Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Juno?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Juno?

seen it? Saw the young star (Ellen Page) interviewed tonight. Amazingly well-grounded. Articulate and apparently very intelligent.

Movie is about a smart but quirky 16 y/o girl who decides to find out what secks is like with a boy in one of her classes, and, well...yep. One time was all it took. She then embarks on a plan to find the right adoptive parents in her town.

Funny scene from the trailer: her character is being upbraided by an adult for being out late by telling her her parents are probably worried about where she is. She replies, "Um no, I'm already pregnant, so what other shenanigans can I get into?"

oh yeah, its an indy film, so you can enjoy it while stickingitto the spolied arse cry baby writers now on strike in Hollywood.

trailer:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0467406/trailers-me60557275
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

I said Biiiiiiiitch-- goingoneight's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Juno?

Does look kinda funny... but not worth going to a theater to see.
    "One has to wonder about the structural integrity of the Vintage Cotton Bowl the last 14 years. There's been a lot of weight on that Oklahoma side."

Brewmaster

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by goingoneight
    Does look kinda funny... but not worth going to a theater to see.
    Heh. I don't know about that - it's up for several awards.

Now, National Treasure 2 - there's a movie not worth paying to see.
    ... that's not food.

vCash

It looks good. I think it's also a pretty good message that the young girl is keeping the baby and adopting it out to good parents instead of running off to the nearest vacuum equipped clinic.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Melo's Avatar
    vCash

Saw it.
    Loved it.
    Though when she tells the parents shes preggo, they react... remarkably... calm and VERY much unlike how Id imagine my parents would react.

Still its good, has some incredibly funny moments.

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor
    It looks good. I think it's also a pretty good message that the young girl is keeping the baby and adopting it out to good parents instead of running off to the nearest vacuum equipped clinic.
    Yeah, I guess you haven't seen it.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 nmsoonergirl's Avatar
    vCash

There's a thread about this already, but I'm way too lazy to search for it.
    I went to see it against my will. I deal with teen pregnancy every freaking day at work, and really didn't see how the subject could make a good movie. However, I ended up enjoying it. I thought it was well done and really funny (I even liked the soundtrack enough to buy it--I think the soundtrack made c-p want to kill himself or something). I'd recommend the movie wholeheartedly.
    Don't believe everything you think.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rich
    Yeah, I guess you haven't seen it.
    Right. I said it 'looked good' not 'it was good.'

Did she end up aborting?

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

See, I figured you hadn't based on the fact that you got the plot almost exactly wrong. The first thing she does is go to an abortion clinic (though she can't go through with it) then it turns out the family she picks for the kid is actually lousy.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

vCash

See, I figured you hadn't based on the fact that you got the plot almost exactly wrong. The first thing she does is go to an abortion clinic (though she can't go through with it) then it turns out the family she picks for the kid is actually lousy.
    Well, then what I said isn't exactly incorrect...she still didn't abort the kid and regardless of how lousy the parents are she still (presumably) made an attempt to find good ones.

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

I know, it was just funny, 'cause "running out to find the nearest vacuum-equipped clinic" is pretty much exactly what she did.

vCash

I know, it was just funny, 'cause "running out to find the nearest vacuum-equipped clinic" is pretty much exactly what she did.
    The dude that plays her boyfriend, sperm donor, or whathaveyou seems to have a personality that reminds me a lot of myself.

I like the guy. The chick though reminds me of Janeane Garofalo only attractive.

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

Michael Cera is greatness. And Jeanine Garafolo was pretty cute when she was on Seinfeld, I thought.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member critical_phil's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by nmsoonergirl
    (I even liked the soundtrack enough to buy it--I think the soundtrack made c-p want to kill himself or something).

here is the church, here is the steeple
    we sure are cute for two ugly people

blah, blah, blah, blah....BANG!

for the record, i just gave the movie a meh. it was cute and funny in parts.

REALLY good movie.
    Sooner born, Still being bred...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

Great movie, great message I thought! The fact that such a tiny detail as fingernails helped her in the decision was Great! Really funny as well!
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

vCash

What about that new Godzilla movie "Cloverfield"...

That sounds pretty good.

vCash

I came down somewhere between 'meh' and 'REALLY good movie'.

Parts were very funny, the kid that plays her boyfriend always cracks me up, and some parts were just ok.

Soonerfans.com Elitist sooneron's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor
    The dude that plays her boyfriend, sperm donor, or whathaveyou seems to have a personality that reminds me a lot of myself.
    Except he got laid!

ba dum crash!!

sorry, hanging curve ball ...
    Oh sweet jesus. Its like watching the special olympics in high definition on here now.
    Soonerinabilene

SoonerFans.com Elite Member The Maestro's Avatar
    vCash

Go see Juno...that girl should win an Oscar for her role. She nailed it. Great lines throughout the movie...her dad and stepmom are great characters, too.

One of the best movies I have seen in a long time.
    “It never changes. Football is a game of repetition, mental and physical. You may try to articulate it a little different, but it's the same thing: Get better players, make fewer mistakes, and drill the fundamentals into your players' heads. The rest of it is a joke. Teams aren't winning because of what they had for breakfast or what some coach said in the locker room.” - Barry Switzer