Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerus's Avatar
    vCash

I really think Hillary...

will be the nominee and probably the next president..

vCash

Re: I really think Hillary...

For once, you sir, are correct.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member LosAngelesSooner's Avatar
    Rubbing elbows with all the beautiful people.
    vCash

Well, despite all the "Doom and Gloomers" on here, I think the ol' U.S. of A. will be fine with McCain, Obama or even Clinton. Any of those three will be good stewards and won't mess things up too much (IMHO). They're all smart, savvy, strong and I think that all three will listen to both reason and to what "the people" say/ask for/demand.

The rest is just "in the details," really.
    Reluctantly double secret Ninja-Maverick member of the Posse (in protest). That's right...Ice...Man...I AM dangerous.

"You have to be aware that there's a line where legitimate concerns begin to collapse into paranoid fantasy." - David Frum, Conservative author and speechwriter for President George W. Bush

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tommieharris91's Avatar
    vCash

And I think the Dems would make a huge mistake in giving the nom to Hillary...I think the Repubs will come out in full force to fight the dictator if hse gets the nom... I think they should nominate Obama if they wanna win...
    "If your dream ain't bigger than you, there's a problem with your dream." -Deion Sanders

SoonerFans.com Elite Member LosAngelesSooner's Avatar
    Rubbing elbows with all the beautiful people.
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tommieharris91
    And I think the Dems would make a huge mistake in giving the nom to Hillary...I think the Repubs will come out in full force to fight the dictator if hse gets the nom... I think they should nominate Obama if they wanna win...
    I agree with that as well.

I think that Obama, strategically, is the best option for the Democrats if they want to win the White House. He won't stir the passions of the Republicans to get out and vote AGAINST him like Hillary would against herself. McCain would lose that extra OOMPH in voter turnout that Hillary would give him from the ultra-right Republicans.

If the Democrats nominate Hillary (which I think they will) then McCain has a very good chance of being the next POTUS. If they nominate Obama, then I think Obama takes it. If the Republicans nominate Romney (which I don't think they will) then Hillary will clean his clock and Obama would win solidly over Romney, but not with a landslide.

Of course, that's just my opinion. It's really impossible to predict these things.
    Reluctantly double secret Ninja-Maverick member of the Posse (in protest). That's right...Ice...Man...I AM dangerous.

"You have to be aware that there's a line where legitimate concerns begin to collapse into paranoid fantasy." - David Frum, Conservative author and speechwriter for President George W. Bush

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerus

God help us if that happens, I really think as a Republican that if the Democrats want to take the White House they need Obama as their nomination
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Collier11
    God help us if that happens, I really think as a Republican that if the Democrats want to take the White House they need Obama as their nomination
    I dunno folks. I'm not sure this country is ready for a black president. I'm not even sure if it's ready for a woman president.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OUAndy1807's Avatar
    vCash

I think there are a lot of older dems that say that they would vote for a woman, but once they got into the voting booth would have real problems voting for her. Also, it's a little hard to run on "change" when the Clinton brothers are your candidate.

I think that with the choices that the democrats have made in their primaries, they have let the reps back into this thing. When this all started, I thought the election was a slam dunk for the democrats,

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Okla-homey
    I dunno folks. I'm not sure this country is ready for a black president. I'm not even sure if it's ready for a woman president.

I could be wrong but I definitely get the feel that the democratic voters are trending away from Hillary, they are afraid of a woman when it call comes down to it and the fact that she is a CLinton people are wanting something new
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUAndy1807
    Also, it's a little hard to run on "change" when the Clinton brothers are your candidate.
    yeah, seems to be the case that Hil is screwing the pooch on that one....out of desperation bringing Bill back and doing a "back to the 90's/rah rah change" thing that's barely coherent. Obama sort of has the "change" thing monopolized so Hil's cards are all on the table. also doesn't help her "independent woman" perception. this is her only chance, prolly.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member crawfish's Avatar
    vCash

I, for one, welcome our new lesbian neocon overlord.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member dolemitesooner's Avatar
    vCash

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I'm not opposed to a woman being president, but I'm sure as heck opposed to THIS woman being president!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Okla-homey
    ...and we have a winner.

That being said: I think the country might be willing to elect a woman president, just not Hillary. As for a black president? Not yet.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

Re: I really think Hillary...will be the nominee and probably the next president..
    If that happens, I'm going to give myself a huge paycut so I can get twice as much.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member VeeJay's Avatar
    vCash

I quit my job because I won't need the employer-paid healthcare.

I'll work somewhere less stressful and with more meaning - helping mankind and whatnot. Profit is the debil.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

Will. Not. Happen.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/...oll/index.html

Obama gaining significant momentum.

Here's the problem with that notion. Hillary starts with fully 40% (not Republicans only either) of likely voters who say they will not vote for her. She also begins with the highest unfavorable rating by any candidate for President in modern history.

If she is the nominee, Dem's can forget it. Which is why the fring right is so worried about McCain v. Clinton.

vCash

Conservative Stuff Re: I really think Hillary...

The reason this race is so darn interesting is comments like "I'm not sure whether this Country is ready for a Woman or a Black President".

It's a valid statement.

The thing is...it's needs modification IMHO.

I'm not sure that America is ready for another Republican in Office and having a Woman and a Black Candidate makes it a total cr*p shoot.