Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member TUSooner's Avatar
    Inside your monitor. Hit it with a hammer to release me and get 3 wishes.
    vCash

Anybody got GEICO auto insurance?

How is it?
    Allstate is bleeding me dry, especially since, as of 10:00 AM, I have 2 teenaged drivers on the policy.

And this is after almiost 30 years of Allstate !
    You tell me it's the institution. Well, you know, you'd better free your mind instead.
    (Shoo-bee doo-wah)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member soonerhubs's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Anybody got GEICO auto insurance?

I have Geico, it's cheap, but I can't vouch for the service. (Knocks on wood.)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Did you look at Progressive? Their rates are even lower than Geico (for me anyway). I've had one comprehensive claim (broken window), and was in an accident where the at-fault driver also had Progressive, and had no problems with them.
    I'm not happy until you're not happy.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member 1stTimeCaller's Avatar
    vCash

I had them for a few years and I think I had one claim. It was fairly easy and I liked them but I switched to Progressive in '06.
    one day

Quote Originally Posted by TUSooner
    How is it?
    Allstate is bleeding me dry, especially since, as of 10:00 AM, I have 2 teenaged drivers on the policy.

And this is after almiost 30 years of Allstate !
    I used them in the past, but once I added my car insurance to my home insurance it dropped so low that Geico couldn't even begin to beat it.

Look into doing that. Especially if you have multiple cars you can put on it.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sooner_born_1960's Avatar
    vCash

You need to look into emancipating your minors.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sooner_born_1960
    If he'd done less of that 16 years ago he wouldn't have this problem.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sanantoniosooner's Avatar
    vCash

I will vouch for Progressive. I had two accidents that were both my fault and they still treated me well and handled things VERY quickly.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sooner_born_1960
    I can see I've gotten all I'm going to get from this thread.
    GEICO is saving me more than 50% for the same coverage. I don't love Allstate enough to pay them $3600 (or so) a year more than GEICO charges.
    You tell me it's the institution. Well, you know, you'd better free your mind instead.
    (Shoo-bee doo-wah)

vCash

I don't love Allstate enough to pay them $3600 (or so) a year more than GEICO charges.

At first I though this said you were paying Allstate $3600 a year total, and I thought that was outrageous. Allstate would cost you $3600 more?!?! **** me. Do your children drive Lamborghinis or something?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by mdklatt

At first I though this said you were paying Allstate $3600 a year total, and I thought that was outrageous. Allstate would cost you $3600 more?!?! **** me. Do your children drive Lamborghinis or something?
    Allstate would charge me more that 3800 for 6 months, GEICO a little less than 1900 for 6. And the most valuable car we have is 2007 Camry!

I asked the GEICO guy how they could cost so much less, and I was waiting for him to say, "Simple - we never pay claims!" He just said they don't have a bad loss history in Louisana (probly because they never pay claims)

The Allstate lady mumbled something about "inferior product" but she was really half-hearted about it, good soul that she is.

I feel like I won a prize.

PS - Louisiana has ridiculous rates. One more reason I'm job hunting in Oklahoma.
    (Shoo-bee doo-wah)

vCash

I was in an accident about 9 months ago. The accident was not my fault and I took my car to a body shop run by a client of mine.

His first question was whether the lady who hit me had Geico insurance or not. I said "no, it's somebody else". He said "good, because Geico is horrible to work with". What they do, according to my client, is authorize cheap replacement parts instead of the manufacturers parts. If you drive a Lexus, Lexus has certain parts (mufflers, tailpipes, whatever) that are made specifically for those vehicles. Geico basically only authorizes cheaper parts. When you have a good auto body guy, he'll fight for you and get the manufacturers parts. If you don't, you're screwed.

After that conversation, I vowed I would never actually buy Geico insurance. I love their commercials, but I don't think much of their product.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Lott's Bandana's Avatar
    vCash

I have Geico...pleased with every aspect. They also treat Vets well since they used to be with the NCOA.

Brewmaster

vCash

PS - Louisiana has ridiculous rates. One more reason I'm job hunting in Oklahoma.
    Not trying to offend or anything, but if a lot of people pre-Katrina were carrying Allstate coverage, Allstate might have taken a HUGE beating down there.
    ... that's not food.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SoonerInKCMO's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by mdklatt
    Did you look at Progressive? Their rates are even lower than Geico (for me anyway). I've had one comprehensive claim (broken window), and was in an accident where the at-fault driver also had Progressive, and had no problems with them.
    I had Geico for a while and switched to Progressive after getting a quote on-line and seeing that it was about 10% cheaper (for me). I haven't had to make a claim, but the customer service people have been great whenever I've changed coverages or moved (in one case from one state to another).
    We have always known that heedless self-interest was bad morals; we know now that it is bad economics. FDR.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GottaHavePride
    Not trying to offend or anything, but if a lot of people pre-Katrina were carrying Allstate coverage, Allstate might have taken a HUGE beating down there.
    No offense. I think you may be right. Somebody told me the other day that Allstate was :trying to get out of LA." I doubt that, but I'm sure they have paid out a lot lately.
    (Shoo-bee doo-wah)

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SOONER STEAKER's Avatar
    vCash

I have had Geico, State Farm and All State. If your father wa in the military you need to look into USAA for car and home insurance. They are the cheapest that I have ever had.

My mom has had them for 40 ears, and they just sent her a $1,000 to show there appreciation for her long outstanding patronage of them. She applied that oney to home and auto insurance for the first 2 quarters of 2008.

United States Auto Association out of San Antonio.
    Here I sit just a flexin, giving birth to another UT grad.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Talking Re: Anybody got GEICO auto insurance?

This one time in Vietnam, I ate a little green lizard. So, I can recommend them!
    Or was it Band Camp?.....

LF
    Stone Cold Killer (so long as I can remember where I parked the tank.)

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

Shop around for sure. I had State Farm. Progressive was less on that particular car. Bought a new truck. Guide One was cheaper than Progressive on that vehicle.
    Bazinga

SoonerFans.com Elite Member 1stTimeCaller's Avatar
    vCash

I've had Progressive for about a year and a half now. I don't know how to say this and have it make sense but in April I switched from Progressive to Progressive through an insurance agent. Somehow adding the middleman made my rates go down.
    one day