Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Goin' after Rush and Talk Radio, round #568

The Senate leader Harry Reid makes a speech on the Senate floor to criticize R. Limbaugh, and falsely accuse him of disrespecting the military, when it's Reid and his gang that ACTUALLY DO disrespect the military, time and time again. A resolution introduced in the House, too, to condemn private citizen Limbaugh. Paving the way to re-introduce the Fairness Doctrine, IMO.

I'm SHOCKED that nobody has started a thread on this before now.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

party pooper
    vCash

Re: Goin' after Rush and Talk Radio, round #568

You're right...I think we should devote a whole 10 pages to a discussion of the ramifications of a non-binding resolution in the senate.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Hamhock's Avatar
    vCash

IBTM
    heh.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Ike
    You're right...I think we should devote a whole 10 pages to a discussion of the ramifications of a non-binding resolution in the senate.
    I would think you would be interested in how our legislators conduct the nation's business.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
    I would think you would be interested in how our legislators conduct the nation's business.
    rock paper scissors....you may now carry on with your false outrage.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Scott D
    rock paper scissors....you may now carry on with your false outrage.
    Real disgust, no real or imagined outrage. It's expected of those guys, but still disgusting.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I think Reid is an idiot, he is Senate majority leader, Rush is a drug addict. Do the math.
    Boomer Sooner

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonerscuba
    I think Reid is an idiot, he is Senate majority leader, Rush is a (recovering, I think)drug addict. Do the math.
    For once we agree, except for the math part.

party pooper
    vCash

Sure...when they write laws it's important. Nonbinding resolutions, not so much.

Just a quick search revealed some of the nonbinding resolutions brought before the senate just last week. Naturally, some of these most people would consider very reasonable things. Some of them however make you wonder why they do it. Its simple...they do it because they can, and these things don't really mean anything.

<edit> whoops..in my list there are some actual binding resolutions there...but they are easy to pick out

326. S.RES.326 : A resolution supporting the goals and ideals of a National Day of Remembrance for Murder Victims.
    Sponsor: Sen Cornyn, John [TX] (introduced 9/24/2007) Cosponsors (2)

327. S.RES.327 : A resolution recognizing the 218th anniversary of the United States Marshals Service.
    Sponsor: Sen Dole, Elizabeth [NC] (introduced 9/24/2007) Cosponsors (1)

328. S.RES.328 : A resolution condemning the assassination on September 19, 2007, of Antoine Ghanem, a member of the Parliament of Lebanon who opposed Syrian interference in Lebanon.
    Sponsor: Sen Biden, Joseph R., Jr. [DE] (introduced 9/24/2007) Cosponsors (2)

329. S.RES.329 : A resolution congratulating Southern Illinois University Edwardsville as it celebrates its 50th anniversary.
    Sponsor: Sen Durbin, Richard [IL] (introduced 9/24/2007) Cosponsors (1)

330. S.RES.330 : A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate regarding the degradation of the Jordan River and the Dead Sea and welcoming cooperation between the peoples of Israel, Jordan, and Palestine.
    Sponsor: Sen Lugar, Richard G. [IN] (introduced 9/25/2007) Cosponsors (None)

331. S.RES.331 : A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate that Turkey should end its military occupation of the Republic of Cyprus, particularly because Turkey's pretext has been refuted by over 13,000,000 crossings of the divide by Turkish-Cypriots and Greek Cypriots into each other's communities without incident.
    Sponsor: Sen Menendez, Robert [NJ] (introduced 9/25/2007) Cosponsors (1)

332. S.RES.332 : A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate that the Department of Defense and the Department of Veterans Affairs should increase their investment in pain management research.
    Sponsor: Sen Mikulski, Barbara A. [MD] (introduced 9/26/2007) Cosponsors (1)

333. S.RES.333 : A resolution to authorize the production of records by the Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations of the Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs.
    Sponsor: Sen Reid, Harry [NV] (introduced 9/26/2007) Cosponsors (1)

334. S.RES.334 : A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate regarding the degradation of the Jordan River and the Dead Sea and welcoming cooperation between the peoples of Israel, Jordan, and Palestine.
    Sponsor: Sen Lugar, Richard G. [IN] (introduced 9/27/2007) Cosponsors (None)

335. S.RES.335 : A resolution recognizing that the occurrence of prostate cancer in African American men has reached epidemic proportions and urging Federal agencies to address that health crisis by designating funds for education, awareness outreach, and research specifically focused on how that disease affects African American men.
    Sponsor: Sen Kerry, John F. [MA] (introduced 9/27/2007) Cosponsors (3)

336. S.RES.336 : A resolution recognizing and honoring the 20 years of service and contributions of Dr. James Hadley Billington as Librarian of Congress.
    Sponsor: Sen Hutchison, Kay Bailey [TX] (introduced 9/27/2007) Cosponsors (21)

337. S.RES.337 : A resolution authorizing the Committee on Rules and Administration to prepare a revised edition of the Standing Rules of the Senate as a Senate document.
    Sponsor: Sen Feinstein, Dianne [CA] (introduced 9/28/2007) Cosponsors (1)

338. S.RES.338 : A resolution supporting the goals and ideals of National Passport Month.
    Sponsor: Sen Feinstein, Dianne [CA] (introduced 10/1/2007) Cosponsors (None)

339. S.RES.339 : A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate on the situation in Burma.
    Sponsor: Sen Kerry, John F. [MA] (introduced 10/1/2007) Cosponsors (25)

340. S.RES.340 : A resolution recognizing the efforts and contributions of outstanding Hispanic scientists in the United States.
    Sponsor: Sen Martinez, Mel [FL] (introduced 10/1/2007) Cosponsors (3)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member 85Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Called Harry Reids office to see if he was going on rushs show. They said he didn't know. I would love to hear that. Rush would destroy him.

And bringing up the drug thing is very dangerous and in porr taste sen harkin. he did it, went for treatment and has never done anything but address what he learned from it. Anyone who believes it can't happen to them (especially with drugs like oxycotin etc..) is fooling themselves.
    OBAMA= One Big A** Mistake America!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member 85Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Ike
    Sure...when they write laws it's important. Nonbinding resolutions, not so much.

Just a quick search revealed some of the nonbinding resolutions brought before the senate just last week. Naturally, some of these most people would consider very reasonable things. Some of them however make you wonder why they do it. Its simple...they do it because they can, and these things don't really mean anything.

<edit> whoops..in my list there are some actual binding resolutions there...but they are easy to pick out

I don't see one against anyone person. Especially one who calls them out with the truth.
    OBAMA= One Big A** Mistake America!

party pooper
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 85Sooner
    I don't see one against anyone person. Especially one who calls them out with the truth.
    That was just last week. Im sure if we broaden the sample size, you'll see plenty.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 85Sooner
    Then I guess you were really, really mad about what Republicans did to John McCain, Max Cleland, and John Kerry?
    Boomer Sooner

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Stoop Dawg's Avatar
    vCash

Japs bomb Pearl Harbor!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonerloyal's Avatar
    vCash

Rush Limbaugh can suck the big 1111111One. I heard his entire statement and saw the video of it BEFORE the SOB edited it, and his insult to my veteran sons and their brothers isn't something I'll let him off the hook for. Just because he's backpedaling doesn't make his slap in the face any softer for the men and women who serve honorably, but don't agree with the war in Iraq.

I don't agree either with Congress and Bush wasting our time, money, focus and childrens' lives on bull**** carping over things that don't really matter - meanwhile our sons and daughters are bleeding out heartsblood while the rest of the country watches. But if you think I'm going to let crap slide over my windshield while I'm trying to drive and not hose it off, you'd be wrong. Between listening to O'Reilly not listen to anyone with a differing opinion, and Limbaugh barfing out ridiculous drivel towards the people who actually know whereof they speak, I'm ready to to throw them in the mud. That goes for the ultra-left screamers who have the same BS factor.

Truth is, the only opinions that really matter are the ones who have actually served - and the loved ones who wait at home for them to return. Regardless of opinion or political stance, theirs is borne of actually knowing the subject. Everyone elses' is just a weak imitation of a worthwhile opinion.

Rush Limbaugh never gave anything to this country worthwhile. His infected butt kept him safe from service in 'Nam. He might have the Constitutional right to state his opinion, but that doesn't mean it's worth a sh**. Ask my sons what they think of his opinion. The answers might rankle you...but it's two of the few you'll hear that actually counts for anything.
    "I thought the only way we could beat Bama is if they came in unmotivated like we did against Boise. Bama wasn't caught off guard, OU didn't use cheap-*** trickeration...for 60 minutes we punched them in the face and they went down." - SoonernAR

"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    - Hubert H. Humphrey

vCash

I feel silly posting in this thread, we have a limp-wristed politician sending meaningless legislation against a tired, drug-addled crackpot, and we are talking about it.
    Boomer Sooner

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonerloyal's Avatar
    vCash

Ain't free speech ops wonderful?
    "I thought the only way we could beat Bama is if they came in unmotivated like we did against Boise. Bama wasn't caught off guard, OU didn't use cheap-*** trickeration...for 60 minutes we punched them in the face and they went down." - SoonernAR

"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    - Hubert H. Humphrey

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonerscuba
    I feel silly posting in this thread, we have a limp-wristed politician sending meaningless legislation against a tired, drug-addled crackpot, and we are talking about it.
    Now we disagree again. Limbaugh is so effective and popular because he speaks the truth. For you to call him a crackpot means you are oblivious to the failings of the left, or you simply don't know much of what he says, and gobble the goop of leftist pundits.

vCash

Now we disagree again. Limbaugh is so effective and popular because he tells people what they want to hear.
    Most people don't give two ****s about the truth.
    I'm not happy until you're not happy.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by mdklatt
    Most leftists don't give two ****s about the truth.
    Hence the Harry Reid rant. Someday, those in Nevada will hopefully tire of his insistance on defeat in Iraq.