Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

...and, to top it all off, I'm unemployed.

Accepted a job at a different credit union last night. Turned in my two weeks notice today and was informed that they would no longer be requiring my services.

My week-and-a-half vacation just turned into damn near a month.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OUHOMER's Avatar
    vCash

Re: ...and, to top it all off, I'm unemployed.

WELL, CONGRATES, I would love to have a month off and start a new job
    Posse Member hoping for middle manager, Yep , I dont know ****

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

Quote:
    Originally Posted by C&CDean
    I'm a tolerant mother****er.

vCash

Great news. Live it up!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Newbomb Turk's Avatar
    vCash

Nothing like them letting you go after you give your two weeks. Enjoy the time off and good luck with the new job.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sanantoniosooner's Avatar
    vCash

At least you have that great moderator pay to fall back on.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

You can post to your heart's content.(don't get hooked, however)
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sanantoniosooner
    At least you have that great moderator pay to fall back on.
    the good thing is he's probably getting paid for the two weeks. Mod pay will have to take care of the rest.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TopDaugIn2000's Avatar
    vCash

I've never been that lucky, past employers have worked my *** off the last 2 weeks.

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Newbomb Turk
    the good thing is he's probably getting paid for the two weeks. Mod pay will have to take care of the rest.
    Heh. Yep.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TopDaugIn2000
    I've never been that lucky, past employers have worked my *** off the last 2 weeks.
    based on your job history, that is like what, 18-20 weeks of working your *** off?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

You should compare notes with TD2K. She loves changing gigs! That gal changes jobs like Mrs. Homey changes her hair color...frequently and with wild abandon.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerBOI's Avatar
    vCash

Cheers!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

That has been my experience, the last one even wanted me to finish some projects on a contract basis.

Congrats, I took a week off between jobs in August.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Okla-homey
    You should compare notes with TD2K. She loves changing gigs! That gal changes jobs like Mrs. Homey changes her hair color...frequently and with wild abandon.
    yeah, her and 1tc are definitely in competition

but then he just celebrated 1 year with the same company
    “If a team is to reach its potential, each player must be willing to subordinate his personal goals to the good of the team.”

Bud Wilkinson

vCash

when people bothered to give me notice, the first thing I would ask them was when their new job start. Most of them indicated they could start basically immediately and I would just cut them loose right then with that as the justification. Even if it didn't start immediately I would have cut them loose right away. I saw too many people within their last 2 weeks just melt down on the phones with the customer. I even saw some where the phone call had to be taken over. The first agent who turned in a 2 week notice under me gave it to the manager while I was off. The next day, first bad customer he had, he got them taken care of, walked up to me and said he couldn't do the 2 weeks.

Basically, it's a whole mindset. It's just easier to let them go then risk other things. There are of course exceptions....
    “If a team is to reach its potential, each player must be willing to subordinate his personal goals to the good of the team.”

Bud Wilkinson

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TopDaugIn2000's Avatar
    vCash

yeah, I do change a lot, but I think thats partly my generation. we all have career A.D.D. and will take more money any time we can get it. (I've nearly doubled my salary in less than 4 years by changing jobs)
    1st job: 16 months
    2nd job: 13 months
    3rd job: 11 months
    current job: 3 weeks. I really think I'm gonna stick with this one a while. It's nice to be back into a small family owned company where I am appreciated and can really make a difference.

vCash

You're young, you got your health. What do you want with a job?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 jeremy885's Avatar
    vCash

yeah, I do change a lot, but I think thats partly my generation. we all have career A.D.D. and will take more money any time we can get it. (I've nearly doubled my salary in less than 4 years by changing jobs)
    1st job: 16 months
    2nd job: 13 months
    3rd job: 11 months
    current job: 3 weeks. I really think I'm gonna stick with this one a while. It's nice to be back into a small family owned company where I am appreciated and can really make a difference.

I'm your age and no, it's mostly just you. If you have the same complaints about your work and your coworkers at each job you've had, it may just be you and not them (my wife has the same problem).

I've almost tripled my salary since I was transferred from OKC to McKinney in 05 by sticking with the same company and working my way through the ranks. I'm now the youngest Regional Controller in my company (the oldest is twice my age) and companies tend to like people who are willing to stick through the hard times and get the job done, then the ones who will bail at the first opportunity.

just my 2 cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetdigger
    Given that 90% + of the comments on this board are not serious, I think that the true error is to assume that someone IS serious when they make a comment. Rather, assuming they were NOT serious should be the bias. The fabric of the board is really not too complex

SoonerFans.com Elite Member 85Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

hopefully they paid you for those 2 weeks anyway. I know that used to be our policy at most banks I worked at.
    OBAMA= One Big A** Mistake America!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member 1stTimeCaller's Avatar
    vCash

you will now have more time for the Great Anchorage Karaoke Tour '07
    one day