Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SOONER STEAKER's Avatar
    vCash

McGuinness junior prospect Daniel Orton

Tonight, Bishop McGuinness opened up there new gym and Coach Billy Donovan from Florida was in town to watch Orton play agaisnt Tulsa Union. Orton shatters the backboard with :54 seconds left in the game. BM wins 60-50 as the game was callled agfterthe shattering.

My friend who sat behind, said Donovan couldn't beleive what he saw.

I hope OU is on this kid, he's 6'10" and weighs 225. Daniel's step brother, Terrance Crawford played at Okie State.

Does anyone know if Capel is recruitg this kid?
    Here I sit just a flexin, giving birth to another UT grad.

vCash

Re: McGuinness junior prospect Daniel Orton

I was at the game, it was one of the most ridiculous things I've seen. I never thought I would witness that live, much less at a high school game.

Orten is a consensus top 10 prospect in the Juinor class from the state of Oklahoma. There is no doubt Caple is recruiting him. The thing is is that he can go wherever he wants in the country. He's got the biggest wingspan I've ever seen, and he averages like 8 blocks a game, but he plays lazy and has a long way to go offensively
    AMERICA!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ash's Avatar
    vCash

OU has some big time competition for this guy, not just Florida.

vCash

Daniel does play lazy, but in summer ball, I've been told he runs the court well. If you bring the ball down the lane, he swats it into the stands or into the gym wall.

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Who's the gigantic kid from Lawton we've already got a commitment from?
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

Awesoministrator

vCash

We have a shot, but he's still a national recruit. Our assistant coach Oronde Taliaferro is his uncle, so I know he's familiar with our program. He comes to a lot of OU home games and plays pickup with some of our players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rich
    Who's the gigantic kid from Lawton we've already got a commitment from?
    And Orton has a good relationship with our 2009 verbal commitment Kyle Hardrick. He was from Lawton, but transferred to Norman just over a year ago. He's just coming off knee surgery, but looks like he's back at full speed. He had 12 points and 20 rebounds in a game last week.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OSUAggie's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino
    Our assistant coach Oronde Taliaferro is his uncle
    Not that it matters, but I thought they were cousins... ?

And steaker, despite Crawford, we're not in great shape with Orton.
    Last edited by OSUAggie; 1/5/2008 at 01:32 AM.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member AllAboutThe'O''s Avatar
    There she is, and I hope she's living where I is.
    vCash

I saw Orton and Bishop McG in the 4A finals against Roland last March and Orton was quite a stud as a sophomore.
    BTW, Capel and his former assistant, Rod Barnes, was at that game and they were sitting on the press table behind one basket. Presumably to see Orton.

vCash

OSUaggie, Why would a good kid like Orton want to go play for a school whose players are so stupid they try to get into bars wth fake ID's. With Shawn, the apple didn't fall far from daddies tree.

The word aound BM is that it's between Ohio State & Florida. But I'm hoping the new and improved OU basketball team will attract Orton to OU.

Boomer
    Last edited by SOONER STEAKER; 1/5/2008 at 04:22 AM.

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SOONER STEAKER
    Why would a good kid like Orton want to go play for a school whose players are so stupid they try to get into bars wth fake ID's. With Shawn, the apple didn't fa from daddies tree.
    Um, you referring to Lawrence MacKenzie, Drew Lavender, and Brandon Foust trying to get into the Woodshed a few years back?
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

vCash

corrected.

NO, talking about the OSU players. Can't think of there names though. Seems like the bar was Tumbleweeds or something like that. You remember, they had 3 arrest in like 2 moths?

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

Ah. Gotcha. Sure wish the knucklehead crew had talked to me before trying the 'Shed. I've seen 28-year-olds get denied there because the bouncer didn't believe their ID. Place is TIGHT.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 sooner518's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SOONER STEAKER

I hope OU is on this kid, he's 6'10" and weighs 225.
    Id love to see video of this play, or just video of this kid at all. Any links?

EDIT - Nevermind, I found one on the Rivals board. And heres video of the backboard shattering: http://www.newsok.com/video/brightco...lid=1111621425

His Rivals page lists him at 260, but he looks bigger than that to me.
    Last edited by sooner518; 1/5/2008 at 10:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bri
    NOW, WITNESS THE ORANGE POWER OF THIS FULLY OPERATIONAL HALF-EMPTY STADIUM!!!!!

vCash

BM program has him listed at 225, he looks 260 though. The kid is thick isn't he.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sooner518
    Id love to see video of this play, or just video of this kid at all. Any links?

EDIT - Nevermind, I found one on the Rivals board. And heres video of the backboard shattering: http://www.newsok.com/video/brightco...lid=1111621425

His Rivals page lists him at 260, but he looks bigger than that to me.
    I like how he shatters the board on a MISSED dunk.
    I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
    -Marshall McLuhan

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OUmillenium's Avatar
    vCash

He is big and strong. Not much on offense yet. Great at clogging the lane and a great shot blocker.

They beat us in the semis of the Tournament of Champions over Christmas break.

OU and OSU had coaches at the game watching him.

Word is Orton is Terrance Crawford (Bishop Mac and OSU) 's step brother so that would be a strong OSU connection. Thank goodness they suck right now and no legit player would want to play for drunk jr.
    Here lies Lester Moor
    4 slugs from a .44
    No Lester no more

That's no moon...

Awesoministrator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OSUAggie
    Not that it matters, but I thought they were cousins... ?
    I've heard both.
    And steaker, despite Crawford, we're not in great shape with Orton.
    Yep. I've heard Crawford isn't a very big fan of Sean.

We playin on the moon bitch, don't call me
    vCash

Orton doesn't do much offensively, but he can dominate on that end at the high school level whenever he's motivated. If you saw the ToC championship game, he got ****ed off at the end of the game against East Central and started pulling down offensive rebounds and hitting hook shots.

Still, he finished with like eight points and eight rebounds, so he's definitely a project. Nothing gets to the rim when he's down there, though. I'd love to see him next to (or replacing) Blake.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

I was at that game, and was not impressed at all. I mean if Billy Donovan had been to see me play ball in high school, I would have busted my butt so he could see me play my best. I left that game thinking this kid, might, play ball at UCO. I would not want him at OU. Too lazy and arrogant.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ash's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ucosooner
    I was at that game, and was not impressed at all. I mean if Billy Donovan had been to see me play ball in high school, I would have busted my butt so he could see me play my best. I left that game thinking this kid, might, play ball at UCO. I would not want him at OU. Too lazy and arrogant.
    Maybe. I have a hard time taking your opinion more seriously than all the D-1 coaches that think this guy has a lot of upside.