Page 5 of 134 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    vCash

Re: ***The Official MMA Thread***

Anyone catch the Elite XC on Showtime this weekend? Pretty cool. The fight between Shamrock and Kung Le was nice. If he wouldn't have gotten a broken arm I think Shamrock would have gotten him.

Wayne Cole won the second bout with a submission. I know him personally, he's from Norman. He did much better last night than the last time I saw him on the UFL.

Fedor Emelianenko Vs. Tim Sylvia Being Discussed For June

A proposed contest between Fedor Emelianenko and Tim Sylvia is currently in discussions according to a source close to the negotiations. Though our source informed us that this fight is a "solid possibility" it should be noted that it is far from a done deal and would require further negotiations if a basic agreement is reached. There are also other names in the works for both fighters should this fight fail to materialize.

The fight, however, if officially agreed to, will be held in Chicago this June under the newly formed Adrenaline MMA banner. The card is also set to feature Jeff Monson taking on Mike Russow in a heavyweight showdown.

Former UFC champion Tim Sylvia was recently released from his UFC contract and has since signed with Adrenaline MMA; which coincidently employs his agent,Cox as CEO of the company. The promotion has also signed Ben Rothwell and Eddie Alverez as the company looks to begin stockpiling talent as they move towards their inaugural event to be held on June 14th.

Fedor vs Sylvia - Confirmed

Fedor Emelianenko announced on Friday via his personal website that he has officially signed to fight Tim Sylvia on July 19 in the United States. MMAWeekly.com has since confirmed the bout with independent sources.

The announcement did not mention a specific show, but previous sources have indicated that it will be a promotion headed by clothing giant Affliction.

The news on his website also stated that Fedor has signed on for two more fights to take place later this year in October and December, although no particular opponent or organization was named for either fight.

The fight in December is set to take place in Japan on one of the New Year’s Eve shows, as Fedor plans on celebrating his sixth year in a row overseas.

This will be Fedor’s first fight since submitting Hong Man Choi at the Yarennoka event in Japan on New Year’s Even 2007, while Sylvia will face his first challenge since exiting the Ultimate Fighting Championship after being its champion on two separate occasions.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...6112&zoneid=13

Cyborg by submission, first round.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tbl's Avatar
    vCash

Its about time he fought somebody worthwhile, though I personally can't stand Sylvia. In a way I hope Fedor destroys him, but in another I wouldn't mind the legend getting beat.

Bye bye Couture/Fedor. Thanks Dana!

Bye bye Couture/Fedor.
    I'd bet it's going to happen this year. Sometime in the fall.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner_Bob's Avatar
    vCash

Anyone watch DREAM 2 yet?

Hopefully I'll be checking it out later . . .

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

Hadn't watched it yet but I will soon....I ve been watching a lot of elite xc reruns the last few weeks
    Bazinga

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by dw17 View Post
    Anyone catch the Elite XC on Showtime this weekend? Pretty cool. The fight between Shamrock and Kung Le was nice. If he wouldn't have gotten a broken arm I think Shamrock would have gotten him.

Wayne Cole won the second bout with a submission. I know him personally, he's from Norman. He did much better last night than the last time I saw him on the UFL.
    There's been some controversy about Wayne . . . did he actually wrassle at OU?

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner_Bob View Post
    Anyone watch DREAM 2 yet?

Hopefully I'll be checking it out later . . .

I think their Middleweight Grand Prix starts today?

UFC 84

Now playing: http://www.channelsurfing.net/

Hello Axe Murderer!

good to have you back!

Wow!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerBBall's Avatar
    vCash

BJ Penn, bitches! That is what I'm talking about!
    Why doesn't he ever drop to the turf and sizzle like bacon when he scores? Is that too much to ask? -CobraKai on Adrian Peterson

vCash

Machida is about the most boring fighter ever! Smart, but boring.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer..... View Post
    Machida is about the most boring fighter ever! Smart, but boring.
    I never understood this. Machida's style is much like Chuck's. They are both counter-strikers. Tito could have made the match exciting by attcking and trying to take Machida down more, but he played Lyoto's game and got beat badly for it.
    Why doesn't he ever drop to the turf and sizzle like bacon when he scores? Is that too much to ask? -CobraKai on Adrian Peterson

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBBall View Post
    I never understood this. Machida's style is much like Chuck's. They are both counter-strikers. Tito could have made the match exciting by attcking and trying to take Machida down more, but he played Lyoto's game and got beat badly for it.
    What? Lyoto IMO is not a counter striker. He only engages on his terms and when he initiates it.

It's hard to attack a guy who continually back peddles to keep from engaging. Machida is a technical fighter, but outside of the takedown at the end of the 1st and the knee to the liver I can't see how he won 30-27.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KC//CRIMSON View Post
    Hello Axe Murderer!

good to have you back!

Wow!

That was awesome . . . now just don't go saying he deserves a title shot just yet. I want to see him fight Rampage again too, but I think Wandy needs at least one more win to get a title shot.

Wandy vs. Machida anyone?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KC//CRIMSON View Post
    I think their Middleweight Grand Prix starts today?
    Did you see Alvarez vs. Hansen? That should've been the finals.

vCash

What? Lyoto IMO is not a counter striker. He only engages on his terms and when he initiates it.

It's hard to attack a guy who continually back peddles to keep from engaging. Machida is a technical fighter, but outside of the takedown at the end of the 1st and the knee to the liver I can't see how he won 30-27.
    I agree, counter-striker is a bad term for him. His style is a lot of counter-attacking, though. He does a lot of waiting for his opponent to move in and make a mistake and then exploits it. I think his overall strategy is a lot like Chucks, but while Chuck just punches, Lyoto uses punches, kicks, knees, throws, or whatever else would be most advantageous in the current situation.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBBall View Post
    I agree, counter-striker is a bad term for him. His style is a lot of counter-attacking, though. He does a lot of waiting for his opponent to move in and make a mistake and then exploits it. I think his overall strategy is a lot like Chucks, but while Chuck just punches, Lyoto uses punches, kicks, knees, throws, or whatever else would be most advantageous in the current situation.
    True . . . a Chuck vs. Lyoto fight would probably be a snooze fest IMO.

Well, until that one punch that puts one or the other on their back.

That was awesome . . . now just don't go saying he deserves a title shot just yet. I want to see him fight Rampage again too, but I think Wandy needs at least one more win to get a title shot.

Wandy vs. Machida anyone?
    He needs at least another two fights before sniffing a title shot. Not sure who just yet.

Still would like to see Machida fight a top notch 205er just to see how good he really is. Maybe against Rampage or Chuck. Soko/Tito wasn't a good measuring stick for that, imo.