Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

For the record...

I have chosen my guy.

"Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Flagstaffsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: For the record...

yup, me too.

Is it just me, or does Hukabee look like RMN?
    posse member

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SanJoaquinSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by SanJoaquinSooner
    Good choice.
    If this guy agrees--it's the wrong choice.

Guns & God clinger-to'er.

Emma's Daddy! SoonerStormchaser's Avatar
    vCash

I'll support whomever the Republican nominee is. At this point, there's things about all of them I don't like. I just hope whoever it is can beat the pants off of HRC/BHO.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerStormchaser
    I'll support whomever the Republican nominee is. At this point, there's things about all of them I don't like. I just hope whoever it is can beat the pants off of HRC/BHO.
    IMHO, McCain is the most electable guy in the elephant herd. That's why I'm going with him. He's moderate on many social issues, but has taken a firm stance on the most important issues to me; GWOT, support for veterans, 2d amendment rights, leaving healthcare alone. He also gets a cred in my book for five years in the Hanoi Hilton. His service at the tip of the spear makes him a "do-er," not a "talker."

McCain v. HRC could be a nail-biter. McCain v. BHO would be a blow-out win for John.
    Last edited by Okla-homey; 1/27/2008 at 10:24 AM.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

SoonerFans.com Elite Member VeeJay's Avatar
    vCash

McCain sometimes tries to come off as a one-liner quipping Ronald Reagan - and it doesn't work for him. He seems a litle uncomfortable in that role.

I'd have no trouble supporting him 100% over Clinton, Barack, or that boob John Edwards. If anyone can reach across the aisle - and McCain has done it plenty - he's the man. A McCain presidency may soothe the seething hatred and polarization that exists between the two parties. IMO, that is desperately needed. A HRC presidency, with Chief Finger Wagger popping up at every turn, would only serve to alienate us worstest than we are now.

Bill's a$s chewing of reporters is a tired old act when he doesn't like the line of questioning. Doesn't he have a Foundation in Harlem to run? Who's minding the store while he's out stumping for the missus?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by VeeJay
    McCain sometimes tries to come off as a one-liner quipping Ronald Reagan - and it doesn't work for him. He seems a litle uncomfortable in that role.

I'd have no trouble supporting him 100% over Clinton, Barack, or that boob John Edwards. If anyone can reach across the aisle - and McCain has done it plenty - he's the man. A McCain presidency may soothe the seething hatred and polarization that exists between the two parties. IMO, that is desperately needed. A HRC presidency, with Chief Finger Wagger popping up at every turn, would only serve to alienate us worstest than we are now.

Bill's a$s chewing of reporters is a tired old act when he doesn't like the line of questioning. Doesn't he have a Foundation in Harlem to run? Who's minding the store while he's out stumping for the missus?
    IMHO, Bill's stumping, lambastes and other assorted screeds in defense of their co-presidency seems rather inconsistent with the notion HRC is a big girl, can take care of herself and is ready to be the decider-in-chief.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Big Red Ron's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBorn68
    Nah, even a broken clock is right twice a day.
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,
    a thousand victories. - Sun Tzu (500 B.C.)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Okla-homey
    IMHO, Bill's stumping, lambastes and other assorted screeds in defense of their co-presidency seems rather inconsistent with the notion HRC is a big girl, can take care of herself and is ready to be the decider-in-chief.
    i'd agree with that. though, i think Hillary turns off *a lot* of people on her own just because she seems like an unpleasant person.

though, i couldn't get real excited about McCain either. he seems like only marginally better than a GOP version of Dick Gephardt. kind of a survivor but not real exciting.

he's taken some interesting positions on the FCC and opening up licenses for small, independent broadcast, though. I'll give him that.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Petro-Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Whats McCains views on shutting the border down? Thats a big issue for me.

vCash

I have chosen my guy.

BTW, welcome to the club, Sir. "What's eight years between friends?"
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Petro-Sooner
    Essentially, build a wall. Find all employed illegals, make them pay some pretty stout fines. Then they apply for naturalization, while they continue at their jobs with a work visa. They go to the back of the line for citizenship, then eventually they become full citizens. All unemployed or criminal illegals found are deported.

It's actually the only really thought out position on our side.
    Last edited by Big Red Ron; 1/27/2008 at 01:29 PM.
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,

vCash

I quit voting Republican after G.H. Bush let up on Saddam.

I never voted for Clinton.

If the Repubs make McCain their man...

He's the best Candidate IMHO.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Petro-Sooner
    The guy is from AZ. He "gets it." I believe he favors ensuring the ones who are here are carrying their own weight in terms of taxes, and allowing them to become legal if they do so. This, while keeping new illegals out. IMHO, that is the most practical approach to the problem. As I've stated here before, we aren't about to round up 20 million people who haven't broken any other law and put them in camps enroute to deportation. That's just crazy talk.

from his website:

As president, I will secure the border. I will restore the trust Americans should have in the basic competency of their government. A secure border is an essential element of our national security. Tight border security includes not just the entry and exit of people, but also the effective screening of cargo at our ports and other points of entry.

But a secure border will contribute to addressing our immigration problem most effectively if we also:

- Recognize the importance of building strong allies in Mexico and Latin America who reject the siren call of authoritarians like Hugo Chavez, support freedom and democracy, and seek strong domestic economies with abundant economic opportunities for their citizens.

- Recognize the importance of a flexible labor market to keep employers in business and our economy on top. It should provide skilled Americans and immigrants with opportunity. Our education system should ensure skills for our younger workers, and our retraining and assistance programs for displaced workers must be modernized so they can pursue those opportunities

- Recognize the importance of assimilation of our immigrant population, which includes learning English, American history and civics, and respecting the values of a democratic society.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jimminy Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

Wise choice, homester.

vCash

I have chosen my guy.

Figures.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBorn68
    B-I-N-G-O

imo McCain as president is tantamount to ****ing on a dead cat

wont hurt it, wont help it

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jk the sooner fan
    imo McCain as president is tantamount to ****ing on a dead cat

wont hurt it, wont help it
    Eight years of McCain would ensure no uber-libs on the Supreme Court for the foreseeable future. You let BHO get in there and whoa nelly!