Avatar
    vCash

Yeah, that Michelle Obama, as a wife of a Muslim or Muslim Lite, is destined as a wife of servitude, beatings, all that stuff we've heard about Muslims.

That hospital administrator's job she has? She'll be outta there, barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen. Hey, at least we'll save money as taxpayers when the Obama family takes over the White House.
    Posse resident guru on police brutality, Lady Gaga and lawnmower repair parts

my post count betrays me leavingthezoo's Avatar
    somewhere between normal and insane. NINSANE!
    vCash

Rush, sometimes your arguments are so baseless and off the mark it makes me wonder if you pee in your face a lot.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner_Havok's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! View Post
    (I didn't elaborate on the most important stuff, the Rev Wright and Obama's association with the domestic terrorists, the Weathermen) The media has poo-poohed those associations, but the cat's out of the bag, for the populace to ponder, thanks to Hillary.
    Reverend Rod Parsley

P.S. Obama wasn't on the ballot in
    If I am right, then religious fundamentalists will not go to Heaven, because there is no Heaven. If THEY are right, then they will not go to Heaven, because they are hypocrites.

-Isaac Asimov

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner_Havok's Avatar
    vCash

And you ever going to say who you want on the GOP ticket? George H.W. Bush? Ronald Reagan? George W. Bush? William Howard Taft?
    If I am right, then religious fundamentalists will not go to Heaven, because there is no Heaven. If THEY are right, then they will not go to Heaven, because they are hypocrites.

-Isaac Asimov

I heard he was part of the Kasey Studdard recruitment class at Texas.
    Quote Originally Posted by OU4LIFE View Post

I'm almost positive i'm not gay, and I'm 100% not a poke fan.