Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OU gets Warren!

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Re: OU gets Warren!

Rival profile
    ***** recruit! (and no, that isn't an edited word, that's five stars!)

Here's something else I found online:
    Quote Originally Posted by some random basketball page
    I talked with Texas guard Willie Warren after Team Texas won its final game of the day this evening. Warren had 24 points in a 75-67 victory and had a nasty dunk.

He was all alone in the backcourt with the ball when he slowed down in the middle of the lane, cuffed the ball in his right hand, swung it around and did a windmill dunk.

It drew oh's and ah's even from the college coaches. By the way, Kentucky coach Billy Gillispie was in the stands (UK is also recruiting his teammate Rotnei Clarke) and Louisville assistant coach Steve Masiello was standing in the end zone.

After the game, Warren told me that he has a list of 10 schools now. Seton Hall and Connecticut are new players in the race for the 6-foot-4 guard from North Crawley High School.

He said that "schools two through eight are all the same. There's no 2 and no 8."

Warren said Oklahoma "has to be the leader right now." The Sooners have been in the thick of the race all along and several folks say that's where his mother wants him to attend.

But when asked about Louisville, Warren smiled. He said the interest from the Cardinals staff "has really picked up and I have to consider them strong because it's Rick Pitino." Warren said he took notice this week when the U of L staff was at all his games, including Pitino.

Warren also said Kentucky is not out of the mix.

"Like I said, 2 through 8 are all the same so they do have a shot," Warren said.

Although, perhaps we should be worried if Pitino's in the mix. He's a snake if there ever was one

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Zevon? Cool! I love that wherewolves of london thing.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Great pickup.

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Blake+Willie is a HUGE combo for the future.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

fuggin A. yawp.
    “someone's controlling the vibes!"--apache dropout

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GrapevineSooner's Avatar
    vCash

DMN also confirming it.
    Just imagine there's a really obnoxious graphical sig here

vCash

Thumbs up Re: OU gets Warren!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 jdsooner's Avatar
    vCash

In your face dunk.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

if he can dunk it, he must be a player. (heh).
    “someone's controlling the vibes!"--apache dropout

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

can he play now?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 jdsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Desert Sapper's Avatar
    Leavenworth...in a metaphorical prison...
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by kbsooner
    Awesome kid moment # 35,326:

I told my oldest to come over and see Willie Warren dunk. She thought I told her to come over and watch Willie Wonka. After watching the first dunk, and the subsequent dunks at his local court, she concluded that, (and I quote) 'Willie is amazing! He can make chocolate and do that!'
    PLAY LIKE A CHAMPION TODAY
    !بومر سونر

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ash's Avatar
    vCash

This is a huge pick up! Way to go Capel!

Sooner Starter
    vCash

OU Re: OU gets Warren!

Yeah but can he dribble, pass and shoot? srsly!

I see he can get a charging foul and get T'd up all in one move according to that video.

I am sure I'll get negged but he comes off as one of those prima donna, "I'm all that" kinda players that go play for Calipari @ Memphis State or the drunk at WVU from Cincinnati via quick stop in KState.

Hope he is a good kid and that is not representative of the majority of his game.
    BOOMER SOONER

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ash's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Socrefbek

I see he can get a charging foul and get T'd up all in one move according to that video.

I am sure I'll get negged but he comes off as one of those prima donna, "I'm all that" kinda players that go play for Calipari @ Memphis State or the drunk at WVU from Cincinnati via quick stop in KState.

Hope he is a good kid and that is not representative of the majority of his game.
    Actually, you pretty much nailed it.

He's very talented and a scorer, though, and the men's team needs that. Hopefully Capel can reign it in.

There's a reason Rotnei won't sign at the same school as Willie.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SleestakSooner's Avatar
    In a cardboard box... down by the Dempsey Dumpster.
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Socrefbek

Capel would not be interested at all in the kid if he felt strongly he wouldn't be good for the team. I will wait to form an opinion when I have seen more than ten seconds of video on the kid. The Sooners could use someone with an attitude and swagger. Who knows this kid could turn out to be OUr next Wayman.
    Quote Originally Posted by pokefun
    it is not natural to be optimistic and a cowboy fan unless it is the off season.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I don't see how we can already assume that our player is a thug just from watching 10 seconds of video. If I ever could dunk on somebody like that I would've gotten excited to, that doesn't make me a bad person. Keith Clark had a lot more bad stuff to go along with him but he hasn't caused any problems and nobody here has a problem with him. It's not like we just got a JamesOn.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OSUAggie's Avatar
    vCash

Big get for Capel.

A lot of people are saying that everyone backed off because of "attitude" problems, but I think that might be a bit of sour grapes from some and a disbelief that OU could sign him.

Whatever.

Capel can handle him, I'm sure.

Nice get to compliment the bigs.

ooooo-eeeee!!!

we gonna be good.

Capel's da man

bring back Top Dawg!!!!!