Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash

Re: NBA Board votes 28-2

BRJ's spot on.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ash's Avatar
    vCash

I'd rather have the Hornets.

This Sonics team is going to suck for a long time.

Mmm... ...ribs.

vCash

I agree. And I'm pretty convinced that was the original plan. OKC Hornets, with these owners. All the city of Seattle had to do was play their role, and not be such arrogant dillweeds, and they'd still have a team. Of course, the Bees weren't supposed to be rallying NOLA support with such a strong regular season.

Anyway, it's in the past, and I for one welcome our new bedraggled, loveable losers.
    Well, crap.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

we've got 13 draft picks over the next 3 years. if we can make some good decisions, this team can be competitive sooner than might be expected.

vCash

It would have to be a combination of draft picks and trading for some veteran players. It would have to be just the right mix. And PJ has to not **** everybody off so bad they want to choke him.

vCash

sure, i don't expect them to use all 13 picks for the draft, but it sure gives them alot of leverage when looking to add some talent.

if you look at the squad, they need ALOT of help...

http://www.nba.com/sonics/roster/

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by birddogbbq View Post
    sure, i don't expect them to use all 13 picks for the draft, but it sure gives them alot of leverage when looking to add some talent.

I agree. And I'm not saying it's impossible. But it's not common that a team as bad as the Sonics turns it around in two or even a few seasons.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GrapevineSooner's Avatar
    vCash

The soon-to-be-former-Sonics' future seems to be brighter than the Mavs right now.

P.S. Fire Donnie Nelson.
    Just imagine there's a really obnoxious graphical sig here

vCash

The Mavs needed some defensive muscle in the post, not an aged point guard.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tommieharris91's Avatar
    vCash

I say just hope the ping pong balls fall the Sonics way and they get a top 3 pick for this draft. There's plenty of talent in this draft. And hope and pray no OJ Mayo.
    "If your dream ain't bigger than you, there's a problem with your dream." -Deion Sanders

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by birddogbbq View Post

Maybe Xavier McDaniel has a little bball left in him...and shawn kemp may have lost that 10 to 100 lbs he needed to lose
    Bazinga

vCash

detlef schrempf hates you.

vCash

bring back the glove!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

I think the Sonics are positioning themselves well, they shed most of the big salary players that puts you in salary cap hell that is so hard to get out of.....like what Isiah did with the Knicks. The Sonics will rebound much, much quicker than the Knicks who probably won't be able to clear the cap before 2011. If they get a key team catalyst like Chris paul was with the Hornets their return could be much quicker than anyone expects.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Thoughts on Mark Cuban: Spoiled brat who had good ideas for the Mavs to start with, but now has become more of a hindrance and nuisance than a help. He's taken them as far as he can, but he will be another rich guy with a team desperate for a championship he can't buy (or complain) his way to. If Oklahoma has a brighter future than the Mavs, there goes some of his fanbase

Thoughts on Paul Allen: He once wanted to buy the Sonics, since he loved basketball. There is a fun article on him online somewhere that SI did. Check it out for his history of ownership with the Seahawks and almost Sonics. He is very dedicated to the Seattle area (bought the Seahawks out of civic duty) and I respect him for standing up for Seattle. It will be more profitable for him to expand the Trailblazers fanbase up to Washington, so it would have made sense for him to vote along with the other owners.

Thoughts on OKC vs. OK: So, the name's gonna be the Oklahoma City Somethings, not the Oklahoma Somethings. Perfect happy medium... the Oklahoma Citys.

Before the English language cops point out the obvious, might I remind you of the Toronto Maple Leafs? M'kay then

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I don't really know if they're going to be terrible for too long. They already have Kevin Durant and Jeff Green. If they add somebody like Derrick Rose this team could be pretty good in a year or two. They even look like they have some cap space to add a decent player.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Big Red Ron's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedJed View Post
    I disagree.
    And so do the vast majority of OKC residents. Thanks to us, we have an NBA team. No waste here.

I'm still of the beliefe that if Tolbert would have won that election, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,
    a thousand victories. - Sun Tzu (500 B.C.)

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 r5TPsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Civicus_Sooner View Post
    Yeah, sure. Thanks for playing though.

I'm just so goddamn happy we didn't end up with some Bull**** NHL team a few years ago.

I would have much rather had an NHL than a NBA team. And if you think that tax payers aren't floating the bill to bring them here, then you are way delusional! They'll be wanting out of OKC within ten years when the attendance rate falls below the average number of fans that attend an OU basketball game.
    "The true genius shudders at incompleteness and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should Be."
    -Edgar Allan Poe

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 r5TPsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedJed View Post
    I disagree.

I'm shocked that you would disagree with me since the only thing we agree on is disagreeing.
    "The true genius shudders at incompleteness and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should Be."
    -Edgar Allan Poe

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Big Red Ron's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by r5TPsooner View Post
    I would have much rather had an NHL than a NBA team. And if you think that tax payers aren't floating the bill to bring them here, then you are way delusional! They'll be wanting out of OKC within ten years when the attendance rate falls below the average number of fans that attend an OU basketball game.
    Nobody watches the NHL. Their rating are right up there with golf and tennis. Hate to disagree here but if we would have landed the expansion team that went to Memphis and then the NHL goes into it's year off, like it did, we'd be done.

Let's be honest here, the NHL is hardly even "Major League." Most people here don't know the difference between CHL and NHL.
    The NBA only trails the NFL as far as popularity in the USA. We're better off.

Sure the taxpayers are footing the bill to get them here, THAT'S why they left SEATTLE. EVERY major league team plays in a stadium/arena paid for by taxpayers. It's the nature of the beast.
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,
    a thousand victories. - Sun Tzu (500 B.C.)