Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member The Maestro's Avatar
    vCash

Will Self go to OSU?

It certainly seems stupid, but T. Boone's coin is no laughing matter. Tripling your salary to go back to your alma mater with a six million dollar signing bonus is nothing to not consider. I just wonder if Kansas loses tonight if Bonnie Bernstein is gonna go ask the Kansas coach about the OSU job and watch him bust out with "$hit!" on CBS. Kidding...I know Self would never do that.

But I am starting to think that the offer is too good to pass up. We'd all do it to triple our salaries and you can win at OSU. Self wins everywhere.
    “It never changes. Football is a game of repetition, mental and physical. You may try to articulate it a little different, but it's the same thing: Get better players, make fewer mistakes, and drill the fundamentals into your players' heads. The rest of it is a joke. Teams aren't winning because of what they had for breakfast or what some coach said in the locker room.” - Barry Switzer

vCash

Re: Will Self go to OSU?

is that officially on the table?

i mean i could see him going for a dumptruck full of money if he's got ties there anyway

no

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 skycat's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    is that officially on the table?

i mean i could see him going for a dumptruck full of money if he's got ties there anyway
    There have been absolutely ridiculous numbers reported on ESPN and elsewhere, although nothing official is going to be stated until after the tourney.

I would expect an enormous offer with a large amount of upfront cash to be coming though.

Self to OSU is a very real possibility at this point.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member The Maestro's Avatar
    vCash

Could be a rumor, but if THESE numbers are real...well???

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/ncaa
    “It never changes. Football is a game of repetition, mental and physical. You may try to articulate it a little different, but it's the same thing: Get better players, make fewer mistakes, and drill the fundamentals into your players' heads. The rest of it is a joke. Teams aren't winning because of what they had for breakfast or what some coach said in the locker room.” - Barry Switzer

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerMom2's Avatar
    vCash

Self is good friends with the Athletic Director at Kansas and would say there would not be enough money on the table to make him leave an established program to go to OSU and be under the thumb of Holder and Pickens. How many times does he have to tell them to look elsewhere? He said there is a gentlemen's agreement to sit down after the season and work out a new contract. Unlike the folks at OSU, some people like Bill Self would have too much class to cut and run from a top program to a much lesser program. That would be dumb because money does not buy prestige of a top four program.

Oh wait, this is the Championship of the NCAA so we must write about how a coach in going elsewhere. Remember how the media had Stoops going to Ohio State while we were in the Orange Bowl.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 shaun4411's Avatar
    vCash

ive been on their boards. it went from 2mil if kansas had lost to davidson to 4 mil. and now the rumor is 6mil.

the funny thing is that we'll probably see him have a press conference a few days after he's done fellating the national championship trophy seeing him respectfully decline a 3M/year offer.
    I'm tired of chasing my dreams. I'm just gonna ask where they're going and catch up with them later.

vCash

Let's see....... leave a top 5 basketball powerhouse, Home of BB creation, protection of the Phog, home to coaches like Larry Brown and Roy Williams, players like Chamberlin .........or the cesspool stench of East Barnyard U and the legacy of drunk Eddie and poor whipped Sean and players like Doug "got mine" Gottlieb or Jamesonahigh Curry or some nameless child molester. Which one would I choose???? Answer - ain't enough money Booney.
    If by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people - their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties - someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad; if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal." - John F. Kennedy

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Zbird View Post
    Let's see....... leave a top 5 basketball powerhouse, Home of BB creation, protection of the Phog, home to coaches like Larry Brown and Roy Williams, players like Chamberlin .........or the cesspool stench of East Barnyard U and the legacy of drunk Eddie and poor whipped Sean and players like Doug "got mine" Gottlieb or Jamesonahigh Curry or some nameless child molester. Which one would I choose???? Answer - ain't enough money Booney.

I knew Dougie G. in college and Curry had nothing on him in the "high" department.

I spoke with the founder of High School Sports the Magazine on Saturday and he seems to have some insight that it might already be a done deal and Self is going to Deadwater.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KaiserSooner's Avatar
    vCash

no

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tommieharris91's Avatar
    vCash

I'm surprised to think that people think there is no talent there right now, because there is. Any decent coach can walk into that program right now and get that team to the NCAAs next season.

I think they'll get a good coach. I don't know who, but I don't see Bill Self going there.
    "If your dream ain't bigger than you, there's a problem with your dream." -Deion Sanders

vCash

yeah, not now, especially

vCash

******* that I am . I wanted to Hear him say
    STFU Boone
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tommieharris91's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by op.com
    You know what we could do is pay Self in Canadian money and it wouldn't cost so much.
    It's funny because as weak as the dollar is, it would cost them a little more!
    "If your dream ain't bigger than you, there's a problem with your dream." -Deion Sanders

SoonerFans.com Elite Member RacerX's Avatar
    vCash

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 sooner518's Avatar
    vCash

my friend swears he has a friend at the OSU athletic department who says Self's wife closed on a house in Stoolwater on Saturday. Hearing him tell me that was like parody coming to life.
    Quote Originally Posted by bri
    NOW, WITNESS THE ORANGE POWER OF THIS FULLY OPERATIONAL HALF-EMPTY STADIUM!!!!!

How about Self going to the NBA? Maybe taking Carlisimo's place?

vCash

Today on PTI they were talking about this and Wilbon went on to say "Wait isn't OSU a football school?" I just about fell out of my chair laughing, seems to me everyone has forgotten about those 1940's NIT Championships.
    He's coming for you

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OKC-SLC's Avatar
    vCash

I just simply cannot imagine leaving KU for osu.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Rock Hard Corn Frog's Avatar
    vCash

I'm not denying that Self is a real good coach but I do get a kick out of the Aggy logic that Self winning a NC at Kansas with the talent that KU gets will equal titles coming to OSU.

Hey, remember has a title at Texas. Does that mean if he got a fat contract to go coach TT or TCU that he would be winning titles there too? Not knocking the coaching of Self but KU did have some serious talent.

I don't think Self goes because KU doesn't have to match OSU's offer. They just have to be in the same ballpark then it makes no sense for him to leave.
    "My landmass erupts with kittens."