SoonerFans.com Elite Member OUAndy1807's Avatar
    vCash

Great Credit Card Deals...

The wife and I have excellent credit (well, I have excellent, hers is above average), no debt besides our mortgage, her student loans and her 2006 Mazda Tribute which we're planning on paying off by the end of the year.

Currently, we have a Citibank card that gives us 1-5% cash back on all purchases (depending on where they are), but it limits us to $300 cash back per year. We put everything on this card (utilities, gas, food, everything but the mortgage) and we never carry a balance. We've already hit our $300 limit this year, which is prompting me to look for a new card.

Any special deals that I have to ask to get or any special cards? I want to stay in the Visa/Mastercard family just for ease of use, but if someone else has an awesome deal, I would look at Amex or Discover. Is Diner's Club still around?

vCash

Re: Great Credit Card Deals...

If you shopped Cabela's you could get one of their Visa cards like me. I think it pays back 1% on regular purchases, and 3% on Cabela's purchases. The downside is it pays back in Cabela's points...meaning of course you have to redeem them for Cabela's merchandise. I'll let it get on up there and then redeem them for something or another....almost like getting something for free.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 opksooner's Avatar
    vCash

.....and that's all the news from out here on the old Santa Fe Trail.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OUAndy1807's Avatar
    vCash

yeah, I went there. I was kind of looking for inside info deals I could ask for

edit: too snarky.

vCash

Funny, tonight a friend said he sort of "stumbled into" a top 5 card. The Citi Professional. He swears by the cash back and "gift cards" that he gets with it. Uses it like some do by paying off the balance monthly.

vCash

I have the American Express Starwood Points card. I like the points for hotel rooms thing, but I have read that it is one of the best for airline miles.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner24's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Triumph
    I have the American Express Starwood Points card. I like the points for hotel rooms thing, but I have read that it is one of the best for airline miles.

The nice thing about the Starwood card is you can swap points for miles 1-1 but swap 20,000 points and you get a 5000 mile bonus. It also only carries a $30 a year fee.

If you want to go for hotal miles the Hilton AMEX is unbeatable. Five points per dollar for spending at restaurants, post office, grocery store and all Hilton branded hotels. Three point per dollar on everything else and it has ZERO fees.

http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/about/creditamex.do

The Hilton HHonors Citi Visa card is almost as good as the Hilton AMEX and is even better when staying at a Hilton branded hotel. You get 15,000 points after your first purchase and it has ZERO fees also.

http://hhonorscard.com/us/cards/card...HUFGPHW357D02P

Get both cards and after the first use you have 25,000 points.
    Sooner Legends Inn & Suites

Voted #1 Hotel in Norman, OK - 2009
    Voted #2 Overall Restaurant in Norman, OK - 2009
    Voted #1 Catering in Norman, OK - 2009

1 Corinthians 1:18---For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.