Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sooner Starter
    vCash

OU women: OKC REGIONAL

Committee places OU as a #4 seed against #13 Illinois St. and sends OSU to New Orleans

Defending champion Tennessee is the top seed in the Oklahoma City regional. The Lady Vols' bid for back-to-back national championships begins Sunday against Oral Roberts.

Others in the Oklahoma City regional are No. 8 Utah vs. No. 9 Purdue, No. 5 Notre Dame vs. No. 12 Southern Methodist, No. 4 Oklahoma vs. No. 13 Illinois State, No. 6 Arizona State vs. No. 11 Temple, No. 3 Duke vs. No. 14 Murray State, No. 7 Syracuse vs. No. 10 Hartford and No. 2 Texas A&M vs. No. 15 Texas-San Antonio.
    Last edited by OUsooner1; 3/17/2008 at 06:58 PM.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member AllAboutThe'O''s Avatar
    There she is, and I hope she's living where I is.
    vCash

Re: OU women: OKC REGIONAL

Just like the men, I'm shocked that the Sooners got a better seed than what they deserved. I thought they would drop as high as a 5 or as low as a 6. Just have to live up to playing like a top four seed now, and hopefully make it to OKC and face the Lady Vols in a rematch. I bet OSU must be loving the fact that we're in the OKC regional and they're not.

vCash

Talking Re: OU women: OKC REGIONAL

And oSu fans are in full meltdown mode.

Coale is a bitch, sleeps with committee members, etc... And they got mad when OU fans yelled OSU sucks at the OU-OSU game...

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=50645

- Stay Tru

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tru2ou View Post
    And oSu fans are in full meltdown mode.

Coale is a bitch, sleeps with committee members, etc... And they got mad when OU fans yelled OSU sucks at the OU-OSU game...

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=50645

- Stay Tru
    priceless, but I hope that all Big 12 teams do well, yes, even OSU. I don't understand why they can't feel the same way about Big 12 and in-state teams and such, but whatever.

to be fair, Coale is president of the coach's association or whatever, so MAYBE (and that's a very big maybe) that had some determining factor on tourney placing. Or perhaps, the fact that we have so many damn fans in the stands every game had some determining factor. Before OSU chimes that they sold out their budlam game, that's one game out of the year, guys.

How much you wanna bet that they would be griping if they got a #4 seed in OKC and we got a #3 in Nawlins? "Another screwjob for us and a blowjob for Overrated University, poke poke poke."

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 jdsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Wow, I'm an LSU fan who came on here to see what you guys thought about going to N.O.--you don't think much of it, I can tell. Moreover, I see you do not like OU much, being in-state rivals I can see why. However, reading the rules for posting as I was registering I read this:

"By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws."

Now I can understand you are upset about your placement, and you don't like the Sooners, but some of the posts regarding the Paris twins and Sherri Coale certainly violate the rules above. They go beyond reasonable good taste, in fact some are downright vulgar and obscene, and the kicker is that the quote above is by a MODERATOR! Mods are supposed to be enforcing the rules, not breaking them.

I'm sure you think this is none of my business, and I'll go now, wishing you good luck in the tourney--until you play us!
    The above quote makes some very good points, even though it was met with derision by angry aggies. The LSU fan was accused of being a Sooner fan in disguise. As I read the comments on this board I quickly realized that they allow a great deal of latitude in choice of language on that board.

Quote Originally Posted by jdsooner View Post
    The above quote makes some very good points, even though it was met with derision by angry aggies. The LSU fan was accused of being a Sooner fan in disguise.
    heh. That guy got banned because he had the same IP as someone who previously registered under an OU screen name.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 jdsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by orangekaje View Post
    heh. That guy got banned because he had the same IP as someone who previously registered under an OU screen name.
    The identity may be questionable, but the accuracy of the post is dead on. The comments being offered by cowboy fans about Sherri Coale, her players, and other school officials are offensive and stupid. I don't mind being called a gooner, but suggesting that oral sex was offered to secure the OKC regional is way out of bounds.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I wonder if any of those blooming ijimuts realize that OU will probably have to beat Notre Dame in a game that's less than 2 1/2 hours away from ND's campus just to GET to OKC. Can anybody say Blue & Gold home game? The committee didn't exactly bend over backwards for Coale & co.
    Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Big Red Ron's Avatar
    vCash

Wow, I'm an LSU fan who came on here to see what you guys thought about going to N.O.--you don't think much of it, I can tell. Moreover, I see you do not like OU much, being in-state rivals I can see why. However, reading the rules for posting as I was registering I read this:

"By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws."

Now I can understand you are upset about your placement, and you don't like the Sooners, but some of the posts regarding the Paris twins and Sherri Coale certainly violate the rules above. They go beyond reasonable good taste, in fact some are downright vulgar and obscene, and the kicker is that the quote above is by a MODERATOR! Mods are supposed to be enforcing the rules, not breaking them.

I'm sure you think this is none of my business, and I'll go now, wishing you good luck in the tourney--until you play us!
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,
    a thousand victories. - Sun Tzu (500 B.C.)

vCash

Sherri (Dallas, Tx): I'm sure your aware of the fact that Oklahoma State fans are upset with you and your committee. How come OSU did not get the OKC regional and A&M get pushed to New Orleans which would be more of an advantage for both schools?

Judy Southard: (9:51 PM ET ) First of all, A+M has not been pushed to New Orleans, they're in OKC. We have a principle to separate teams that can not match up until the regional championship. When OSU came up, the closest site was OKC. In order to send OK State there, that would have been a violation of our principles. Because they were the lower seed, we had to send them to a different region.
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,

Ready for Baseball Season tulsaoilerfan's Avatar
    vCash

I think that's pretty damn funny right there

vCash

Welcome to the bigtime cowgirl bandwagoners.
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,

vCash

There's probably no explaining to those mouth-breathers that in the world of women's college basketball, you have to earn the kind of respect that gets you a "home" regional. And it takes more than one decent year, too. How many times did our team get shipped out to BFE, West Region and hosed on seeding when we first began to make our run to the next level?
    "If you don't become an actor you'll never be a factor" - Lupe Fiasco

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bri View Post
    There's probably no explaining to those mouth-breathers that in the world of women's college basketball, you have to earn the kind of respect that gets you a "home" regional. And it takes more than one decent year, too. How many times did our team get shipped out to BFE, West Region and hosed on seeding when we first began to make our run to the next level?
    It's a little but like Georgia bitching about Duke's seeding and placement in the men's.
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,

vCash

Not really; Georgia won their conference.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bri View Post
    Not really; Georgia won their conference.
    lol, then maybe Chattanooga B!tching about Tennessee.
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,

vCash

I had half a mind to register and post over there to make fun of them (since half a mind would still make me the smartest man in the history of aggy board), but I'm still hurt over the time they banned my "Brent Parker's Hands" handle.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

The pukes have hit an all time low, and that's saying a lot for them. There's no reasoning with that sloped forehead bunch. They'll probably fold like a house of cards anyway.

The people over at OSU have never had any success therefore they can't handle it.It's kind of sad but I hope it stays that way!

Ready for Baseball Season tulsaoilerfan's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by princetonsooner View Post
    The people over at OSU have never had any success therefore they can't handle it.It's kind of sad but I hope it stays that way!
    but what about all those 'rassling and golf titles we won?