Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OSUAggie's Avatar
    vCash

Vance Bedford canned...

ahhhhhhh

http://www.newsok.com/article/2998508

Bedford out as OSU's defensive coordinator

The Oklahoman

STILLWATER — Vance Bedford is out as Oklahoma State's defensive coordinator.
    "Vance and I were in agreement that it might be a good time for a change," OSU head coach Mike Gundy said in a statement. "There are some things he wants to pursue and some things we want to do as well. We certainly wish him the best and appreciate the things he has done for Cowboy football over the last two years."

Bedford was defensive coordinator for the past two seasons and coached Oklahoma State's defensive backs in 1993 and 1994.

"I'm very appreciative of the opportunity to have been at Oklahoma State," Bedford said. "I think Coach Gundy is going to do great things here. I look forward to seeing that happen, and I'm looking forward to what's ahead for me as well."

Before returning to Stillwater, Bedford served as the secondary coach at Michigan.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member fadada1's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Vance Bedford canned...

seems to me they've let the wrong person...

oh nevermind.
    I don’t know if the block on that last one was due to low trajectory or if the guys up front didn’t hold their ground well enough. I’m not convinced it matters. We have every reason to believe the ball could have gone through the uprights and the refs would have signaled first down Oregon. - D.E.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Gandalf_The_Grey's Avatar
    vCash

When can we start No Aggie Wednesday

Awesoministrator

vCash

Why did they wait so long?

I would have canned him after he called the fanbase roaches.

Coulda saved them from having the 89th ranked defense.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino

Coulda saved them from having the 89th ranked defense.
    but they're 27th worst. looks better with a lower number, don't it?
    I don’t know if the block on that last one was due to low trajectory or if the guys up front didn’t hold their ground well enough. I’m not convinced it matters. We have every reason to believe the ball could have gone through the uprights and the refs would have signaled first down Oregon. - D.E.

Awesoministrator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by fadada1
    but they're 31st worst. looks better with a lower number, don't it?
    fixed.

vCash

my bad.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

John Blake for oSu DC?
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino
    Why did they wait so long?

I would have canned him after he called the fanbase roaches.
    Never saw that one.

I wonder if he can sue for being terminated cause he told the truth???

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OklahomaTuba
    Never saw that one.

Probably not, Boone probably owns the Judges in the Stillwater area too....and clearly Boone can't handle the truth.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

Awesoministrator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OklahomaTuba
    Never saw that one.

From NewsOK.com:
    Thu September 28, 2006
    Bedford doesn't backtrack on recent comments
    OSU fans divided on defensive coordinator's ‘roaches' reference
    By Mike Baldwin
    Staff Writer

STILLWATER — Oklahoma State defensive coordinator Vance Bedford said Wednesday he stands behind his original statement that fans who jump ship after one loss are like roaches jumping ship.

The comment has created a stir on talk radio and the Internet.

"I'm not a fence-straddler," Bedford said. "You're either with us or you're not. I won't change my stance. That's who I am. I want to thank the people who are with us. If you got offended by the comment, you must be a fence-straddler."

Monday, after OSU's defense surrendered 509 yards in a loss at Houston, Bedford said: "People are saying, ‘Well, same 'ol Oklahoma State.' Go tell those people that told that same 'ol lie to go ahead and jump off the ship like a bunch of roaches. That's OK because that's what they are, a bunch of roaches.

"Either you are an Oklahoma State Cowboy through and through or you're not. You're with us win, lose or draw. That's how I was raised."

Coach Mike Gundy said Wednesday he wouldn't comment on one of his coaches' statements.

Nearly every fan contacted in a telephone survey on Wednesday said they understood Bedford's intent.

"He maybe could have chosen his words more carefully, but it didn't bother me whatsoever," said Mike Gray, a 15-year season ticket holder from Perkins. "If you're a loyal, dedicated fan, he wasn't talking to you. I'll be there for every game no matter what the outcome."

But there have been negative comments, both on the Web and radio.

On GoPokes.com, "shortbus" of Enid wrote: "His comments were out of line. OSU has the most loyal fans in college football. We've been here long before him and will be here long after he's gone. We've never had great defense and rarely have seen good defense as long as I can remember. And I'll be 30 soon."

"Orange 1989" wrote: "If his plan was to rally his defense while protecting his players from criticism, then at the end of the season he may be a genius. I still believe he went about it wrong. You can stand up for your team while tactfully not calling out your fan base."

On Wednesday, Bedford reiterated coaches and players are working hard to improve.

"You can't base things on just one game," Bedford said. "Players and coaches aren't satisfied with how we played. We've worked hard all year, and we'll continue to work hard to get better. That's how I coach. I like this defense. They listen and they play hard. As long as they do that, that's all I can ask of them."

Stan Reichert, from Edmond, has been attending OSU games the past 20 years.

"If you took it negatively, those are the ones who will be the loudest," Reichert said. "It didn't bother me."

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OUmillenium's Avatar
    vCash

Just had the National Coaches clinic. Maybe Gumby was looking for a solid replacement behind the scenes before he lowered the axe.

As usual, Traber believes the def coordinator was a good coach but his leaving helps OSU. ******rocket status confirmed.
    Here lies Lester Moor
    4 slugs from a .44
    No Lester no more

That's no moon...

Quote Originally Posted by OUmillenium
    Just had the National Coaches clinic. Maybe Gumby was looking for a solid replacement behind the scenes before he lowered the axe.

As usual, Traber believes the def coordinator was a good coach but his leaving helps OSU. ******rocket status confirmed.
    You are probably right. I wouldn't doubt he's already got some replacement possibilities in mind.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Gandalf_The_Grey's Avatar
    vCash

With Boone's money, they could probably get Stoops if they really wanted to!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Wink Re: Vance Bedford canned...

Take. That. Back.

vCash

I could care less about how nice Boone makes OSU's stadium. Even if you have a toilet of solid gold, it still has crap inside.

Quote Originally Posted by kevpks
    I could care less about how nice Boone makes OSU's stadium. Even if you have a toilet of solid gold, it still has crap inside.

Do you really like turds having better luxury than you?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by orangekaje
    Do you really like turds having better luxury than you?
    I don't care if I have to sit on a cinder block. I would rather watch a good football team that wins games and championships.

Quote Originally Posted by kevpks
    I don't care if I have to sit on a cinder block. I would rather watch a good football team that wins games and championships.
    For those fans out there who have good reason for being a sooner fan, this is the mentality that OSU fan's get upset about. The bandwagon mentality. However, I'm sure it would be the same way at OSU if we were in your position.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OUmillenium's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by poke4christ
    For those fans out there who have good reason for being a sooner fan, this is the mentality that OSU fan's get upset about. The bandwagon mentality. However, I'm sure it would be the same way at OSU if we were in your position.

Fortunately, you will never be in our position(Championship caliber).
    Here lies Lester Moor
    4 slugs from a .44
    No Lester no more

That's no moon...