Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guitar Hero 3?

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Guitar Hero 3?

Has anyone tried this game for Wii yet? NP wants to get it. I got GH2 for PS2 for his birthday last year.

vCash

Re: Guitar Hero 3?

It wont be out until this tuesday. I will have it then ( for the kids of course) . I will let you know then.

Ready for Baseball Season tulsaoilerfan's Avatar
    vCash

Actually it's available now; it was released at Midnight on Saturday night

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

I'm trying to talk myself out of going and buying it today. Can't decide if I want it for 360 or PS3 yet either.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerBBall's Avatar
    vCash

Well, I bought it today at Walmart, then realized that Walmart isn't selling the 360 version with a wireless controller. I took it back and bought the wireless version at Best Buy, but the controller wouldn't power on properly. I took that one back and got a controller that will power on, but this one won't connect to the 360. I haven't decided if I am going to try another wireless controller or just go for the wired version. In their stupidity, Neversoft/Red Octane chose to make the wireless controller in such a way that you can't connect it through a wire, even if you wanted to.
    Why doesn't he ever drop to the turf and sizzle like bacon when he scores? Is that too much to ask? -CobraKai on Adrian Peterson

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 rufnek05's Avatar
    vCash

I'm gettin when i get paid this week.
    Thats what the internet is for--slandering others anonymously.

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBBall
    Well, I bought it today at Walmart, then realized that Walmart isn't selling the 360 version with a wireless controller. I took it back and bought the wireless version at Best Buy, but the controller wouldn't power on properly. I took that one back and got a controller that will power on, but this one won't connect to the 360. I haven't decided if I am going to try another wireless controller or just go for the wired version. In their stupidity, Neversoft/Red Octane chose to make the wireless controller in such a way that you can't connect it through a wire, even if you wanted to.
    Hit the red button on your 360 and the button on the bottom of your controller.

It stumped me for a minute or two as well.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OUAndy1807's Avatar
    vCash

I am trying to keep myself from buying it, not because of the cost but because of the time I'm going to waste playing it.

I'll be buying it in about an hour, though. I'm weak.

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

Get your butt down to buy it. I was at GameStop at 11am (opening) and I got the last 360 version they'd sell without preorder.

Best Buy didn't have any with the controllers at all due to a shipping problem.

Ready for Baseball Season tulsaoilerfan's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBBall
    So i guess that's all Wal Marts then; we had the same problem here so my wife and son took it back today, so i had to go to Best Buy online to order it; not making a special trip to Tulsa just for a video game

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

OK, NP is out this week and the PS2 version is on its way (rented from Gamestop... you all should consider a free trial and give me credit for referring you, of course!) but I was wondering about the Wii version specifically.

Is it anything? Is the motion sensing thing teh awesome? Basically, I wanna know if it will bring eternal happiness, much like the Wii itself promised when profiteers stockpiled 'em last Christmas

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Since I don't own any of the new consoles or a PS2, I will probably be buying this for PC in a couple of weeks.

NOW GO AWAY OR I SHALL TAUNT YOU A SECOND TIME!

vCash

My 13 year old pre ordered it in August and picked it up last night at midnight. We were up til 3...going back for more.
    Do it for the Polar bears.

vCash

Thanks for the tip Mike. My bro and I have a 360 elite, and I wasn't hitting the connect button on the 360, just on the controller.

Initial impressions:

1. Hammers and pulls are EVEN EASIER.
    2. Way more chord switching.
    3. The 360 wireless les paul is sweet, but triggers star power when you barely move.
    4. Buttons on the wireless les paul are much less slick than on the regular guitars making sliding difficult.
    5. Boss battles are fun.
    6. Track list is A+++.
    Why doesn't he ever drop to the turf and sizzle like bacon when he scores? Is that too much to ask? -CobraKai on Adrian Peterson

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner_Havok's Avatar
    vCash

Yeah, I guess the walmart thing is a nation wide problem

link
    If I am right, then religious fundamentalists will not go to Heaven, because there is no Heaven. If THEY are right, then they will not go to Heaven, because they are hypocrites.

-Isaac Asimov

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

who can play Rock and Roll Hoochie Coo?
    “someone's controlling the vibes!"--apache dropout

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

I can't believe I waited until just a few weeks ago before ever playing a GH game. These things are more fun than a sack full of kittens.

vCash

I can't decide if I should get the kids the PS2 (which is in the front living room, on the smaller TV) or the PS3 version (which is on the main, big TV in the living room). Is there a real benefit to the PS3 version? It's not like graphics really matter that much on that game.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUDoc
    I can't decide if I should get the kids the PS2 (which is in the front living room, on the smaller TV) or the PS3 version (which is on the main, big TV in the living room). Is there a real benefit to the PS3 version? It's not like graphics really matter that much on that game.
    You'd actually be suprised. From personal experience, first-had experience, the difference in graphics from the PS2 to the 360 is huge. The game is just really, incredibly clean looking in HD.

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUDoc
    Plus for PS3: Downloadable content, online play, better graphics.
    Minus for PS3: The controller seems to have trouble staying connected or lagging with the game.