SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

100 years ago tonight...

Okies were milling around downtown Guthrie wondering when President Teddy Roosevelt would get around to signing the recently passed bill making Oklahoma a "brand new state."

I imagine there was also some drinkin', and perhaps some tomfoolery and general horse-play occuring as well.

Note: Teddy, being an elephant, wasn't too jazzed about admitting Oklahoma as a state because he knew it would be almost purely donkey for the foreseeable future.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

vCash

Re: 100 years ago tonight...

Well I aint in Gufree But I got the drinkin an tomfoolery down
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Re: 100 years ago tonight...

I better sober up my turkey.