Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

Re: NBA team soon to be formerly known as the Sonics...

OKC Gravy Kings
    “someone's controlling the vibes!"--apache dropout

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner_Havok's Avatar
    vCash

"The Oklahoma City Prairie Dogs"
    If I am right, then religious fundamentalists will not go to Heaven, because there is no Heaven. If THEY are right, then they will not go to Heaven, because they are hypocrites.

-Isaac Asimov

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerus View Post
    The name of the the team has value and is owned by Bennett and his crew, good luck to your chumpish ideas...
    Thanks man, coming from you, that means a lot
    If I am right, then religious fundamentalists will not go to Heaven, because there is no Heaven. If THEY are right, then they will not go to Heaven, because they are hypocrites.

-Isaac Asimov

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerus's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner_Havok View Post
    Thanks man, coming from you, that means a lot
    You are welcome, to present you with the obvious....

vCash

"The OKC Yard Birdz"

-Isaac Asimov

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 shaun4411's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boomersooner28 View Post
    "Introducing the Oklahoma City Superhillbillies!"

I like it.
    got callahan's vote.
    I'm tired of chasing my dreams. I'm just gonna ask where they're going and catch up with them later.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 shaun4411's Avatar
    vCash

they have to think of something before next season. because changing the name 3 years from now just wont work.
    I'm tired of chasing my dreams. I'm just gonna ask where they're going and catch up with them later.

Mmm... ...ribs.

vCash

Uh, rus, they really are planning on leaving the team name there. It is part of a financial negotiation. It is a carrot/stick that is being used to get Seattle to play ball. Basically, they have really, really ****ed off Stern and the NBA. Seattle has two choices right now:
    1. Force the court issue, and potentially force the Sonics owners to stay in Seattle until the end of their lease. This will ensure a number of things, none of which are good for Seattle, except for giving them the ability to be obstructionist, which they have excelled at so far. If they see the court case through, the OKC owners will play out the lease, putting a crappy product on the floor, and both Seattle and the owners will drown in debt. The owners are prepared to do this, if necessary. At the end of the lease the owners will bring the Sonics name and the team itself to OKC, and Seattle will probably never have another NBA team, at least as long as Stern is commish. Or...
    2. Take a lump sum lease buyout from the OKC owners (probably around $30 million, which is about what the team has lost annually the past few years, anyway), the team name, and potentially get back into David Stern's graces enough to get a team again one day, expansion or otherwise. They will have to build a new building before getting a new team, BTW.
    If Seattle has any amount of sense whatsoever, they will choose option two, and the team will come here this fall. Of course, they have shown poor judgment throughout the entire ordeal, so who knows?

Also, the team will almost certainly NOT be called the Thunderbirds, according to some folks I've talked to who probably know what they're talking about. One of the names I heard tossed around today is the Oklahoma City Energy. It's growing on me.
    Well, crap.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KC//CRIMSON View Post
    LMFAO That’s goddamn hilarious. Seriously, how do you follow that? My hat’s off to you sir, *dead rabbits falling out* Captain Wigglenose?
    He has a point man. We all know that KC's football and baseball teams are meaningless, what you guys really want is another NBA team. Well keep dreaming brother, the Sonics are ours and the Kings are never coming back!

Put that in your pipe, along with all the other stuff KC has that Oklahoma doesn't, and smoke it.

Oh yeah, "Oklahoma City Obesities"

-Isaac Asimov

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedJed View Post
    Uh, rus, they really are planning on leaving the team name there. It is part of a financial negotiation. It is a carrot/stick that is being used to get Seattle to play ball. Basically, they have really, really ****ed off Stern and the NBA. Seattle has two choices right now:
    1. Force the court issue, and potentially force the Sonics owners to stay in Seattle until the end of their lease. This will ensure a number of things, none of which are good for Seattle, except for giving them the ability to be obstructionist, which they have excelled at so far. If they see the court case through, the OKC owners will play out the lease, putting a crappy product on the floor, and both Seattle and the owners will drown in debt. The owners are prepared to do this, if necessary. At the end of the lease the owners will bring the Sonics name and the team itself to OKC, and Seattle will probably never have another NBA team, at least as long as Stern is commish. Or...
    2. Take a lump sum lease buyout from the OKC owners (probably around $30 million, which is about what the team has lost annually the past few years, anyway), the team name, and potentially get back into David Stern's graces enough to get a team again one day, expansion or otherwise. They will have to build a new building before getting a new team, BTW.
    If Seattle has any amount of sense whatsoever, they will choose option two, and the team will come here this fall. Of course, they have shown poor judgment throughout the entire ordeal, so who knows?

Also, the team will almost certainly NOT be called the Thunderbirds, according to some folks I've talked to who probably know what they're talking about. One of the names I heard tossed around today is the Oklahoma City Energy. It's growing on me.
    Duh...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedJed View Post
    Might as well be the Oklahoma City Sissy Nannies

-Isaac Asimov

vCash

Trust me , they will be the OKC somethings....yet to be determined but not Sonics..

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 reevie's Avatar
    vCash

Energy is lame. On par with the Wichita Wind.

Give the team a real name, something fans can be proud of.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by reevie View Post
    Energy is lame. On par with the Wichita Wind.

Give the team a real name, something fans can be proud of.
    Oklahoma City Sooners?

-Isaac Asimov

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

i'm not real hip on "Energy" either.
    “someone's controlling the vibes!"--apache dropout

Mmm... ...ribs.

vCash

Well, I said it was "growing on me," not necessarily that I liked it yet. But it does speak to the obvious energy sector influence, plus the newfound vitality of the city itself.
    Well, crap.

The OKC Flash Floods?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 reevie's Avatar
    vCash

If they want an oil-based name, try the Oklahoma City Wildcatters

vCash

The Oklahoma City F5's

-Isaac Asimov

Mmm... ...ribs.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KC//CRIMSON View Post
    The OKC Flash Floods?
    Heh.
    Well, crap.