Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 oupride's Avatar
    vCash

Stoops 12th Man will be in Norman Saturday

Of course I am talking about the OU fans within the stadium on Saturday. The term originated with Texas A&M University in 1922 and IMO no one does a better job to create loud sounds in hopes of distracting, demoralizing and confusing the opposing team while they have possession of the ball. It is not my intent to dis any Sooner fans and they ARE LOUD at the snap of the ball. But the difference I want to point out is possession vs snap. I attended the Miami game and the sold-out stadium was LOUD. However, the fans sitting with me in the upper section home side did not begin their noise making until UM broke huddle and came up to the line of scrimmage. That's too late! Does this make sense? Trust me, this is hard to do and especially during time outs! However I can think of no better time than this Saturday to begin shoutin, whistling, stomping and any other techniques you can muster at least when the MIZZOU team comes onto the field of play. Again, I apologize if this thread offends anyone this is not my intent. I have been to College Station the last 3 trips and after witnessing Coach Heupel YELLING into Jason White's ear on the sideline I have just wanted to share it. This is a BIG game let's help OUr team!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Widescreen's Avatar
    vCash

Re: 12th Man will be in Norman Saturday

Good luck with that. It's not in our fans' makeup to make noise constantly.

vCash

Comparing OU Fans to Sheep Herders can only mean trOUble arOUnd here.

You shOUld ask the Mods to delete this IMO.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OKLA21FAN's Avatar
    vCash

A&M should take legal action for this thread title

You can stand on it SeattleOUstudent's Avatar
    vCash

Right! While we are at it, we can start our own new tradition. We can call it the OU SHOCK WAVE or something.

Im thinking a vertical 'wave'.

Sooner Rookie SpiderInMyPeanuts's Avatar
    vCash

I was actually there for the SHOCKWAVE---it was against Baylor in 1996 or 1997. Pretty low moment for me as a Sooner.

Boomer Sooner! Re: 12th Man will be in Norman Saturday

You can stand on it SeattleOUstudent's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderInMyPeanuts
    I was actually there for the SHOCKWAVE---it was against Baylor in 1996 or 1997. Pretty low moment for me as a Sooner.

97 Baylor. What a disaster.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by MamaMia
    cute. spek. but let's see if I can 1up you...

I have to live in Texas and am surrounded by Aggies. To suggest we use junk grabbin Aggie as some type of role model is ill. They are to make fun of and use as examples to teach our children...

I showed my daughter the end of the OU/Aggie game last year. I paused the game and had her count the number of Aggies on the field and explained to her how they just screwed themselves on National TV and how proud they where to be the home of the 12th man. I explained how we all laughed as we took pics in front of the big, HOME OF THE 12TH MAN sign on the way out of the stadium, and explained to her, THAT is the Aggie way.

Sooner Benchwarmer AlabamaSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by oupride
    Of course I am talking about the OU fans within the stadium on Saturday. The term originated with Texas A&M University in 1922 and IMO no one does a better job to create loud sounds in hopes of distracting, demoralizing and confusing the opposing team while they have possession of the ball. It is not my intent to dis any Sooner fans and they ARE LOUD at the snap of the ball. But the difference I want to point out is possession vs snap. I attended the Miami game and the sold-out stadium was LOUD. However, the fans sitting with me in the upper section home side did not begin their noise making until UM broke huddle and came up to the line of scrimmage. That's too late! Does this make sense? Trust me, this is hard to do and especially during time outs! However I can think of no better time than this Saturday to begin shoutin, whistling, stomping and any other techniques you can muster at least when the MIZZOU team comes onto the field of play. Again, I apologize if this thread offends anyone this is not my intent. I have been to College Station the last 3 trips and after witnessing Coach Heupel YELLING into Jason White's ear on the sideline I have just wanted to share it. This is a BIG game let's help OUr team!
    I'll give A&M credit. Probably one of the loudest stadiums I've been to in 2004.
    "The history of Oklahoma is about winning championships. We already have six national championships, now we have seven. We play well in the Orange Bowl. You can't say, 'well that was then, this is now'. That's Oklahoma football."

OU Class of '06
    Boomer Sooner!
    Roll Tide!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jimminy Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

Everything about A&M is overrated.

The end.

Sooner Rookie SpiderInMyPeanuts's Avatar
    vCash

Kansas St in 2000 was louder to me.

Quote Originally Posted by badger
    cute. spek. but let's see if I can 1up you...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member fadada1's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleOUstudent
    97 Baylor. What a disaster.
    at least we won. barely. but we won.
    I don’t know if the block on that last one was due to low trajectory or if the guys up front didn’t hold their ground well enough. I’m not convinced it matters. We have every reason to believe the ball could have gone through the uprights and the refs would have signaled first down Oregon. - D.E.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Doged's Avatar
    vCash

Just a technicality, but being loud during the huddle won't really work that well against Mizzou. They usually run a no-huddle offense. Loud at the line of scrimmage will be good, though!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

Hey, everyone wear orange! That'll confuse 'em real good. Big let down 'cause they'll think they're in stoolwater!!!!
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OKLA21FAN's Avatar
    vCash

never they less,
    Ou fans can nevar be as loud as Oregon home games.....just ask them

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Widescreen
    Good luck with that. It's not in our fans' makeup to make noise constantly.
    Back in the day when our stadium seats were made of wood - late 60’s and most of the 70’s – Nebraska players and for that matter our other opponents called Memorial Stadium the “SNAKE PIT” because of the noise.

Sounds like our current crop of fans may have become more soft and polite? Guess that's what happens when ticket prices go up and you get comfortable armchair seats.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 MyT Oklahoma's Avatar
    vCash

Well hell.. I lucked out and got some "Seats for Sooners" tickets this week and now I have the pleasure of taking my daughter to her first game in Norman next saturday. Is that too cool or what?

It goes without saying of course that I will show her how to make the proper amount of crowd noise. I can hardly wait.

P.S. Thank you OU Ticket Office.