Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

OUr boy governor has thrown in with BHO

Oklahoma governor endorses Obama

Associated Press - April 23, 2008 5:15 AM ET

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - Governor Brad Henry (superdelegate) is endorsing Illinois Senator Barack Obama for the Democratic presidential nomination.

In a statement released by the Obama press office in Chicago, Henry called Obama an inspirational leader who can unite the country. He says the senator will be able to move beyond the divisiveness and partisanship that has characterized Washington politics.

The endorsement gives Obama the official support of 3 of Oklahoma's 10 superdelegates, while Hillary Rodham Clinton has the backing of 1 superdelegate. The rest are uncommitted.

Henry -- a moderate Democrat in a Republican-trending state -- says his own efforts to build a consensus across party lines is why he's so enthusiastic about Obama's candidacy.

Democrats still have a majority of registered voters in Oklahoma, but the state has voted Republican in every presidential election since 1964.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Re: OUr boy governor has thrown in with BHO

Not likely he'd have thrown in with McCain

OleVet Posse Instigator

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerTerry's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Aah Pee
    Democrats still have a majority of registered voters in Oklahoma, but the state has voted Republican in every presidential election since 1964.
    Wow.
    I fly fake airplanes

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KaiserSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerTerry View Post
    Wow.
    That's not a wow. It's a no-brainer, if you look past the party labels.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Widescreen's Avatar
    vCash

Oklahoma is generally conservative. I personally know several people who are registered Democrats who simply did that so they could vote in the primaries.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Damn, I thought Henry was a moderate. Strange that he is endorsing a radical leftist like BHO.

I wonder if Henry is OK with endorsing a guy that runs around with terrorists, has a preacher who is a racist bigot, is endorsed by racist hate groups like the black panthers and has people working for his campaign such as a commited communist as the offical "blogger" of his website?

I think that this endorsement will end up destroying his political career in this state once the real BHO & friends are introduced to the public by the GOP. Henry was doing pretty well as a Gov, I actually liked him as well.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OklahomaTuba View Post
    Damn, I thought Henry was a moderate. Strange that he is endorsing a radical leftist like BHO.

I wonder if Henry is OK with endorsing a guy that runs around with terrorists, has a preacher who is a racist bigot, is endorsed by racist hate groups like the black panthers and has people working for his campaign such as a commited communist as the offical "blogger" of his website?

I think that this endorsement will end up destroying his political career in this state once the real BHO & friends are introduced to the public by the GOP. Henry was doing pretty well as a Gov, I actually liked him as well.
    I've missed you Tuba.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

I'm just kinda surpised he didn't go with HRC since the states' donks gave OUr primary to her. Thus, that would have been the safer horse to back.

I suspect it has something to do with his intention to back the person he believes will ultimately prevail. That, and his aspirations for higher political office...like the US Senate. Although he would run afoul of Darth Boren if he opposed Son of Boren for that Senate seat.

Curious.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Unfortunatly for him, endorsing the most left-wing candidate since McGovern could prove fatal politically in this state. He should have just shut the hell up.

If he had any intention of being in the Senate, that dream is now over.

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Okla-homey View Post
    I'm just kinda surpised he didn't go with HRC since the states' donks gave OUr primary to her. Thus, that would have been the safer horse to back.

I suspect it has something to do with his intention to back the person he believes will ultimately prevail. That, and his aspirations for higher political office...like the US Senate. Although he would run afoul of Darth Boren if he opposed Son of Boren for that Senate seat.

Curious.
    Boren has endorsed Obama as well. This is not intended to contradict what you just posted-but it looks like all the major Democratic players are starting to line up behind Obama.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Octavian's Avatar
    vCash

People of Oklahoma

Hillary Clinton - 228,480 (55%)

Barack Obama - 130,130 (31%)

Clinton won 76 of Oklahoma's 77 counties.

That vote was Feb. 4....before the Rev. Wright controversy and the comments about "bitter" rural folks who "cling" to guns and religion. HRC could probably win upwards to 70% of the popular vote in a Dem. primary if we voted again today.

Nevertheless....

Governor of Oklahoma

Barack Obama

That's our governor...a true man of the people...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OklahomaTuba View Post
    Unfortunatly for him, endorsing the most left-wing candidate since McGovern could prove fatal politically in this state. He should have just shut the hell up.

If he had any intention of being in the Senate, that dream is now over.
    I missed you. Also, wasn't John Kerry the most liberal person to ever run? Which of the Dems is most likely to hump France this go around?
    Boomer Sooner

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Whups, I wasn't clear. David Boren has endorsed Obama. I don't know if Dan has or not. Sorry for the unclear post, jaux.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

vCash

In related news, Dan Boren was on my flight back from Dallas a month or so ago. He got bumped to first. Some man of the people that guy is.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 LilSooner's Avatar
    vCash

I'm disappointed. Very disappointed.
    "Yea, and the shins of the wicked were smote."-Lil 22:18

and behold I looked in the sky, and saw a rider on a pale horse, the rider's name was death, and Lil Sooner followed after,....Revalations

vCash

Gov. Brad Henry, who said earlier he would not endorse a Democratic presidential candidate until this summer's national convention, announced this morning he is supporting Barack Obama.

so...he was untruthful.

Henry said in January he wasn't vying to be the running mate for any of the Democratic presidential contenders, but he said he would consider the possibility if asked.
    http://newsok.com/article/3233776/1208941411

Henry better be getting something out of it....because if Obama doesn't win the White House...Henry's political career is over.

He won't be able to win a dog-catcher's election in Oklahoma after this.

vCash

Should Henry have thrown in with Gomez and Morticia McCain or should he have gone with the Billary Political Machine?

vCash

Holy Crap. A Democratic governor has endorsed a Democratic front runner. Stop the presses. Next Inhofe will be endorsing McCain, cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria.
    Boomer Sooner

vCash

He should have probably gone with whichever Democrat didn't insult small town people and rural Americans because they just don't know any better and aren't Manhattan millionaires.

...which, coincidentally, would be the same Democrat that was resoundingly rejected in favor of another Democrat in his --largely rural, small town-- state of Oklahoma.

Or, better yet, maybe he should have kept his word and waited until convention time. Just my .02...but it seems like an inept political decision.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Octavian View Post
    He should have probably gone with whichever Democrat didn't insult small town people and rural Americans because they just don't know any better and aren't Manhattan millionaires.

...which, coincidentally, would be the same Democrat that was resoundingly rejected in favor of another Democrat in his --largely rural, small town-- state of Oklahoma.

Or, better yet, maybe he should have kept his word and waited until convention time. Just my .02...but it seems like an inept political decision.
    Are you familiar with Hillary's chances to win the nomination? It might be the biggest political coup in the last 100 years (that includes Dewey-Truman)... it's not exactly political suicide to endorse a candidate that barring the destruction of the Democratic Party will win the nomination.
    Boomer Sooner