Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member OUAndy1807's Avatar
    vCash

How old is too old to have kids....

I'm pretty I've asked this before, but how old is too old to have kids? Not literally too old to have kids, but logistically.

I'm 28, the wife is 27. We're in a position to comfortably have kids and we both think that we want to "some day". I always thought I would want them more when my buddies started having them or when we got a little older. Well, we're getting older and still have no desire to have them. We're not getting any closer.

And don't get me wrong, we're not a couple of *******s. We like our friend's kids, just don't really want some of our own.

Will I ever want kids? If so, how late is too late? I feel like we're getting close to the limit (even though I know that we're not)

vCash

Re: How old is too old to have kids....

I don't want to be the elder statesman at the PTA meetings either. I'm 34 and still don't know that I want kids so we may just not ever want them.

I'd say 50 is too old to have kids.

Spending time with my friends who have little toddler types confirms that I don't want them now. Sweet kids, but man what an awesome responsibility and change of lifestyle.

"Everyone wants a puppy...nobody wants a dog."

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

35 to 40 gets them out of college and you enough time to get ready to retire. Good luck kids are fun.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KABOOKIE's Avatar
    vCash

The longer you wait the older you'll be when they're in their room listening to THAT DAMN MUSIC.

vCash

the other big factor is that my parents have started to put on the full court press. they back off a little when I tell them that we'll have the kid if they'll take care of it.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member 1stTimeCaller's Avatar
    vCash

tell your mom that you're not really sure how to make a baby and it would be helpful if she had any tips.
    one day

vCash

I just got home from staying with My 2 grandsons , If I had of known how much fun they would be Id a had em 1st .
    I say Do not have a kid because someone else wants you to . Have a child Cause you are ready, willing and able to take on the responsibilty .
    As far as age goes ? a friend of mine is raising By jimself a 9 yr old daughter. Hes 64 .
    He loves her to death , But Im glad its him and not me .
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUAndy1807
    the other big factor is that my parents have started to put on the full court press.
    I'll never understand this. Between parents wanting desperately to be grandparents and so many miserable parents wanting everyone to join their ranks, what's up? My life is pretty complete right now.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TopDaugIn2000's Avatar
    vCash

my parents were 32 when I came along.

I'm 27 and have never had any desire to have children of my own. My nieces are close enough for me. I love on em for about an hour, tank em full of sugar, and send em home to my brother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri's Coach Stein
    "When I heard Shaq had been traded, I was hoping it had been for the Paris twins because they are ridiculous," Stein joked. "They're probably the two toughest post players to guard in the country."
    CLICK HERE ----->http://www.myartvideo.com

OR HERE------>http://www.myartvideo.com/forums

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Lightbulb Re: How old is too old to have kids....

NevAr, EvAr, let grandma/pa wannabes shame you into spawning. I mean it!!!
    However, there are an awful lot of kids out there who need a loving and safe home. Why not consider adoption when the time comes? No greater gift, my friend, no greater gift.
    'Sides, researchers at a respected university have determined that obtaining a child via adoption never results in stretch marks, 'roids, flat feet, varicose veins, or sagging tittays. (At least not on the female partner.)

LF
    Family Counselor
    Member, Catsup Advisory Council

vCash

Never
    Kids are horrible little creatures.

vCash

I think this is a question that has to be handled completely, and 100% internally by the two people who are going to be the parents. If you have to ask for outside guidance, I would think that means that YOU don't want to that much.

If you are on the fence, and start asking others for advice then just keep things simple. Don't have kids, you can't return them if you don't like what you get.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Earickson
    I think this is a question that has to be handled completely, and 100% internally by the two people who are going to be the parents. If you have to ask for outside guidance, I would think that means that YOU don't want to that much.

If you are on the fence, and start asking others for advice then just keep things simple. Don't have kids, you can't return them if you don't like what you get.
    Dude he was askin an age guideline thingy . Not a Should I or shouldnt I
    Just sayin
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Earickson

obviously it's a decision that we'll have to make and then live with, but since when is asking advice of people who have been through it a bad thing?

vCash

vet beat me to it.

damn you 60 second flood control

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor
    Never
    Kids are horrible little creatures.
    What's the world coming to when I agree with Sicem even a little bit? He hates Abe Lincoln.

vCash

vet beat me to it.

damn you 60 second flood control
    Ya gots to be fast to beat the Olevet
    Or a smooth talker

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue
    What's the world coming to when I agree with Sicem even a little bit? He hates Abe Lincoln.
    Dude I almost Negged him fer that comment .

vCash

all righty then, once the lady hits late 30's your chances of having birth complications and developmental problems with the fetus start to rise sharply, so I would say that is the only age guideline.

but you seemed to be asking more along the lines of "what is a good age to have/not have kids based on social reasons", that's why I say don't listen to anyone else because you don't want them pushing you and the wifey around on the correct timeline, it's yours and hers decision based on what is important to you, and while I agree that making others, especially family, happy, should not be a reason to have kids. Whether we like it or not, it is important.

Being a nurse, I would go with the health reasons because I know and trust that, so I wouldn't want to have kids with a woman older than 38.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KaiserSooner's Avatar
    vCash

obviously it's a decision that we'll have to make and then live with, but since when is asking advice of people who have been through it a bad thing?
    I don't think he's saying it is a bad thing to ask questions. Sounds like he's saying that if you have to ask questions like this, then it is likely a telling sign you aren't ready to have kids.