Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

"Rep nominee" McCain reiterates his backing of Comprehensive Immigration Reform

but states he encourages that current immigration laws be enforced, until such time as he can help enact the new laws. (from a speech he gave today, somewhere. I heard him say it on radio) Sorta gets you tingly, no?
    Last edited by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!; 5/5/2008 at 02:37 PM. Reason: punct
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Soonerfans.com Elitist sooneron's Avatar
    vCash

Re: "Rep nominee" McCain reiterates his backing of Comprehensive Immigration Reform

Please, hold your breath...
    Oh sweet jesus. Its like watching the special olympics in high definition on here now.
    Soonerinabilene

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

Re: "Rep nominee" McCain reiterates his backing of Comprehensive Immigration Reform

Y'know, I listened to Rush yesterday. He sounds like Jim Rome, but angry about politics instead of sports.
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member LosAngelesSooner's Avatar
    Rubbing elbows with all the beautiful people.
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! View Post
    but states he encourages that current immigration laws be enforced, until such time as he can help enact the new laws. (from a speech he gave today, somewhere. I heard him say it on radio) Sorta gets you tingly, no?
    Link?
    Reluctantly double secret Ninja-Maverick member of the Posse (in protest). That's right...Ice...Man...I AM dangerous.

"You have to be aware that there's a line where legitimate concerns begin to collapse into paranoid fantasy." - David Frum, Conservative author and speechwriter for President George W. Bush

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sooner_born_1960's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by LosAngelesSooner View Post
    Link?
    Jeez.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member LosAngelesSooner's Avatar
    Rubbing elbows with all the beautiful people.
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sooner_born_1960 View Post
    Ah. My bad. I just had my doubts because he was being so vague. But now that I've seen the hard proof...I have to concede.
    Reluctantly double secret Ninja-Maverick member of the Posse (in protest). That's right...Ice...Man...I AM dangerous.

"You have to be aware that there's a line where legitimate concerns begin to collapse into paranoid fantasy." - David Frum, Conservative author and speechwriter for President George W. Bush

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

Wuss.
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Who doubts McCain said it?(and right on cue, Cinco de Mayo, to please the illegal voting block)
    Last edited by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!; 5/6/2008 at 10:53 AM.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tommieharris91's Avatar
    vCash

Way off topic, but what gets me about this debate is that the people who are for relaxed immigration enforcement so that Mexicans can get better jobs are the same people who are against outsourcing, and vice versa. These are actually the same thing, when y'all think about it.

Carry on.
    "If your dream ain't bigger than you, there's a problem with your dream." -Deion Sanders

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner_Havok's Avatar
    vCash

I still say he ain't as funny any more
    If I am right, then religious fundamentalists will not go to Heaven, because there is no Heaven. If THEY are right, then they will not go to Heaven, because they are hypocrites.

-Isaac Asimov

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tommieharris91 View Post
    Way off topic, but what gets me about this debate is that the people who are for relaxed immigration enforcement so that Mexicans can get better jobs are the same people who are against outsourcing, and vice versa. These are actually the same thing, when y'all think about it.

Carry on.
    not when you look at the jobs each group is doing...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tommieharris91's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    not when you look at the jobs each group is doing...
    From the producer's side, it really is the same thing. Firms just want want their goods made as cheap as possible, so they'll go where they can get labor as cheap as possible. Besides, the sweat shop jobs, for as bad as they pay, usually are better than any other jobs available to those people.
    "If your dream ain't bigger than you, there's a problem with your dream." -Deion Sanders

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 sooner n houston's Avatar
    vCash

Please quit reminding me why I will be holding my nose when I vote for McCain!

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tommieharris91 View Post

Carry on.
    You should maybe think about it a little harder.

Giving a person in New Delhi a job does not have the same economic impact on the US that giving that same person a job in New York.

The guy in New Dehli doesn't pay US income tax.
    The guy in New Dehli doesn't buy his food from US grocery stores.
    The guy in New Dehli doesn't buy a house built by American contractors.
    The guy in New Dehli....

Well, you get the point.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Harry Beanbag's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rich View Post
    You should maybe think about it a little harder.

Giving a person in New Delhi a job does not have the same economic impact on the US that giving that same person a job in New York.

The guy in New Dehli doesn't pay US income tax.
    The guy in New Dehli doesn't buy his food from US grocery stores.
    The guy in New Dehli doesn't buy a house built by American contractors.
    The guy in New Dehli....

Well, you get the point.

There are other ways to impact the U.S. economy.

The guy in New Delhi doesn't murder American citizens.
    The guy in New Delhi doesn't account for half of all violent crime in some cities in the United States.
    The guy in New Delhi doesn't cost American taxpayers billions to pay for his incarceration.
    The guy in New Delhi doesn't pay human smugglers to get his *** across the border and bring illegal drugs into the United States.
    The guy in New Delhi doesn't cost American taxpayers billions to pay for his and his giant family's healthcare.
    The guy in new Delhi....

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

The guy in new Delhi smells like ***....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
    The guy in new Delhi smells like ***....

I've personally never been to India, but I would imagine it is similar to the guy in the Middle East. And saying he smells like *** is an enormous understatement. Good heavens.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Gandalf_The_Grey's Avatar
    vCash

Personally when India becomes the world power they ARE becoming, I would rather be in their good graces

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    There are other ways to impact the U.S. economy.

The guy in New Delhi doesn't murder American citizens.
    The guy in New Delhi doesn't account for half of all violent crime in some cities in the United States.
    The guy in New Delhi doesn't cost American taxpayers billions to pay for his incarceration.
    The guy in New Delhi doesn't pay human smugglers to get his *** across the border and bring illegal drugs into the United States.
    The guy in New Delhi doesn't cost American taxpayers billions to pay for his and his giant family's healthcare.
    The guy in new Delhi....
    Thank you for explaining what you think "exactly the same as outsourcing a job" means.

It's wrong, but it provides a different point of view, for sure.

Since what I was explaining why outsourcing a job and relaxing immigration enforcement aren't exactly the same thing, that could have been the only point to your post.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rich View Post
    Thank you for explaining what you think "exactly the same as outsourcing a job" means.

It's wrong, but it provides a different point of view, for sure.

Since what I was explaining why outsourcing a job and relaxing immigration enforcement aren't exactly the same thing, that could have been the only point to your post.

I thought this was an immigration reform thread. Tommieharris even said his comment was way off topic, I was just getting it back on track. Sorry to ruffle your feathers Mike.