SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerus's Avatar
    vCash

Any one mention Godbold crying today....

...in the post game comments to the crowd...it was very touching and shows what a great Sooner he is...and great person..

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SleestakSooner's Avatar
    In a cardboard box... down by the Dempsey Dumpster.
    vCash

Re: Any one mention Godbold crying today....

awwww

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

heard it on the radio. David's made some great plays for us this year, no doubt.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by King Crimson View Post
    heard it on the radio. David's made some great plays for us this year, no doubt.
    Texas Tech is the first thing that comes to mind
    Scientists are trying to fight global warming by changing animal flatulence. - Hold the Farts

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ardmore_Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Youngsooner View Post
    Texas Tech is the first thing that comes to mind
    Everyone forgets the West Virginia game. He won that game for us, I don't care what anybody says.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tommieharris91's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Ardmore_Sooner View Post
    Everyone forgets the West Virginia game. He won that game for us, I don't care what anybody says.
    That West. Va game was an entire team effort to me. It was a great win, especially from where we came being down 8 points in the 1st OT.
    "If your dream ain't bigger than you, there's a problem with your dream." -Deion Sanders

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

David Godbold is the epitome of the Kelvin Sampson diamond-in-the-rough type player. Find a guy with a ton of heart and tenacity and just have 'em work the other team to death. I'm glad he's been a part of this team and I'm glad that he got the opportunity to be coached by Capel.

If I'm recalling correctly, David had no D-1 offers out of high school and walked on at OU by invitation.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ton Loc's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerus View Post
    ...in the post game comments to the crowd...it was very touching and shows what a great Sooner he is...and great person..
    He was also crying during the presentation to the Seniors before the game. It was a little misty in the crowd at Lloyd Noble before the game.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rich View Post

If I'm recalling correctly, David had no D-1 offers out of high school and walked on at OU by invitation.
    KS was originally recruiting Godbold to walkon but offered him a scholy when DeAngelo transferred.David is indeed a blue-collar player.Not a great scorer,rebounder or ballhandler but can make plays in all those areas andis a relentless defender and hustle player.
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OUmillenium's Avatar
    vCash

Props to David Godbold. Great effort this year, made some huge plays, and finished with a super game at LNC.
    Here lies Lester Moor
    4 slugs from a .44
    No Lester no more

That's no moon...

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stoopified View Post
    KS was originally recruiting Godbold to walkon but offered him a scholy when DeAngelo transferred.David is indeed a blue-collar player.Not a great scorer,rebounder or ballhandler but can make plays in all those areas andis a relentless defender and hustle player.
    Yep, you're right. Plus he had an offer from Missouri State, I guess.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TopDawg's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Ardmore_Sooner View Post
    I forget what he did in that game...can you recap?

He also was a big part of the biggest play of the OU/OSU game here in Norman. We inbounded the ball with only about 8 seconds left on the shot clock, but AJ didn't realize that. He passed it to Godbold who heaved up a prayer (almost from the same spot as the one he made in Lubbock), it drew iron, reset the clock, Blake made an incredible play to tip the rebound to himself, got fouled hard but somehow was still able to get the shot up, it went in and he hit his free throw. That was with around 2 minutes left and I think the score was tied before that play. It was kinda like when Eaton fouled out in Stillwater...the game was still up in the air at that point...but you just knew we were going to win it.