SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

Kelvin Sampson / Indiana / The NCAA

So Kelvin Sampson is once again in trouble because he can't understand the rules regarding the contacting of recruits.

Indiana is investigating it internally and will likely fire Sampson over this and then be forced to report itself to the NCAA.

From what I understand IU is one of the cleanest programs around. No major violations since 1960.

Kelvin Sampson clearly isn't one of the cleanest operators around, having gotten 2 schools in hot water now over what amounts to him not understand what the definition of "is" is.

I wish the NCAA would ban Sampson from its ranks for a period of 1 or 2 years and leave Indiana the hell alone. He's the one who has brought a black eye to Indiana, but now it's IU that's going to have to find another coach and try and rebuild again.

I hope that the NCAA doesn't hit IU hard on this one.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Kelvin Sampson / Indiana / The NCAA

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMack
    So Kelvin Sampson is once again in trouble because he can't understand the rules regarding the contacting of recruits.

Indiana is investigating it internally and will likely fire Sampson over this and then be forced to report itself to the NCAA.

From what I understand IU is one of the cleanest programs around. No major violations since 1960.

Kelvin Sampson clearly isn't one of the cleanest operators around, having gotten 2 schools in hot water now over what amounts to him not understand what the definition of "is" is.

I wish the NCAA would ban Sampson from its ranks for a period of 1 or 2 years and leave Indiana the hell alone. He's the one who has brought a black eye to Indiana, but now it's IU that's going to have to find another coach and try and rebuild again.

I hope that the NCAA doesn't hit IU hard on this one.

I agree! One more thing that is somewhat related that really ****es me off is the way everyone is up Sampsons azz about this but still slobbing on "Hey Knight"! Dont get me wrong, I think Sampson deserves everything he gets and im glad he is gone from OU but you have all these people saying Sampson is an idiot for getting two schools in trouble(which is true) but saying that "in 30 years Bob Knight never had violations, graduated his players, what a great guy" and is so good for it! BS!!!

This guy has been proven time and again that he verbally and physically bullies and abuses his players, secretaries, and coaches and I for one am sick of hearing the media continually shy from criticizing him cus they are cowards.
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Hey wait a sec... WE GOT SANCTIONED FOR KS' PROBLEMS!

So what exactly takes IU off the hook for having KS as their coach now? Hmm? UNFAIR. If they sanction OU for having KS as the coach, then dang it, put IU on probation, too.

vCash

I think the rule should be changed.

I think it should follow the coach more aggressively.

vCash

So what exactly takes IU off the hook for having KS as their coach now? Hmm? UNFAIR. If they sanction OU for having KS as the coach, then dang it, put IU on probation, too.

vCash

I HEARD YOU THE FIRST TIME!!!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Dio's Avatar
    vCash

"ESPN and Texas are now one and the same." -Stewart Mandel

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SleestakSooner's Avatar
    In a cardboard box... down by the Dempsey Dumpster.
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Dio

IU = the USC of basketball?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jimminy Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

Who cares about Indiana? Put 'em on probation. They knowingly hired a coach with a past.

I'd assume KS will be gone, as well ad their AD. They need an NCAA penalty, too.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 CtheB's Avatar
    vCash

I agree. If you want to put an end to a coach leaving a program amidst scandal or investigation, they will punish Indiana as well here.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jimminy Crimson
    Who cares about Indiana? Put 'em on probation. They knowingly hired a coach with a past.
    And let him do the exact same thing. Knowing that he got in trouble for illegal calls before, wouldn't you think they would have kept a close eye on that sort of thing? I mean hell, take away the unlimited minutes plan on his phone or something. I guess they thought, "No way he'd try to get away with that again...."
    I'm not happy until you're not happy.

vCash

Hey wait a sec... WE GOT SANCTIONED FOR KS' PROBLEMS

shaddap

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by mdklatt
    And let him do the exact same thing. Knowing that he got in trouble for illegal calls before, wouldn't you think they would have kept a close eye on that sort of thing? I mean hell, take away the unlimited minutes plan on his phone or something. I guess they thought, "No way he'd try to get away with that again...."
    With IU it should be the old 'fool me twice, shame on me' principle. IU should pay worse than we did.

vCash

Current probability of him getting fired?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by MextheBulldog
    Current probability of him getting fired?
    Dean Blevins: "Probably a 60/50 chance"