Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

Re: What happened to Longhorn Fan Zone and Wheeler?

The man was the Joe Stalin of saxet football. He was the source of the movement, if you can call one person on a hysterical rant a movement, to ban anyone who left the state of Texas to play for another school on a football scholarship to ever again be allowed to work in any capacity in the state of Texas.* It was clearly aimed at (and caused by) the University of Oklahoma recruiting top notch Texas highschool talent, not neccessarily away from the whorns per se but from other Texas colleges, and then winning with said players.

*This notion of being able to ban someone from working in a state simply because they chose to ply their talent somewhere else goes way back to the days between Texas being part of Mexico and statehood when they dreamed of being a nation amongst nations, and they could pass any laws they like and the rest of the world be damned. Maybe the U.S. should have let em dream a little longer before taking em in as a state. It didn't take em long to renounce being part of the U.S. and sign on with the Confederacy and unlike the other Southern states, didn't suffer from Union defeats on Texas soil or see whole cities burned to the ground. The Texas natives have long continued to revel in the fantasy that they could resign from the U.S. and form a country of their own, some nonsense about it being part of their state constitution. Massive influx of people from other parts of the country over the last half century have diluted that mindset but there are still fanatics like LHB out there ready to man the ramparts of the Alamo vs the rest of us.

Personally, I don't miss him.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sooneron
    I heard that he and Erxleben are starting up a new business.
    Can I get in on this little business you're talking about?

- Doug Gottlieb

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Animal Mother's Avatar
    Fort Worth, Tejas Alliance Airport Runway 5
    vCash

Maybe he was friends with the guy from Satellite Tickets in OKC that printed tickets for shows that were never booked waaaay back in the 70s. I still have one of the tickets. We were able to exchange the Yes tickets for a real Yes show.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

"Wadn't", "68-14", "Captain Blythe"? Why am I reminded of John Belushi's "Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor" speech?