Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Obama's church - Just thought this was interesting.

Obama mentioned his church during his appearance with Oprah. It's the Trinity Church of Christ. I found this interesting.
    Obama's church. Please read and go to this church's website and read what is written there. It is very alarming. Barack Obama is a member of this church and is running for President of the U.S. If you look at the first page of their website, you will learn that this congregation has a non-negotiable commitment to Africa. No where is AMERICA even mentioned. Notice too, what color you will need to be if you should want to join. Obama's church... B-L-A-C-K!!! Doesn't look like his choice of religion has improved much over his (former) Muslim upbringing. Are you aware that Obama's middle name is Mohammed? Strip away his nice looks, the big smile and smooth talk and what do you get? Certainly a racist, as plainly defined by the stated position of his church! And possibly a covert worshiper of the Muslim faith, even today. This guy desires to rule over America while his loyalty is totally vested in a Black Africa! I cannot believe this has not been all over the TV and newspapers. To think that Obama has even the slightest chance in the run for the presidency, is really scary. Click on the link below: This is the web page for the church Barack Obama belongs to.

www.tucc.org/about.htm

vCash

Re: Obama's church - Just thought this was interesting.

Is this any different than any other denomination that has mission commitments to other parts of the world? My Church in rural Nebraska had a strong commitment to Africa as well. Ethnic ties are part of most old style denominations as well as missions to developing nations.
    For the good old American lifestyle: For the money, for the glory, and for the fun... mostly for the money.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 jeremy885's Avatar
    vCash

So now people shouldn't vote for Obama because he's Christian
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetdigger
    Given that 90% + of the comments on this board are not serious, I think that the true error is to assume that someone IS serious when they make a comment. Rather, assuming they were NOT serious should be the bias. The fabric of the board is really not too complex

I suggest you click the link and browse. You can't be a member unless you are black.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 jeremy885's Avatar
    vCash

It doesn't say you have to be black.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetdigger
    Given that 90% + of the comments on this board are not serious, I think that the true error is to assume that someone IS serious when they make a comment. Rather, assuming they were NOT serious should be the bias. The fabric of the board is really not too complex

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mjcpr's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Civicus_Sooner
    I suggest you click the link and browse. You can't be a member unless you are black.
    Maybe it said big member.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Hot Rod's Avatar
    vCash

Where does it say this?
    Ahahahaha...I like it!

Emma's Daddy! SoonerStormchaser's Avatar
    vCash

So does this mean it's slightly above Westboro on the exclusion scale?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I can't be a member my mothers half dutch

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

I'm so glad people come up with new things for me to be afraid of and mad at. What would I do with myself otherwise?
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.

Administrator
    vCash

I wouldn't vote for Obama for a lot of other reasons than the fact he goes to a racist church. How bad would it suck when your choices are Hillary and Obama?

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by royalfan5
    Is this any different than any other denomination that has mission commitments to other parts of the world? My Church in rural Nebraska had a strong commitment to Africa as well. Ethnic ties are part of most old style denominations as well as missions to developing nations.

Your right but this church is a bit extremist.
    Bazinga

vCash

So? Trinity's mission is to serve a specific cultural segement. It's not uncommon in mainline denominations, especially as one as liberal as the UCC. As an example, in Omaha there are 16 Missouri Synod Lutheran Churches, including one that is especially for Sudanese refugees. Their focus is very much on Africa and their culture, in addition to being Lutheran.
    For the good old American lifestyle: For the money, for the glory, and for the fun... mostly for the money.

So? Trinity's mission is to serve a specific cultural segement. It's not uncommon in mainline denominations, especially as one as liberal as the UCC.
    Well, if I started a White-centric Church and said we have a non-negotiable commitment to Europe after leaving the equivalent of the Klu Klux Klan AND was running for POTUS. I doubt I'd be leading any polls even the warped Democrats.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

While I enjoyed your grossly overexaggerated diatribe, your argument is flawed on many levels. Clearly you didn't investigate very far, and likely stopped reading when you saw that the church used a slightly different perspective than a lot of 'mainstream' churches.

Essentially it's the same as "black" Baptist Churches all over the country, other than the name, and reflection upon history.

Dr. Wright’s talking points (3.1.7) for Trinity United Church of Christ its Web site and the Black Value System (in response to Erik Rush’s comments (2.28.07) on the Hannity and Colmes show):

• One of the biggest gaps in knowledge that causes the kind of ignorance that you hear spouted by this man [Erik Rush] and those like him, has to do with the fact that these persons are completely ignorant when it comes to the Black religious tradition. The vision statement of Trinity United Church of Christ is based upon the systematized liberation theology that started in 1969 with the publication of Dr. James Cone’s book, Black Power and Black Theology.

• Black theology is one of the many theologies in the Americas that became popular during the liberation theology movement. They include Hispanic theology, Native American theology, Asian theology and Womanist theology.

• I use the word “systematized” because Black liberation theology was in existence long before Dr. Cone’s book. It originates in the days of the Trans-Atlantic slave trade. It was systematized and published by theologians, Old Testament scholars, New Testament scholars, ethicists, church historians, and historians of religion such as Dr. James Cone, Dr. Cain Hope Felder, Dr. Gayraud Wilmore, Dr. Jacqueline Grant, Dr. Kelley Brown Douglas, Dr. Renita Weems, Dr. Katie Cannon, Dr. Dwight Hopkins, Dr. Linda Thomas, and Dr. Randall Bailey.

• These scholars, who write in various disciplines, also include seminary presidents like Dr. John Kinney and professors of Hebrew Bible, like Dr. Jerome Ross. Black liberation theology defines Africans and African Americans as subjects – not the objects which colonizers and oppressors have consistently defined “others” as.

• We [African Americans] were always seen as objects. When we started defining ourselves, it scared those who try to control others by naming them and defining them for them; Oppressors do not like “others” defining themselves.

To have a church whose theological perspective starts from the vantage point of Black liberation theology being its center, is not to say that African or African American people are superior to any one else.

African-centered thought, unlike Eurocentrism, does not assume superiority and look at everyone else as being inferior.

• There is more than one center from which to view the world. In the words of Dr. Janice Hale, “Difference does not mean deficience.” It is from this vantage point that Black liberation theology speaks.

Systematized Black liberation theology is 40 years old. Scholars of African and African American religious history show that Black liberation theology, however, has been in existence for 400 years. It is found in the songs, the sermons, the testimonies and the oral literature of Africans throughout the Diaspora.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

vCash

Well, if I started a White-centric Church and said we have a non-negotiable commitment to Europe after leaving the equivalent of the Klu Klux Klan AND was running for POTUS. I doubt I'd be leading any polls even the warped Democrats.
    It could be argued that most Christian Churches are white and euro-centric. Cultural Heritage plays a huge role in religion and to deny that is pretty short sighted. There are 75 UCC congregations in Chicago, and they all are going to fill a different niche.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

oh, and having early years of education in a 'muslim school' in a country like the Phillipines, and not being Muslim is akin to non catholics going to a private catholic school. It provided a better education in the particular location it was in. But feel free to grasp at more straws.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

my post count betrays me leavingthezoo's Avatar
    somewhere between normal and insane. NINSANE!
    vCash

this is dumb on so many levels.

It could be argued that most Christian Churches are white and euro-centric. Cultural Heritage plays a huge role in religion and to deny that is pretty short sighted.
    It could be argued but that doesn't make it true.

I don't even believe in God, so I think it's all a little silly. Killing in the name of God or Alla seems pretty asinine to me but he I'm just someone who calls a spade a spade (no pun intended).

Huckabee's religiosity bothers me even more.

And Romney's Mormonism is just as creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott D
    oh, and having early years of education in a 'muslim school' in a country like the Phillipines, and not being Muslim is akin to non catholics going to a private catholic school. It provided a better education in the particular location it was in. But feel free to grasp at more straws.
    He's admited to being raised a Muslim. I don't know why dems like to ignore his own admission.