Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Chuck Bao's Avatar
    vCash

OU Women vs. the Pokes

I'm really sorry if this thread has already been started, but I'm not getting this at all. 18 points behind?

Let's go Sooners.

75-57 with 4:04 left?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Newbomb Turk's Avatar
    vCash

Re: OU Women vs. the Pokes

osu is a much improved team. us, not so much.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

We can't shoot, defend, or hold onto the ball, and the refs are decidedly in OSU's pocket. Just a terrible day overall.

vCash

We haven't lost this bad since...what?

We need to pull it back together.

vCash

This is an old fashioned beat down.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tommieharris91's Avatar
    vCash

Why did you start this thread?
    "If your dream ain't bigger than you, there's a problem with your dream." -Deion Sanders

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 jdsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Looks like 2008 is not our year.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Bao
    We haven't lost this bad since...what?

We need to pull it back together.
    We haven't lost this badly since Michigan State 2 years ago. Embarrassing to lose to such a mediocre team, but I get the feeling it won't be such a good game for the Lady Cowboys in Norman later this season.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tommieharris91
    Why did you start this thread?
    why not?

vCash

There are a lot of ugly people and clothes in that crowd.
    There's a woman on the bench who looks like she could be Mrs. Robert Allen!

vCash

Why? Because I'm a big fan of our team, win or lose.

I finally got CSTV radio thing to work and it took me a while to read through threads on the board. It's 9am Sunday morning here.

I'm hoping that someone will start threads in the future for better luck.

Ahem...Turk, jdsooner, silverwheels, cam, tommieharris91?

vCash

I considered starting a thread for the game but we were so far down already I didn't see the point. As soon as the Jags-Pats game was on, I switched it over to that.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by silverwheels
    I considered starting a thread for the game but we were so far down already I didn't see the point. As soon as the Jags-Pats game was on, I switched it over to that.
    same here.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Bao
    I'm hoping that someone will start threads in the future for better luck.

Ahem...Turk, jdsooner, silverwheels, cam, tommieharris91?
    usually TD2k will start a thread. I'm thinking her back is still bothering her, or she is feeling better and went to the game.

vCash

STILLWATER, Okla. (AP) -- Andrea Riley scored a career-high 45 points and No. 25 Oklahoma State ended its longest losing streak ever in the ****** rivalry by knocking off sixth-ranked Oklahoma 82-63 on Saturday night.

With the teams both in the Top 25 for the first time ever in the 80-game series, Riley and the Cowgirls (14-1, 2-0 Big 12) were in control from the beginning.

Riley scored all 14 of Oklahoma State's points during one second-half stretch, extending the lead to 57-38 with a 3-pointer from the left wing and the lead reached as many as 23 at one point.

Riley got both of Oklahoma's point guards in deep foul trouble with drives to the basket and was equally deadly from long range, going 4-for-7 from 3-point range. Late in the game, Oklahoma (10-3, 1-1) tried to double-team the speedy guard as she brought the ball upcourt but it only resulted in more fouls 30 feet away from the basket.

Riley's 45 points were the most ever scored by a Cowgirls player at Gallagher-Iba Arena and the second-most in school history, behind Donna Ridling's 51 against Tulsa in 1978.

Fans stormed the court after the game, and coach Kurt Budke -- who wore a bright orange sportcoat -- shouted into a microphone to thank the crowd of 13,611.

"We could not have done this tonight without the greatest crowd in America," Budke said. "I think tonight we might have seen the best player in the conference in Andrea Riley."

Courtney Paris, who scored 41 points in Oklahoma's win last season in Stillwater, had 15 points and 19 rebounds for her 74th consecutive double-double. Amanda Thompson added 18 points and Nyeshia Stevenson scored 10.

Danielle Green posted 17 points and a career-best 12 rebounds for Oklahoma State, which drew its first-ever sellout for a women's game after Sooners coach Sherri Coale predicted there would be more fans wearing crimson than orange during the game.

That had been the case for most of Oklahoma's 17-game winning streak against Oklahoma State, which included wins by double figures in their last 11 meetings. Not this time.

With the crowd behind them, the Cowgirls sped out to a 9-0 lead and were never really challenged on the way to their first ****** win since March 2, 1999.

The Sooners couldn't get anything going from outside -- going 5-for-20 from 3-point range -- and struggled to get the ball to Paris between double- and triple-teams.

The Cowgirls scored the final four points of the first half and then got back-to-back baskets from Riley after halftime to stretch their lead to 34-17.

The 17 first-half points scored by the Sooners were their lowest total in a half since they had only 12 in the second half of a 72-36 loss at Texas on Feb. 26, 2005.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member The Maestro's Avatar
    vCash

Apparently, the OU women miss Stacey Dales. So do I.
    “It never changes. Football is a game of repetition, mental and physical. You may try to articulate it a little different, but it's the same thing: Get better players, make fewer mistakes, and drill the fundamentals into your players' heads. The rest of it is a joke. Teams aren't winning because of what they had for breakfast or what some coach said in the locker room.” - Barry Switzer

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SOONER STEAKER's Avatar
    vCash

OSU' Riley couldn't miss. Next time we play them in Norman, I will volunteer to Jeff Galooly her knee.
    Here I sit just a flexin, giving birth to another UT grad.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

In Big 12 football, fans are not allowed on the field. Why are fans allowed on the court at OSU? Or is it not a rule? Did OSU girls shake hands of Sooners after the game? And did the coaches shake hands? What is the deal with sportsmanship at OSU?

An old football coach told his players that when they scored a touchdown to act like they had been in the endzone before. Can the OSU cowgirls and fans act like they have won a game before?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SOONER STEAKER's Avatar
    vCash

Yu would ahve thought the Pukes won the Super Bowl. Some fans put Riley on there shoulders. I hope the OU women noticed it, that way they will play more inspired when they come to Norman minus Riley after I Galooley her in the knee.
    Here I sit just a flexin, giving birth to another UT grad.

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

Let us hope this is bad karma day. Better to get it out of the sysem now then at the tournament.
    Sooner Father and roud to be a financial part of the Bir Maroon Machine.

Kappa Sigma since 1980 and proud of it.