Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

McCain vs. 2ND AMENDMENT

MCCAIN ATTACKS GUN OWNERS! -

McCain "sponsored the McCain/Lieberman gun show bill, which would have given the federal government the administrative power to prohibit all gun shows, and to register everyone who attends a gun show."

-- Dave Kopel: 2d Amt Project

ALSO:

Supported anti-gun Schumer amendment: Sen McCain voted for an amendment offered by the anti-gun Sen. Charles Schumer of New York that would have restricted the legitimate transfer of firearms over the internet. (Source: Congressional Record 5/14/99, p. S5327.)

Voted to expand The Brady Law: McCain voted to extend the restrictions of the Brady bill to pawn shops and gun repair shops.(Source: Congressional Record 5/20/99, p.S5642.)

Supported Clinton Gun Control: John McCain voted AGAINST efforts to kill the Clinton gun control package, which contained al kinds of new gun restrictions, including a ban on many kinds of private gun sales. (Source: Congressional Record 7/28/99, P. S9451.)

-- Gunowners of America

There's your one-issue candidacy, 2nd Amendment folks!
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

MICHAEL REAGAN on McCain

John McCain Hates Me

Friday, February 1, 2008

By: Michael Reagan

Until last night, when I watched the Republican debate, I had no idea how much John McCain dislikes me and just about everybody else but Rudy Giuliani, who, if you believe The New York Times, is a pretty good hater himself.

As I watched McCain and Gov. Romney go at it during the debate at the Reagan Library, I was struck by the huge gap that separates McCain — whose contempt for his fellow humans is patently obvious — and my dad, Ronald Reagan, who had nothing but the deepest affection and respect for the American people.

The feeling is mutual between McCain and me. I don’t like the way he treats people. You get the impression that he thinks everybody is beneath him. He seems to be saying, “I was a war hero, and you had damn well better treat me as your superior.”

He has contempt for conservatives who he thinks can be duped into thinking he’s one of them, despite such blatantly anti-conservative actions as his support for amnesty for illegal immigrants, his opposition to the Bush tax cuts which got the economy rolling again, and his campaign finance bill which skewed the political process and attacked free speech.

I am appalled by his contempt for the intelligence of his listeners when he flat-out lies and expects them to believe what he says even when the truth is staring them in the face.

A prime example cited by columnist Robert Novak was McCain’s denial that he had privately suggested that Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito was too conservative, insisting that he recalled saying no such thing, adding that Alito was a "magnificent" choice.

“In fact,” wrote Novak, “multiple sources confirm that the senator made negative comments about Alito nine months ago.”

In last night’s debate, McCain stubbornly defended his charge, false on the face of it, that Romney wanted a deadline for withdrawing U.S. troops from Iraq.

"I have never, ever supported a specific timetable" for withdrawing troops, Romney said, adding that McCain's accusation on the eve of Tuesday's primary "sort of falls into the dirty tricks that I think Ronald Reagan would have found reprehensible."

What Romney said last April, was merely that U.S. and Iraqi leaders "have to have a series of timetables and milestones that they speak about" in private, which in no way suggests he was in any sense talking about troop withdrawals.

Despite the evidence, McCain charged that "of course he said he wanted a timetable" for a withdrawal, even though he had never said any such thing. It was McCain daring to ask us if we wanted to believe our lying eyes or his demonstrably false allegation.

McCain must think conservatives are dumb enough to allow him to get away with claiming he’s one of them.

This is from a man who opposed drilling for oil in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska and who twice voted against President Bush’s tax cuts and sponsored the campaign-finance reform legislation that Romney claimed "took a whack at the First Amendment."

In John McCain’s eyes, conservatives are the Viet Cong of this generation and he treats us as such. It’s either his way or no way.

© 2008 Mike Reagan
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: MICHAEL REAGAN on McCain

Is he the gay one?
    Boomer Sooner

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Whet's Avatar
    vCash

Good piece, although I doubt it will get much play in the MSM because McCain is THEIR appointed Republican candidate.

Unfortunately, Stupor Tuesday provides the opportunity for McCainesque candidates getting an almost unsurmountable lead over other, possibly better candidates, towards the nomination.

I don't understand how the Repub primary voters can look at McCain and believe he best represents the party! No tax cuts, McCain/Feingold, lovey-dovey with creepy Mrs. Heinz husband during the last Pres. election, and his "I deserve this" attitude should cause the voters to pause and think before voting for him..... But, he IS the media (and Dems) darling..... That, in itself, should cause concern!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KaiserSooner's Avatar
    vCash

As long as the Republicans choose a candidate they can't agree on, I'll be a very happy camper.

And right now, I'm getting happier by the day.

vCash

Re: McCain vs. 2ND AMENDMENT

Where have all the gun-totin' social liberals gone?

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserSooner
    As long as the Republicans choose a candidate they can't agree on, I'll be a very happy camper.

And right now, I'm getting happier by the day.

I'm almost to the point I hope Hillary gets into office & the Dems get EXACTLY what they've asked for.

Guns & God clinger-to'er.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Ann Coulter was on Hannity & Combes (sp?) the other night saying that she would vote for Hilary before McCain. That she was "more conservative, and you knew when she was lying, unlike Senator McCain."

Alan (liberal)Combes leaned back & said, "My work here is done."

I am a Republican, but I don't like anyone in this group.

Either way the SB68 gun count is going up substantially this year.

Guns & God clinger-to'er.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Harry Beanbag's Avatar
    vCash

Zeus for President!!!1!!!1

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KaiserSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBorn68
    I'm almost to the point I hope Hillary gets into office & the Dems get EXACTLY what they've asked for.
    I'm not for Hillary, but I will vote for her in the general if I have to.

vCash

Same here.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserSooner
    I'm not for Hillary, but I will vote for her in the general if I have to.
    It ain't often we agree.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonerscuba
    Is he the gay one?
    That would be Ron Reagan jr.

vCash

It would be worse for the country for McCain to take the country down than it would for Hellery or Obama, IMO, for sure.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

There aren't many people out there that like Michael Reagan anyway.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

SoonerFans.com Elite Member 85Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

OBAMA OR HILLARY WILL be elected and it will be one of the worst four years in american history ensuring a swing back to the right for real and that we will not see another women or black president for another 50 years.

Dick Morris.
    OBAMA= One Big A** Mistake America!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member 85Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Nice photo, wonder why there are no Clintons in the "picture"

http://islamichope.org/
    OBAMA= One Big A** Mistake America!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jimminy Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
    That would be Ron Reagan jr.
    I thought he was Chinese?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 r5TPsooner's Avatar
    vCash

No doubt about that.
    "The true genius shudders at incompleteness and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should Be."
    -Edgar Allan Poe