Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

oSu B-Ball Fans Are Too Funny

I was over on OP checking out the latest INSIDE scoop on their coaching search.I ran across a thread called NEW COACHING STUFF(catchy title).In this thread a poster claiming inside sources says Bill Self has been offerred a 10 year, 40 MILLION contract.Another Ag chimes in and says the next coach will be either Self or Gillespie,I GUARANTEE IT!

Ags are just too funny.
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonermix's Avatar
    vCash

Re: oSu B-Ball Fans Are Too Funny

there are 2 bill selfs in college basketball coaching?????
    < this space reserved for something clever >

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Bobby Knight was reportedly seen downtown looking at office furniture.

HE MUST BE COMING TO COACH AT BOONE STATE!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mixer! View Post
    Bobby Knight was reportedly seen downtown looking at office furniture.

HE MUST BE COMING TO COACH AT BOONE STATE!!!
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mad Dog Madsen's Avatar
    vCash

I say they bring Eddie back...

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Rumors and whispers from "inside sources"

(yes, I have my inside sources, shaddap guys, they are TOO inside sources)

1- Bill Self is considering leaving Kansas
    2- OSU is going to ask him first.
    3- If Self declines, then OSU will do a national search.
    4- If there is any reason why Self would accept, it would be because of his family's OSU roots.
    5- His wife was an OSU cheerleader, who apparently would like to return to Stilly.

Take it will a grain of salt, rinse and spit it out. In all likelihood, OSU is going to have to go the same route OU did for their basketball coach and the same route they took for their football coach - that means they'll hire a n00b. Look to mid-majors that went farther than they were supposed to in the tourney (WKU's coach already went to South Carolina, so he's out) in recent years (Marquette's already went to Indy, so he's out too) that might be looking to move up the chains for a slight pay raise. Jeff Capel fit this description well and he's showing his promise for better things to come.

Or... they can SPAM it: Spend Pickens' Available Money. This makes coaches that wouldn't consider OSU otherwise consider OSU. Depending on the amount of money and the current contract that coach has, this makes virtually everyone a possibility. We like to bash little sister school, but they've gone to, what, three or four final four's in the last 10 years? Plus, they have a very good stadium setup and a rabid fanbase that includes student tents.

Thus:
    -If coaches want to go to a supportive school environment, they'll consider OSU.
    -If coaches want to go to a school with great athletic facilities, they'll consider OSU.

With SPAM involved:
    - If coaches want a raise, they'll consider OSU (either to force a raise at their own school or to go to OSU)
    - If coaches want to be million-plus coaches, they'll seriously consider OSU
    - If coaches want to be the highest paid coaches in the league, they'll come to OSU.

Now, does T-Boner want to break the bank on a new coach? I'm sure OSU itself doesn't. Therefore, the only way a high calibur coach comes to OSU is if Boone approves... which does not set a good precedent for OSU, because once again, they're relying on SPAM and SPAM is no substitute for ham (especially with green eggs, yum yum)

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerBOI's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stoopified View Post
    I was over on OP checking out the latest INSIDE scoop on their coaching search.I ran across a thread called NEW COACHING STUFF(catchy title).In this thread a poster claiming inside sources says Bill Self has been offerred a 10 year, 40 MILLION contract.Another Ag chimes in and says the next coach will be either Self or Gillespie,I GUARANTEE IT!

Ags are just too funny.
    Nice one Badger!
    But, but feel for them. It has been a bad week. She-THUG Riley comes of age, lost their coach and former "Heisman" hopeful Bowman arrested. Oh well, pistol pete is misfiring...AGAIN.

vCash

I think one of the biggest problems for OSU right now is who wants to serve at the pleasure of T. Boone Pickens?

vCash

vCash

I mean besides the obvious people that wouldn't be able to find gainful employment otherwise.

vCash

OH....

AND..he'll work for bananas!!!
    Last edited by Mixer!; 4/3/2008 at 11:19 AM. Reason: I thought this was funnier than the Lindsay Lohan image.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Taxman71's Avatar
    vCash

I think all the Bill Self "wanting to go to Stillwater" stuff is nothing but bargaining power to get an extra million from KU. Considering he is in the Final 4 and Boone is opening up his checkbook, his price is arguably higher than it ever will be again. I look for Self to cash in on a long, long term deal for over $3mil per.

Then again, I think we should read something into the fact that Self's #1 fan/mancrush John Rohde did not even mention his name in his column today about possible replacements. Did Self tell Rohde to omit him solely to avoid any distractions this week or because he really is wanting to jump and doesn't want to derail negotiations? If Self just wants a raise at KU, why wouldn't his bbf's article annoint Self as the only option at osu for over $4mil per year? Interesting......

vCash

I have no idea what Bill Self will do, but if he leaves Kansas for OSU, he's a bigger retard than even OSU deserves.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mjcpr's Avatar
    vCash

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Larry Brown's a possibility, especially considering that he's from the area-ish (he coached at KU before moving up to the NBA) and today's ballers like any mention of the NBA (no, children did not learn anything from the Bill Cally fiasco in Nebbish).

At this point, like I said, it comes down to SPAM. Brown is a possibility if T. Boner will open up his checkbook. OSU's athletic department is barely scraping by without it's usual SPAM allowance (lol @ OSU fans who think otherwise, especially considering the recent stadium expansion, the recent athletic facilitiy additions and improvements, and now paying for Sutton's buyout).

And my goodness, if they are always begging daddy for money, they'll be living in his basement unemployed until he decides to move or he passes away. So little sister, it's time to get a real job or a real education. Stop relying on daddy's money, because it won't last and as long as you rely on your SPAM allowance, he will control you till the day you move out or the day he dies.

...what am I saying? OSU will never be off the SPAM, so let's further discuss NBA reject possibilities...

1- Isaiah Thomas. He will be available to OSU soon with the hiring of a new president brought in to clean the Knicks up, but with the way he spends money beyond the luxury tax, Boone better keep a tight leash on the company line of credit.

2- Jeff Van Gundy. As long as we're talking about former Knick coaches, why not Van Gundy (or even brother Stan?). At this point, they need a big name to save face and OSU will settle for a B-list big name

3- Pat Riley. Soon to be available after jumping off the sinking Heat ship, Riley will look to rebound with a redeeming shot at his coaching legacy. "No, I am not a coaching failure that can only win with the Lakers. Didn't you see that one year I led the Heat to a championship? Didn't you? Ok then, now I want all of you guys to run until you're puking. ESPECIALLY you, fattie... oh, I'm sorry, Byron. Did I hurt your feelings? MORE SPRINTS!"

4- Phil Jackson. Soon to be available after he decides that Kobe is just uncoachable even with a $10 mil contract, Jackson will invent the Sheep Zen and become more wealthy than T. Bone himself... but not donate any to OSU.

5- Charles Barkley. Soon to be available after offending the last un-offended person still watching, Barkley will be a perfect mentor for the guys who are shorter, fatter and slower, but yet still can muscle out a win with threats of "NO POSTGAME FOOD BAR IF YOU LOSE AGAIN!" Once OSU issues everyone a ring for winning the first round in the NIT finally, Barkley will take many pictures of said ring, send them to Jordan and proclaim "See? SEE?!?" Jordan will demand that Barkley take him out of his "My Fave Five" circle and stop calling, dammit.

vCash

Thas Turrribul.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SleestakSooner's Avatar
    In a cardboard box... down by the Dempsey Dumpster.
    vCash

OK one thing here I don't understand. If OSU is as it claims a "public" school why is it that Pickens seems to be in control of everything they do?

If he was to "open up his checkbook" would the money he is giving to a new basketball coach be under the table? How do they arrange to pay a coach legitimately using Pickens' money?

Alternatively, what would happen if the Gaylord family tried to tell Castiglione or Stoops how to run their business? I think Sooner Nation would rise up and scream in protest. Boone Pickens Nation accepts that he is all they have got going for them and follow his lead like little sheep.
    Quote Originally Posted by pokefun
    it is not natural to be optimistic and a cowboy fan unless it is the off season.

vCash

Well, I think it helps that there's not actually a Boone Pickens Nation. At best, they're a small state.
    "If you don't become an actor you'll never be a factor" - Lupe Fiasco

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 NYC Poke's Avatar
    vCash

You can take this to the bank now. Self is coming to Stillwater. So is Billy Gillespie. And Coach K and Phil Jackson. They're all going to be assistants for The Ghost of Henry Iba.

You heard it here first.

vCash

Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by bri View Post
    Well, I think it helps that there's not actually a Boone Pickens Nation. At best, they're a small state - like Vatican City is inside Rome.