Page 1 of 134 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

MMA people

What do you know bout this Kimbo Slice guy fighting Tank Abbott on the 16th? I was watching Inside MMA on HDNet, hosted by some idiot and Bas Rutten, and this beastly man was on the show calling himself the "Tank Killer."

What scared me most about this show was them playing a music cd cut by Mr Rutten himself..I used to be a Bas fan back in the day but the album made me wanna hate him..Zeus was kinda into it though.
    Bazinga

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

Re: MMA people

You know if you put a six pack in front of Tank Abbott, he'll be holding MMA auditions from the holding tank.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

***The Official MMA Thread***

Dana "snoop dog" White talks trash on Fedor.

"Fedor isn’t a real fighter, he’s a complete joke. “He’s fighting middleweights and guys who have absolutely no business fighting – and he’s looking like s*** doing it.

“It’s 2008 and he hasn’t had a real fight since 2005. I don’t care about what he did in PRIDE years ago - he can’t live with anyone in the top five in the UFC and that’s why he’s not here.

“He’s not in the UFC because if he was he couldn’t avoid real competition like he’s been doing for years now.

Fedor Emelianenko, the final reigning heavyweight champion in PRIDE’s history, has issued a response to UFC president Dana White in regards to White’s continued criticism of his ability as a top fighter.

"Numerous times have I read mister White’s statements on Internet concerning myself. In my opinion, allowing yourself to say those things is not a sign of a gentleman or a grown man at all! If he candidly wants to prove himself right then let my fight with Randy happen or let me face the reigning UFC champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira. In the future I wouldn’t want to hear those statements in my address ever again and I won’t tolerate that.

My last fight in Japan proved that I’m ready to fight anybody with any height advantage, skillset or experience. I have fought and still wish to fight the best athletes. The Randy fight is my goal number one right now, he’s a great fighter and this is a very unfortunate situation when too strict and one-sided UFC contracts don’t let this fight happen.

The whole world is eager to see me fight your champions, people don’t want to listen to your press-conferences. I’m signed with M-1 Global and this promotion is ready to organize such fights under our banner or in co-promoted events."

Joe Rogan comments on Dana White's remarks about Fedor.

Adult language - http://www.dailymotion.com/search/da...na-bullshi_fun

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: ***The Official MMA Thread***

although I think Dana has done a great job with promoting MMA and turning huge profits for UFC (I think he's great for the sport with what he's done) but he is a hard person to like.

I think his whole routine is old. Dude you're the CEO of a company and when they interview he sounds like a kid who just discovered cuss words. He acts like he is one of the fighters.

To say that about Fedor is stupid and sounds like sour grapes. He better watch out because of his 3 biggest draws 1 is gone (Cotoure) two are on the decline (Liddell and Wandy)

the link isn't working for me

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Tank's old and fat but I guess even as you age you keep your KO power, Kimbo that's a scary looking dude, all I know about him is that he used to video his street fights, tuff guy.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Tank may be a warshed up, but I bet he show's kimbo what's up.

vCash

Didn't Slice fight Ray Mercer last year.
    For the good old American lifestyle: For the money, for the glory, and for the fun... mostly for the money.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member critical_phil's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by royalfan5
    Didn't Slice fight Ray Mercer last year.

yep, and his MMA debut was slighly less impressive than Johnnie Morton's.

Kimbo, while i'm sure he's a bad muther****er, is fighing the likes of Tank Abbot for a reason. he'd get his *** handed to him by any legit heavyweight.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by critical_phil

Kimbo, while i'm sure he's a bad muther****er, is fighing the likes of Tank Abbot for a reason. he'd get his *** handed to him by any legit heavyweight.
    It's all in the $.....I havn't seen Tank fight since the late 90's...I'm sure they both just want to make a buck. I read that Kimbos been training in one of the MMA camps. You can see here what happens when he get's a little taste of it.

OleVet Posse Instigator

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner_Bob's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by critical_phil

I think Johnny Morton is still out from that shot . . .

vCash

As far as Kimbo vs. Tank goes unless Tank's workout habits have changed, the most work he'll do for this fight is the two minutes he'll last before gasing out.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tbl's Avatar
    vCash

Kimbo has been training with Bas for a while now. If you're not sure who he is or where he came from, just youtube him. He was an internet street fighting "sensation". His personality is horribly bland and the show last week with Tank was much more entertaining.

Kenny Rice used to bug the heck out of me, but I actually like the guy now. He says some pretty funny stuff (typically corny) but I think you just have to consider the source. A couple of weeks ago Herb Dean (the black ref with the long braids) was on the panel and he was making an analogy about a "pushy" salesman and the "sh" sound sounded just like an "s" sound. Kenny said "What kind of salesman? I guess you can get anything now a days". Bas was cracking up but it looked like Herb completely missed it.

You didn't like Bas' song "I wanna chill"? I thought it was hilarious. Bas is pure greatness man.

I wouldn't necessarily call Tank a legit HW. The guy is 4-10. This fight is just going to be a brawl.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tbl
    Kimbo has been training with Bas for a while now. If you're not sure who he is or where he came from, just youtube him. He was an internet street fighting "sensation". His personality is horribly bland and the show last week with Tank was much more entertaining.

Kenny Rice used to bug the heck out of me, but I actually like the guy now. He says some pretty funny stuff (typically corny) but I think you just have to consider the source. A couple of weeks ago Herb Dean (the black ref with the long braids) was on the panel and he was making an analogy about a "pushy" salesman and the "sh" sound sounded just like an "s" sound. Kenny said "What kind of salesman? I guess you can get anything now a days". Bas was cracking up but it looked like Herb completely missed it.

You didn't like Bas' song "I wanna chill"? I thought it was hilarious. Bas is pure greatness man.

I wouldn't necessarily call Tank a legit HW. The guy is 4-10. This fight is just going to be a brawl.
    I was thinking did he seriously cut an album? I thought it was funny but I wouldnt wanna listen to too much of it.

I was a big Bas guy back in the Pancrase day. I loved his fight with Mark Coleman when he just kept kicking him in the knee til he couldn't walk.
    Bazinga

vCash

Whoop whoop!!

El Guapo in da howz . . .

vCash

I wanna chill..werd
    Bazinga

vCash

Inside MMA is a very cool show. I'm glad Mark Cuban decided to support it. Kenny Rice may not be the easiest guy to listen to, but at least they don't have Steve "The Fight Professor" Quadros on there . . . or Bill Goldberg.

To ease your pain, just watch the Kimbo/Tank fight with the volume on mute.

vCash

The show I watched had Kimbo, the elite xc prez, dolph lungren, kenny rice and bas in studio..kenny was just too cornball for me. They would ask Kimbo a question and he would usually grunt something inaudible out. Dolph didnt wanna be there and bas ruled the show.
    Bazinga

vCash

Bas is the main reason to watch that show . . . he's way more of a personality than folks realize.

the link isn't working for me
    Should be working now.

I like how the person making that audio/video put it together. That slam that Randleman put on Fedor is one of the most incredible things I have ever seen in MMA. Not only does he survive, but he submits him a minute later. Unbelievable.

vCash

I wanna see Fedor vs. Arona II . . .