Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Oklahoma/Kansas Monday Night

I really hope we use the KSU game as a stepping stool for our bench-We are really going to need them come Monday night. I am really looking forward to see what Capel does with the team today. -And if you live in Norman-Please start going to the games. It sucks watching the game with the LNC empty.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SleestakSooner's Avatar
    In a cardboard box... down by the Dempsey Dumpster.
    vCash

Re: Oklahoma/Kansas Monday Night

Preach on brother! Oh and could you put $50 down on OU to cover today... TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by pokefun
    it is not natural to be optimistic and a cowboy fan unless it is the off season.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OKC-SLC's Avatar
    vCash

I have the inside track on some tickets for the OU/KU game Monday night (I live in KC). I've got my fingers crossed.

vCash

Its going to be a tough task-KU is really good. I am really looking forward to the 2010 game there when Capel has his system and recruits really going.
    alumni.ou.edu

"....Spaulding get your foot off the boat!"

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tommieharris91's Avatar
    vCash

I hope we can stay within 20 of them. I also hope they don't have a player that can't miss a shot.
    "If your dream ain't bigger than you, there's a problem with your dream." -Deion Sanders

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas Sooner
    I really hope we use the KSU game as a stepping stool for our bench-We are really going to need them come Monday night. I am really looking forward to see what Capel does with the team today. -And if you live in Norman-Please start going to the games. It sucks watching the game with the LNC empty.
    It was a pretty good crowd today except on the west side, where it's always got empty seats. They need to let people take open seats in the lower level after 10:00 left in the first half, because if it's that well into the game, guess what, they probably aren't coming. It looks pretty dumb having most of the upper level almost full and the lower level having empty seats.
    Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    I may be wrong but it seems as if we may have gone for a fake PAT once since I've been at Baylor. Although I may have just been drunk and playing Xbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    Back off of Bob (Barry, Sr.). He's drank more beer, pissed more blood and banged more quiff than all of you numnut's put together.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tommieharris91
    I hope we can stay within 20 of them. I also hope they don't have a player that can't miss a shot.
    OU +17

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Rock Hard Corn Frog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas Sooner

Speaking of the bench. I only got to hear a little of the game Sat night. Obviously Clark is gone but did Cade Davis or Tony Neysmith play? The box score only listed 7 names. Were either/both sick or injured? We will need to play at least 8 or 9 players in some game. Even might need to get a few minutes out of Beau Gerber in a few games if we have early foul trouble.
    "My landmass erupts with kittens."

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Hard Corn Frog
    Speaking of the bench. I only got to hear a little of the game Sat night. Obviously Clark is gone but did Cade Davis or Tony Neysmith play? The box score only listed 7 names. Were either/both sick or injured? We will need to play at least 8 or 9 players in some game. Even might need to get a few minutes out of Beau Gerber in a few games if we have early foul trouble.
    Nope, Capel stuck with the 7 man rotation. And because Taylor was in foul trouble and Leary didn't play much, it was a REALLY short bench on Saturday.

I think Capel is making a mistake if he sticks with that. Not much he can do about the lack of size on the bench, so he is going to need to be creative and go smaller at times. The key is Davis. I think Capel needs to get him on the floor. And I think sometimes he'll need to get him on the floor in place of Longer or Blake. I know that sounds weird, but our two big men will need more rest time, and if it means we have to go small for short periods, then so be it.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 cheezyq's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUSKINS
    Nope, Capel stuck with the 7 man rotation. And because Taylor was in foul trouble and Leary didn't play much, it was a REALLY short bench on Saturday.

I think Capel is making a mistake if he sticks with that. Not much he can do about the lack of size on the bench, so he is going to need to be creative and go smaller at times. The key is Davis. I think Capel needs to get him on the floor. And I think sometimes he'll need to get him on the floor in place of Longer or Blake. I know that sounds weird, but our two big men will need more rest time, and if it means we have to go small for short periods, then so be it.
    Being in KC, I've only seen a very small bit of Cade Davis. I have yet to see him make a shot, outside or otherwise, and I've seen him responsible for a few turnovers. I tend to think that it's just freshman jitters and learning the college game, so I'm definitely not disagreeing with your assessment of Cade's abilities. But I certainly don't question Capel for thinking he's not ready yet.

Capel makes some decisions that leave me wondering "what the heck is he thinking", but I can't disagree with the results. Like you, I'd like to see him empty the bench a bit more and get these guys some playing time in some big games. But these last several games have been some of the most exciting Sooner BB games I've seen since the Tubbs era.

Quote Originally Posted by cheezyq
    Being in KC, I've only seen a very small bit of Cade Davis. I have yet to see him make a shot, outside or otherwise, and I've seen him responsible for a few turnovers. I tend to think that it's just freshman jitters and learning the college game, so I'm definitely not disagreeing with your assessment of Cade's abilities. But I certainly don't question Capel for thinking he's not ready yet.

Capel makes some decisions that leave me wondering "what the heck is he thinking", but I can't disagree with the results. Like you, I'd like to see him empty the bench a bit more and get these guys some playing time in some big games. But these last several games have been some of the most exciting Sooner BB games I've seen since the Tubbs era.
    Capel is a stud. OU is going to be VERY good (Final Four good) if we can get him to stick around. And I agree....this team is HIGHLY entertaining.

Davis is the best "pure" shooter on the squad, no doubt. Now, if he can't get open, can't handle the ball, and can't play defense, then being a "pure" shooter doesn't do much good. But with our current situation, I don't think it hurts to get a shooter in there from time to time.

This is one of those situations where even if Davis isn't "ready," he might still have to play.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

We could sure use Greasham or to walk-on and give use some inside muscle.If Loadholt has ANY ball skills we could use him too.
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

Just saw on the ESPN that we've lost 8 straight up in Lawrence and that KU is the only program in the Big 12 to have a winning record against us.

Just thought I'd share.

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

I put major Vcash on the Sooners..They just need to finish
    Bazinga

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

show some moxie too...and some swagger
    Bazinga

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Before this weekend, I figured this game would be a tough one given that Kansas is better and more talented, plus we haven't won a game up there since I was in fourth grade.

Now, I'm kind of worried about the quick turnaround between Saturday's game and tonight's. I think the guys left a lot on the court against k-state, and I'm just hoping they can bounce back and come up with something competitive against the rawk chalkers. For me, next Saturday's game against Tech is a big one. We'll be at home and have had a little extra rest (maybe be 0-2 in conference). IF we happen to lose tonight, a win over the Rai-duhs is a must.

vCash

unfortunately this is probably KU's best team in years. I really think this is one of the best big 12 basketball rivalries-We both usually have the best teams in the north/south, I also think it comes from '88.
    alumni.ou.edu

"....Spaulding get your foot off the boat!"

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by william_brasky
    Just saw on the ESPN that we've lost 8 straight up in Lawrence
    we *should* have won two years ago. we got jobbed in my opinion. Kaun is hacking and mugging the snot out of Taj in the paint for no call most of the last 10 minutes. while KU makes a "great" comeback.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

ku 81
    lads 66.

we're just not in the same league "yet".

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

I tend to agree, but I just can't shake the homerism. Go Sooners!
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.