Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Crimsontothecore's Avatar
    vCash

It's Time For A Change

Any time a thread pops up criticizing Bob Barry sr., I have always defended him. After listening to the game tonight it has become obvious that it is time for Bob to retire. Mike Houck spends most of his time correcting Bob's mistakes. It used to just be mispronouncing names (I'll always remember Michael Johnson being Michael Jordan), but now it's calling turnovers that aren't turnovers, Announcing timeouts when there's not, Going to a station break when he's not supposed to, ect. I found myself waiting for confirmation every time he called a play.
    I hate criticizing someone who's doing what I never could do but at some point we all need to realize when we lose our touch.
    It's time for Bob to pass the torch.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Rock Hard Corn Frog's Avatar
    vCash

Re: It's Time For A Change

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsontothecore
    Any time a thread pops up criticizing Bob Barry sr., I have always defended him. After listening to the game tonight it has become obvious that it is time for Bob to retire. Mike Houck spends most of his time correcting Bob's mistakes. It used to just be mispronouncing names (I'll always remember Michael Johnson being Michael Jordan), but now it's calling turnovers that aren't turnovers, Announcing timeouts when there's not, Going to a station break when he's not supposed to, ect. I found myself waiting for confirmation every time he called a play.
    I hate criticizing someone who's doing what I never could do but at some point we all need to realize when we lose our touch.
    Whew...when I saw the title I thought you were talking about Capel and I thought you had lost it.

I have to agree. It isn't so bad in football but in basketball it is painful to listen to Bob.
    "My landmass erupts with kittens."

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 cheezyq's Avatar
    vCash

I think there's a 90/30 chance that Dean Blevins will replace him.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Crimsontothecore's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Hard Corn Frog
    Whew...when I saw the title I thought you were talking about Capel and I thought you had lost it.
    That's what's known in the marketing business as "bait and switch"

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SOONER STEAKER's Avatar
    vCash

Anyone but "Dean the Stream." How can we hire someone who was caught urinatng on the airwaves.
    Here I sit just a flexin, giving birth to another UT grad.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Actually, he is worse calling Football. We actually sat and counted the mistakes one game.....had to quit in the second quarter......it quits being fun when you feel like you are taking advantage of an old man.

I think Bob Barry is going to be the PBP for about 2 more years then Bob Carpenter will take over.

BTW, today is BBS's 77th B-day. Nice day to start this thread

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUSKINS
    BTW, today is BBS's 77th B-day. Nice day to start this thread
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsontothecore
    This is the first game that I have listened too and noticed the same thing. Houck couldn't even come up with his own stuff because he was always correcting BBS. It was pretty bad.

When Donnie was AD, I asked him to get rid of Bob. He told me that was up to the network company. But maybe if Joe C. hears enough complaints, he will find a way. I have long suspected Bob was blind.