Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 The_Red_Patriot's Avatar
    vCash

Real Sports-Reggie Bush--Recorded phone calls

Thank you Yahoo Sports!! Keep fighting the fight.

Lloyd Lake recorded phone calls between him and Bush's father.

Here you go.. HBO Real sports

Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnkAI2xZ3r8

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vr7E...eature=related
    Last edited by The_Red_Patriot; 1/27/2008 at 04:46 AM.
    Be like Paul Thompson today!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Flagstaffsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Real Sports-Reggie Bush--Recorded phone calls

Good stuff. I hope they hang 'em high.
    posse member

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

USC today, SMU 30 years ago.

And, hopefully, the effect will be about the same.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

One thing I hope people remember- Lloyd Lake is not a sympathetic character either- he's a scumbag, too. His types could just as easily be hanging around Norman dangling cash at OU players.

Further, how messy could this get if it was determined that the money Lake gave Bush was dirty- drug money. I find it hard to believe that Lake had $30,000 legitimate dollars laying around after he got out of prison on drug charges to buy Bush a car.
    "Always" and "never" are words that should always be used sparingly and never without forethought. You're welcome.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SOONER STEAKER's Avatar
    vCash

Very srong stuff, USC will vacate same games, A National Championship and a Heisman. Keep pounding NCAA, keep pounding.
    Here I sit just a flexin, giving birth to another UT grad.

My stars! So, what is the NCAA waiting for? Have they issued a report or some kind of an update?

I said Biiiiiiiitch-- goingoneight's Avatar
    vCash

Nothing.

Will.

Happen.
    "One has to wonder about the structural integrity of the Vintage Cotton Bowl the last 14 years. There's been a lot of weight on that Oklahoma side."

Quote Originally Posted by goingoneight
    Nothing.

Will.

Happen.
    Surely, something has to happen.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SOONER STEAKER's Avatar
    vCash

Who can tell with the NCAA, that's why they are still digging for more info. I think they are looking for just more thn Bush, I think the NCAA wants to hammer SUC. Keep digging NCAA, keep digging.

Thay may also be looking into the McKnight-Bush phone call as well.
    Here I sit just a flexin, giving birth to another UT grad.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 KingDavid's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by goingoneight
    Nothing.

Will.

Happen.
    I used to think that. But the groundswell is too strong, now. I think at this point the NCAA will have to do something or risk losing the last shreds of credibility they have... if they have any, that is.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member colleyvillesooner's Avatar
    Out back...in the hot tub, you know, hanging out
    vCash

I'll believe something is going to happen when USC gets that official "Letter of Inquiry"
    Sometimes I think I drink alot, then I see, like, the Motley Crüe behind the music, and realize I'm a huge *****.

I said Biiiiiiiitch-- goingoneight's Avatar
    vCash

It can simply be swept under the "he's just a crazy ex-con" rug as far as Lloyd Lake is concerned. Also, there is a statue of limitations for something to be done and we aren't getting any farther away from it.
    "One has to wonder about the structural integrity of the Vintage Cotton Bowl the last 14 years. There's been a lot of weight on that Oklahoma side."

So, are some of you saying that you believe the NCAA has some sort of infatuation with USC?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerBOI's Avatar
    vCash

The fact that USC "could" face NCAA sanctions and possibly fewer televised games or no bowl games from the Bush scandal could affect a huge investment ESPN has made in USC and the Pac-10.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 KingDavid's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by MamaMia
    So, are some of you saying that you believe the NCAA has some sort of infatuation with USC?
    Nahh. Infatuation is too weak of a term. Not sure what I'd use here, but given how much the NCAA has at stake in keeping the fan base in the Pacific time zone on their tvs (who else really commands that sort of broad-based fan appeal West of Texas?), I'd say they're probably married or at least pregnant.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KingDavid
    I used to think that. But the groundswell is too strong, now. I think at this point the NCAA will have to do something or risk losing the last shreds of credibility they have... if they have any, that is.
    I agree with you 100%, the interest is now on both coasts and with so much pressure the NCAA will be compelled to do something. This recent article from the Orlando Sentinel newspaper illustrates the point and also sheds some light on what is going on with the NCAA investigation...

viii

Reggie Bush can run, but USC can't hide

David Whitley | SPORTS COMMENTARY
    January 24, 2008
    Reggie Bush's Heisman Trophy has been sent back for alterations. Instead of a stiff-arm, it will be holding its hand out for cash.

That's the increasingly obvious conclusion if you've been following this saga. It's full of sadness for USC fans, and the biggest injustice is how they'll pay a larger price than Bush.

The NCAA can't touch him now. If it could, it would have had to reach this week to the Sundance Film Festival, where Bush was making the rounds with socialite girlfriend Kim Kardashian.

David Whitley Bio | E-mail | Recent columns In case you're not up on such things, she's the daughter of Robert Kardashian. He was the lawyer standing in front of O.J. Simpson when the verdict was read. The "I Can't Believe It!" look on his face is forever priceless.

Kardashian died in 2003, but his daughters live on with the reality show Keeping Up With The Kardashians. I've never had the pleasure of watching, but last season's shows revolved around Kim posing for Playboy, Khloe getting arrested for DUI and Kourtney having a pregnancy scare.

Meanwhile, Bush was the subject of an HBO Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel story Tuesday night. A book has just been published detailing the payoffs he received while in college.

It's quite the scandal, but most of America seems more interested in keeping up with the Kardashians. That's a shame because Bush serves as a classic cautionary tale to college football fans.

The way the system is set up, the guilty often go free and the innocent are left to pay the price. That will be the case if the NCAA finds Bush took almost $300,000 during his senior season.

That also presumes USC didn't know about it, a leap of logic we'll get to in a minute. But there seems to be little doubt Bush was on the take.

His main accuser is Lloyd Lake, an ex-con-turned-agent. Lake isn't the most credible witness, but he was smart enough to tape conversations he had with Bush and his family.

"I got cash. You can prove nothing," said LaMar Griffin, Bush's stepfather.

Documents also show he got to live in a $750,000 home. All this is spelled out in the book Tarnished Heisman, by Tallahassee-based writers Don Yaeger and Jim Henry.

The NCAA has been investigating the case since 2005, but Lake didn't come forward until late last year. Yaeger has listened to the tapes and says they are highly incriminating.

"Reggie Bush made more money that year than June Jones did coaching Hawaii," he said. The question then becomes whether USC knew about the money. Or did it not want to know?

In his last season on campus, Bush upgraded from a junky truck to a tricked-out Impala. That doesn't mean he was guilty of anything, but USC apparently didn't even think it was worth looking into.

"Bush just completely thumbed his nose at everybody," Yaeger said.

USC is pleading ignorance, and the defense might work. Either way, if the NCAA finds Bush guilty, USC will probably have to forfeit games from 2004 and 2005. Bye-bye national championship.

It would also face sanctions, including possible scholarship reductions and bowl bans. That means players who were in high school when Bush was at USC will be punished. As will fans who had no idea just how slick Bush really was as he made all those tacklers miss.

As for Bush, he could have to give back the 2005 Heisman, since technically he would have been ineligible to even play. Some of his corporate sponsors might not like that, but Bush isn't likely to suffer too much.

He has a $60 million contract. His jersey is one of the NFL's hottest sellers. He's hanging out with the Beautiful People, and nobody seems to be all that upset.

Maybe the book and HBO will generate a little outrage, but I'm skeptical. It reminds me of an early episode of Keeping Up With The Kardashians.

What is it about ex-USC tailbacks who won Heismans and are accused of very questionable behavior?

In the end, they always seem to get away with it.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member soonerhubs's Avatar
    vCash

It's funny to see all the comments posted after that article defending Bush. What state would you think they are from?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Soonerfan88's Avatar
    vCash

The "Letter of Inquiry" has already been sent and the NCAA is currently conducting its investigation. But no one is getting much information because USC is a private institution and therefore not subject to FOIA. So the LA Times can't get copies of all the documents flowing back and forth like DO did with OU. Exactly how cooperative USC or the Pac-10 has been we also don't know.

The NCAA is currently waiting on the depositions and other evidence from the Lake/Bush trial. This is info the NCAA would be unable to demand on its own as they have no subpoena power.

Ready for Baseball Season tulsaoilerfan's Avatar
    vCash

Reggie Bush will never amount to more than a mediocre RB in the NFL; all hype, no substance