Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerus's Avatar
    vCash

McCain's running mate selection...

...will decide the presidential election this year...a good selection and he may win, a poor selection and he gets slaughtered...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sanantoniosooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: McCain's running mate selection...

I heard he's after Obama as a running mate.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sanantoniosooner
    I heard he's after Obama as a running mate.
    That would lock up the republican right wing...

vCash

I think Romney is making the somewhat subtle play...

vCash

I think the Dem ticket decides the fate of the election this time.
    Well, that and their ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory even against nearly impossible odds. McCain is just hoping for a fuggup on the other side and that the "he's looney" whisper campaign won't rift through the GOP side again this time. Oh, and that the 3rd party will hurt the GOP more this time, especially if McCain is the nominee. The far right will be sandwiched between McCain and the libertarian views.

I'm tellin' ya it's the donkeys' to lose right now.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue
    I think the Dem ticket decides the fate of the election this time.
    Well, that and their ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory even against nearly impossible odds. McCain is just hoping for a fuggup on the other side and that the "he's looney" whisper campaign won't rift through the GOP side again this time. Oh, and that the 3rd party will hurt the GOP more this time, especially if McCain is the nominee. The far right will be sandwiched between McCain and the libertarian views.

I'm tellin' ya it's the donkeys' to lose right now.
    Depending on the ticket, I agree...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Whet's Avatar
    vCash

Come on guys! Have we already forgot the last Presidential Election? His running mate will be John Kerry! Afterall, McCain's gotta make up for dissin' Kerry by not taking the VP slot when he ran...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Whet
    Come on guys! Have we already forgot the last Presidential Election? His running mate will be John Kerry! Afterall, McCain's gotta make up for dissin' Kerry by not taking the VP slot when he ran...
    w/t/f ???

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SanJoaquinSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Huckabee is on the list but the lesser known candidate is the gov of minnesota.

vCash

I think he must select a VP that will help with the more conservative voters - get them motivated to vote for the ticket. You also must look at the EC states that will help ensure the ticket get the majority. There are specific states they will not carry, like CA, IL, and MA, so the other person must be a good draw for a region... I don't believe the MN gov will be on the ticket, because the Great Plains don't have that many blue states that would affect a shift in EC numbers. You may look towards the midwest states, like Ohio, Michigan, TN, KY.....

I don't think Mitt or Huckleberry will be selected....

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I think he must select a VP that will help with the more conservative voters - get them motivated to vote for the ticket. You also must look at the EC states that will help ensure the ticket get the majority. There are specific states they will not carry, like CA, IL, and MA, so the other person must be a good draw for a region... I don't believe the MN gov will be on the ticket, because the Great Plains don't have that many blue states that would affect a shift in EC numbers. You may look towards the midwest states, like Ohio, Michigan, TN, KY.....

I don't think Mitt or Huckleberry will be selected....
    It would be (future)political suicide for Mitt to accept VP under McCain. The reps haven't yet hit bottom.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
    It would be (future)political suicide for Mitt to accept VP under McCain. The reps haven't yet hit bottom.
    Rush, what is the answer ???

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerus
    Rush, what is the answer ???
    I just hope Romney or Thompson don't accept VP.(or any other conservative, for that matter, as that will likely spell the end of their future presidential aspirations)
    For those who want McCain to be pres, he will only win if Obama is the dem nominee, IMO.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
    I just hope Romney or Thompson don't accept VP.(or any other conservative, for that matter, as that will likely spell the end of their future presidential aspirations)
    For those who want McCain to be pres, he will only win if Obama is the dem nominee, IMO.
    I agree, Obama is the republicans best chance to recapture the White House..

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Big Red Ron's Avatar
    vCash

Colin Powell
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,
    a thousand victories. - Sun Tzu (500 B.C.)

vCash

Mitt is begging for it behind the scenes. His argument is that he'll carry Michigan and maybe help in Wisconsin. Problem is that we lose southern states that are usually Republican due to apathy and low turn out. States like Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri, Louisiana, South Carolina, Alabama, with high numbers of Dems but trend Republican since Reagan could swing Dem.

In short, I don't think Romney has a shot because he's a not a social conservative. He could be be in the cabinet but no chance for VP.
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Ron
    Mitt is begging for it behind the scenes. His argument is that he'll carry Michigan and maybe help in Wisconsin. Problem is that we lose southern states that are usually Republican due to apathy and low turn out. States like Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri, Louisiana, South Carolina, Alabama, with high numbers of Dems but trend Republican since Reagan could swing Dem.

In short, I don't think Romney has a shot because he's a not a social conservative. He could be be in the cabinet but no chance for VP.
    Colin Powell would be a good "yes" man for mcCain. That ticket could definitely beat Obama. I still think Hellery would beat McCain-Powell. Who do you think she will pick for VPOTUS?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Ron
    Colin Powell
    I don't belive it will be Colin... no upside.

Some names include: Thompson, Colburn, Mich Daniels, John Engler, Bill Frist, or Olevet

vCash

I don't belive it will be Colin... no upside.

Some names include: Thompson, Colburn, Mich Daniels, John Engler, Bill Frist, or Olevet
    I dunno, in these danderous times a couple of military hero types might just be what we need to preserve our way of life. I think some skull cracking is in order.
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerus
    I agree, Obama is the republicans best chance to recapture the White House..
    See, I think Hillary is. If Obama and Richardson ticket-up and don't self destruct it could be all over. Because Obama's healthcare plan isn't "mandatory" like Hillary's. A couple groups you can't buck openly and survive. One of them is the AMA.